savvy/Currie 4 inch lift kit - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > savvy/Currie 4 inch lift kit

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineToxic Brakes - 3000 PSI Braided Stainless Steel Brake LineCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 09-06-2012, 06:26 PM   #1
kmacinnis76
2006 TJ Wrangler 

savvy/Currie 4 inch lift kit

Was thinking bout buying the Currie 4 inch lift kit with anti rock sway and adjustable control arms for my tj. Couldn't find any reviews on this kit so was wondering if anyone was running it and their oppinion on it.

kmacinnis76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2012, 06:33 PM   #2
survivor

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmacinnis76 View Post
Was thinking bout buying the Currie 4 inch lift kit with anti rock sway and adjustable control arms for my tj. Couldn't find any reviews on this kit so was wondering if anyone was running it and their oppinion on it.
Last few months ago. I installed 4 currie kit with JJ arms on TJ and My customer was soo happy with his brand new lift. He was bragging about how his jeep's flex at Bronco Peak. He mention about the riding comfort was so great. Hope this helps.
survivor is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2012, 06:35 PM   #3
kmacinnis76
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks I wanna do things right on this tj I might go with as much savvy/ Currie parts as I can. Just gotta save up
Unread 09-06-2012, 06:36 PM   #4
RubiconRazorbac
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmacinnis76
Couldn't find any reviews on this kit so was wondering if anyone was running it and their oppinion on it.
You didn't even think about looking then.
My build thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/ru...thread-792423/
RubiconRazorbac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2012, 06:38 PM   #5
kmacinnis76
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I looked in the reviews on the forum all I found was the jjs not the whole kit
Unread 09-06-2012, 06:41 PM   #6
calsouthjeep
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by survivor View Post
Last few months ago. I installed 4 currie kit with JJ arms on TJ and My customer was soo happy with his brand new lift. He was bragging about how his jeep's flex at Bronco Peak. He mention about the riding comfort was so great. Hope this helps.
check the san diego thread in wheeling neighborhoods
calsouthjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2012, 07:37 PM   #7
biffgnar
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmacinnis76 View Post
Did you try the search function? Isn't there a thread with a few hundred posts about it? The Savvy/Currie 3 or 4" lifts may get talked about more than the RC lifts these days.
Unread 09-06-2012, 08:16 PM   #8
RubiconRazorbac
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmacinnis76
Just giving you crap

Very high quality off-the-shelf suspension. Gets very good reviews. Pair it up with some good shocks & you're golden
My build thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/ru...thread-792423/
RubiconRazorbac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2012, 09:13 PM   #9
StupendousMan

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Let me give you a small review (think I have done this already but??) I have own several jeeps (yj and now my tj) As soon as I got my TJ I lifted it. Not knowing much about lifts (ok ok nothing about jeeps) I went with what some of my friends told me was a cheap lift (rc 3.25) My thought process was, "hey all I need it to do is put the thing up in the air so I can go over stuff" Well after installing the lift at a buddies house (mind you first time ever touching the suspension on a jeep) it took about 13-14 hours!

Ride quality was horrible I upgraded to there 2.0 shocks and I thought my fillings were going to pop out. Even the wife said my jeep sucked and hurt her neck (true story) so after riding in a friends jeep with the savvy/currie lift I was sold. The thing rode like a very well tuned SUV. (remember it is a jeep not a 76 caddy) So for x-mas my wife contacted blaine he directed her on what to get me. (best wife) After installing and going from RC to savvy WOW what a difference. Just as smooth as the jeep I drove and it was just night and day!

I can't comment on the flex as I didn't take/measure before and after but would be surprised if it didn't improve. The anti-rock is a blast to drive and want to get it for the rear someday (on the long list of stuff) So save your money for the currie if you are the one to replace with better, it will save you money (coming from a guy who knows and has done it). But the one/cheapest thing I did that was the best for my jeep was the black magic brakes. Safety on and off road is paramount and stopping is essential! I want the Vanco some day but till then BMB's!
StupendousMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2012, 12:24 AM   #10
Pete3
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I run savvy/currie suspension as well and my jeep is a joy to drive. Very smooth and soft but still tight and hard!
Upgraded steering helps as well, I have zero give in my linkage.
Pete3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2012, 08:36 AM   #11
survivor

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by calsouthjeep View Post
check the san diego thread in wheeling neighborhoods
Sure, I will do that.
survivor is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2013, 03:47 PM   #12
labbayk
2012 JK Wrangler 

I just picked up a currie 4 in lift for my JK and none of my friends have this set up. I also had a hard time finding reviews for it. I follow KOH and I've read about this brand's reliable and superior quality right off the shelf so I'm excited to see how this sits over my current 2.5 Teraflex set up.
and when you wanted blood i cut my veins
and when you wanted love i bled myself again [/FONT]

[FONT="Arial Narrow"][B]then a vision came to me
when you came along
i gave you everything but then you wanted more[/B]
[/FONT]
I am a slave to grunge \m/
labbayk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2013, 04:33 PM   #13
MrKing
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I had the BDS 3" lift on my 04 TJ until it was totaled in September. I thought it was a great kit......until I bought my 06 LJ and installed the 4" Currie with the Antirock. It's like night and day. WAY more controlled flex with the antirock, the control arms and the Johnny Joints are silent. I pair the lift with Bilstein 5200's and couldn't be happier. Buy it, you won't regret it.

Here's a picture of mine with the 4" lift.

MrKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2013, 04:36 PM   #14
danielbuck
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I've basically got the Savvy 4" lift, I have all the same parts, but I didn't put it on as a kit, I slowly built it up over time. I'm running the Savvy Fox shocks.

I like it, rides good on the road, and does good offroad, flexes very good. I've not ridden in many other TJ jeeps, but I'm perfectly happy with the setup
Unread 04-18-2013, 10:04 PM   #15
ejg
1998 TJ Wrangler 

This is 4" currie with JJ.
I removed the anti rock, this is with JKS disco.
fl.jpg  
ejg is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.