Savvy Front Bumper Install - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Savvy Front Bumper Install

Bead Lock Wheels! Raceline, Trail Ready, & Trail-GearUCF Black Friday SaleLOCKERS!!!! - ARB, Auburn, Detroit, Eaton, OX, Spartan, Yu

Unread 12-25-2009, 11:26 AM   #46
ozo101

2003 TJ Wrangler 

dude I kinda like your old bumper better.

Unread 12-25-2009, 11:26 AM   #47
Savvy
Vendor

2014 JK Wrangler 

The stainless steel recovery points need to be tumbled, polished or painted. When you weld stainless they can rust around the weld area. Polishing them brings the cromium back to the surface so they don't rust any longer and won't need paint.

In the future, we will tumble them for everyone who buys them. We are still looking for a shop that can tumble them cost effectively.

Email me for the fastest response: gman@savvyoffroad.com

Like us on Facebook FACEBOOK.COM/SAVVYOFFROAD

The ONLY place to get Savvy/Currie Lifts and parts! The best price and support!

Now with Lifetime Guarantee Lifetime Guarantee - See Here

http://www.savvyoffroad.com

Unlimited Black Hole - The Ultimate LJ

Savvy Spartan 2004 LJ

2014 JKU Test Mule

2003 TJ Project Unrolled
2003 TJ Project Click Here
Savvy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-25-2009, 11:34 AM   #48
LGriffith
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by provelogear View Post
The stainless steel recovery points need to be tumbled, polished or painted. When you weld stainless they can rust around the weld area. Polishing them brings the cromium back to the surface so they don't rust any longer and won't need paint.

In the future, we will tumble them for everyone who buys them. We are still looking for a shop that can tumble them cost effectively.
I may polish them if I can figure out how with what I have here at the house. If not, than I'll probably sand them to get the slight rust and grime off than clear coat them.
Unread 12-25-2009, 11:40 AM   #49
ozo101

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

just buy a vibratory tumbler Gerald

Vibratory Finishing Machine - 2 Cubic Ft. - Tumbler USA - eBay (item 370311126690 end time Jan-03-10 11:10:39 PST)
Unread 12-25-2009, 11:40 AM   #50
Savvy
Vendor

2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGriffith View Post
Mine came yesterday. It's officially mine this morning . Still waiting on hardware though and for the weather to change to paint it. Also, I guess I need the light tabs before I mount it or I'll have nothing to do with my fogs.

I'll be painting the bumper black, and leaving the tabs stainless and the hardware gold. Not sure if I'll be mounting the fairlead mount yet considering I don't have a winch.

Merry Christmas!
You can install the Bumper befor ethe light tabs make it to you. They just use the upper two bumper bolts to mount under.

I'm looking forward to seeing a painted bumper. I sent one out to be powder coated but I won't see it till after the new year.

Savvy Spartan 2004 LJ

2014 JKU Test Mule

2003 TJ Project Unrolled
Unread 12-25-2009, 11:45 AM   #51
LGriffith
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
You can install the Bumper befor ethe light tabs make it to you. They just use the upper two bumper bolts to mount under.

I'm looking forward to seeing a painted bumper. I sent one out to be powder coated but I won't see it till after the new year.
Yeah, but than I won't have anywhere to put my stock fogs. I don't want to drill any extra holes just for something that's temporary. Maybe if I used a fairlead mount hole? Hmm...
Unread 12-25-2009, 11:57 AM   #52
SuperWade2
More Money than Brains

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozo101 View Post
dude I kinda like your old bumper better.
If that was directed at me (The O.P), I take that as a compliment that I have outstanding taste in bumpers...

Like I said, I have nothing but great things to say about my Hanson Bumper... The quality of the bumper was just awesome, and I always thought it was tops in appearance as well... To be fair I got mine before they moved production out of the main Hanson facility in Salinas, CA to Fresno, CA (when they became more "Mass Produced", and I heard the quality maybe wasn't up to the same standard). I went down and talked to Wayne Hanson and was impressed with the man and his business.

So if your looking for a great "full weight" bumper, I will recommend Hanson all day... I wanted my Jeep to become more Savvy, and the Hanson while looks great is quite heavy (75lbs ish). I don't need a Deer Plow, I don't run into trees, so I wanted a great performing, lightweight and great looking bumper... thus the Savvy!

That's what's great about this Jeep thing... everyone's rig is a reflection of each of our personalities (and pocket books), and my personality has changed from wanting big, beefy and heavy with light, functional and super strong.

Have a good Christmas everyone

SW2
2014 WK2 Overland 5.7L
SuperWade2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-25-2009, 12:42 PM   #53
mrblaine
Wizard of Brakes

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperWade2 View Post
If that was directed at me (The O.P), I take that as a compliment that I have outstanding taste in bumpers...

Like I said, I have nothing but great things to say about my Hanson Bumper... The quality of the bumper was just awesome, and I always thought it was tops in appearance as well... To be fair I got mine before they moved production out of the main Hanson facility in Salinas, CA to Fresno, CA (when they became more "Mass Produced", and I heard the quality maybe wasn't up to the same standard). I went down and talked to Wayne Hanson and was impressed with the man and his business.

So if your looking for a great "full weight" bumper, I will recommend Hanson all day... I wanted my Jeep to become more Savvy, and the Hanson while looks great is quite heavy (75lbs ish). I don't need a Deer Plow, I don't run into trees, so I wanted a great performing, lightweight and great looking bumper... thus the Savvy!

That's what's great about this Jeep thing... everyone's rig is a reflection of each of our personalities (and pocket books), and my personality has changed from wanting big, beefy and heavy with light, functional and super strong.

Have a good Christmas everyone

SW2
I have to agree 100 percent with you Wade. Wayne has always impressed me with his unique designs and outstanding quality.

If I wasn't capable of building my own bumpers, he would be my first choice for that style of gear.
Unread 12-25-2009, 01:01 PM   #54
SuperWade2
More Money than Brains

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

I guess that means I should go find that Matte Clear Coat then, huh? (my local Mom and Pop Ace HW didn't have it) I'm not planning to polish, or paint (at this point) any of the bumper... I might as well hit the whole thing I guess with the clear coat, but don't want it glossy...

Wade
2014 WK2 Overland 5.7L
SuperWade2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-25-2009, 01:32 PM   #55
LGriffith
2004 LJ Wrangler 

I went ahead and just sanded one tab slightly and it looks pretty good. I'll most likely do that than clear coat them. Gave it a nice brushed finish.

Unread 12-25-2009, 02:25 PM   #56
UTWeezul
1998 TJ Wrangler 

That does look nice sanded!
HP30 and 8.8 w/ lockers
UTWeezul is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-25-2009, 03:30 PM   #57
Savvy
Vendor

2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
I went ahead and just sanded one tab slightly and it looks pretty good. I'll most likely do that than clear coat them. Gave it a nice brushed finish.

Nice! You only need to do a little more work and you won't have to coat them at all. A small buffer and polising compound will make those shine like chrome.

Savvy Spartan 2004 LJ

2014 JKU Test Mule

2003 TJ Project Unrolled
Unread 12-25-2009, 03:46 PM   #58
acrijos
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Do you think this adapter will work with your bumper in order to install a Warn 8274?
adapt.jpg  
Unread 12-25-2009, 04:53 PM   #59
LGriffith
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Nice! You only need to do a little more work and you won't have to coat them at all. A small buffer and polising compound will make those shine like chrome.
Unlike you Gerald, I'm not into the chrome!
Unread 12-25-2009, 04:57 PM   #60
Savvy
Vendor

2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Unlike you Gerald, I'm not into the chrome!

Did you check my 03 Build. There is a hint of what is to come!

Savvy Spartan 2004 LJ

2014 JKU Test Mule

2003 TJ Project Unrolled

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.