Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Savvy LJ Test Mule

273K views 1K replies 162 participants last post by  Savvy 
#1 ·
Here is the Savvy LJ Test mule as it currently sits. Just needs a TT and some LEDs tail lights and it will be trail ready.

This Jeep was displayed at the King of the Hammers and was praised a lot. Sorry I don't have any before pictures as it was a theft recovery that was completely stock. We use it to prototype the TJ/LJ parts. I'll update this post with all of the current mods.

Specs:
· 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Auto
· Savvy Aluminum Gas Tank Skid
· Savvy Aluminum Full Corners
· Savvy Stainless Steel Wrecking Ball Tub Rails
· Savvy Aluminum Rockers with Chromoly Sliders
· Savvy Aluminum Front and Rear Bumpers
· Savvy LED Tail Lights Billet Housing
· Savvy Aluminum/Steel Under Armor - The 1st complete engine, tranny and transfer case skid
· Savvy Aluminum 1" Motor Mount Lift - Integrated into Under Armor
· Savvy Aluminum 1.25" Body lift - CNC Milled
· Savvy/Currie Ultimate 4130 Heat Treated HD Steering
· Currie 4" Suspension Lift - CE-9801H
· Currie HD Adjustable Trackbar - CE-9120TJS
· Currie Rear Adjustable Trackbar - CE-9120R
· Currie 4" HD Coil Springs
· Currie Rear Universal Antirock - CE-9902-18
· Currie Front F9 Housing with Hi-Pinion ARB 4.86 third member
· Currie Rear Rock Jock III ARB 4.88s
· Vanco 17" Big Brake Kit with Master Cylinder
· Metalcloak Aluminum Oveline Fenders and Flares
· Superior Outer Front Axle Shafts
· Rancho 9000XL Adjustable Shocks
· Novak Transfer Case Cable Shifter
· Poly Performance Rear Shock relocators
· Poly Performance LJ Roll Cage
· Raceline RT233 Monster Bead Locks 17 x 9"
· BFG KM2 37" x 12.50" x 17" Tires
· Tom Woods Drive Shafts
· Warn M9000 with relocated solenoid pack
· Hella 7000 Driving Lights
· Viking Off Road Synthetic Winch line and Safety Thimble

How it currently sits

See less See more
#2 ·
I'm liking the way the LJ is sitting!

#16 ·
:drool: Soooo sexy.

When will that rear bumper be available: I could use some recovery points that I can trust to more than towing around my 14' aluminum boat :laugh: (aka my u haul hitch)

And how do I go about getting a sticker?

Need a Mechanical Engineering Intern?

#29 ·
#50 ·
Ok... I understand the gear decision then. I do like having the option of turning OD off too.

That is cool that you will be doing the writeup for crawl. Will we get to see it first, or will we have to wait for the mag?

#58 ·
Blaine and Gerald put the tub rails on my LJ, and I'm pleased to report that they work, and work well. While on Outer Limits at JV last week, I had momentary brain failure while backing up. I backed into a big a$$ rock. Hard, very hard. My teeth rattled. The tub rail corner was the impact point. Guess what happened to it? It got scratched. That's all. If you guys need protection, this stuff is it. Blaine has forbidden me from posting pictures until all of the KOH mud has been cleaned up, so I'll try and get some hi-res shots this weekend.

#60 ·
I am just attempting to decipher what Blaine says. He speaks in a very precise and specific language known as English. He chooses his words carefully, and even makes them semi ambiguous while totally intentional and true to mess with us.

#72 ·
i agree, aluminum control arm links wouldn't be too good on a TJ. might work on your RC buggy tho :rofl: :rofl:

those who have machined aluminum vs steel vs chromoly would understand...aluminum is just too soft. not to soft for the rocks, just too soft to thread it reliably for something like this. and you can't weld aluminum to threaded steel inserts....so....

o0o heat treated 4130 would be sexy :drool: :drool:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.