For the Savvy amongst us - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > For the Savvy amongst us

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all ECGS Black Friday Sale!!6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!

Unread 12-20-2009, 08:49 AM   #16
LGriffith
2004 LJ Wrangler 

I believe mine is in the mail and should be here sometime next week? I gope to have my bumper on christmas night or the day after. I'll post up when it happens. Thanks again to the guys at Savvy for being extremely helpful and great to do business with.

And who's yellow LJ is that? Cool rig...

Unread 12-20-2009, 08:50 AM   #17
mrblaine
Wizard of Brakes

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by biffgnar View Post
I hope that "like product" is going to be a Savvy dual rate swaybar. Holding off on a Swayloc in anticipation of that.
It's actually in development right now. It's a bit easier to work on that one because our normal resources are maxed out and this project is being done at another shop albeit long distance, so it will be a bit slower.
Unread 12-20-2009, 08:51 AM   #18
mrblaine
Wizard of Brakes

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGriffith View Post
I believe mine is in the mail and should be here sometime next week? I gope to have my bumper on christmas night or the day after. I'll post up when it happens. Thanks again to the guys at Savvy for being extremely helpful and great to do business with.

And who's yellow LJ is that? Cool rig...
You never know what's gonna show up in my driveway, do ya? That rig belongs to one of the owners of Crawl magazine and we're building some steering for it.
Unread 12-20-2009, 08:54 AM   #19
LGriffith
2004 LJ Wrangler 

That's what I had thought. Great rig, hopefully one day I can get my LJ built like that one.
Unread 12-20-2009, 09:13 AM   #20
alvinl
1998 TJ Wrangler 

That's a nice clean design. Great work gentlemen!

http://www.venemousduckracing.com
alvinl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-20-2009, 09:16 AM   #21
Border Dave
Got Sand?

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by biffgnar View Post
I hope that "like product" is going to be a Savvy dual rate swaybar. Holding off on a Swayloc in anticipation of that.
Yeah, me too.

http://www.clavicle3.com

http://www.jeepwest.com
Border Dave is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-20-2009, 09:22 AM   #22
F9K9
Semper Fi!

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Wait a minute, I was all bummed out that the bumper wouldn't work for me because of how the Warn 8274 mounts with the feet forward. The plate mounts in all the stock holes so, is there any reason why I couldn't just mount the Warn plate on top of the bumper?

'03 Rubicon w/a few changes.
F9K9 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-20-2009, 09:24 AM   #23
UTWeezul
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubiconRazorbac View Post
Very nice indeed.

The list keeps getting longer and the wallet keeps getting lighter...
But so will you Jeep!
HP30 and 8.8 w/ lockers
UTWeezul is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-20-2009, 09:25 AM   #24
mrblaine
Wizard of Brakes

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Border Dave View Post
Yeah, me too.
Well, it's on it's way. Things got off to a slower start due to an issue I never considered. Essentially, I designed the latch to go with my concept of a dual rate bar. Whilst browsing the 'net one day, I stumbled upon a patent with drawings that had been granted to another company besides ORO.

In a nutshell, what it looks like is someone took a pic of the ORO set up, made a drawing of it and then got it patented and the wording of the patent precludes any use of my sliding latch design. So now I can't ethically use a design I developed so I'm developing another method similar to a locking clutch.
Unread 12-20-2009, 09:29 AM   #25
Dogman
1997 TJ Wrangler 

That is so sweet...

I was curious how the backside looked after seeing pics of the recovery tabs. I guess the it's all about the way the load is applied? I thought there may be some kind of backing plate.
Unread 12-20-2009, 09:30 AM   #26
never monday
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
Well, it's on it's way. Things got off to a slower start due to an issue I never considered. Essentially, I designed the latch to go with my concept of a dual rate bar. Whilst browsing the 'net one day, I stumbled upon a patent with drawings that had been granted to another company besides ORO.

In a nutshell, what it looks like is someone took a pic of the ORO set up, made a drawing of it and then got it patented and the wording of the patent precludes any use of my sliding latch design. So now I can't ethically use a design I developed so I'm developing another method similar to a locking clutch.
Are you saying someone stole your idea and pattened it after it was on the market?
Unread 12-20-2009, 09:40 AM   #27
Stu Olson
Web Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Looks very nice, Blaine. Congrats on another sure winner!
Stu Olson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-20-2009, 09:49 AM   #28
mrblaine
Wizard of Brakes

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by robncar View Post
I had wondered about how that would be handled. Nice job and congrats!
While I'm not a fan of the stock swaybar purely because if you run it and go offroad, you disconnect it and that's not really very conducive to performance of your rig offroad, I do recognize that not every rig grows at the same rate.

We always strive for a mechanism for folks to take advantage of our products in the short term and as their rig matures and skill levels increase, the products will be able to grow with them.

As with the tank skid that lets you raise it up later when you figure out the value of a body lift, the winch can be mounted with the stock swaybar even though I much prefer it slid back to keep the fairlead out of the rocks and whatnot.
Unread 12-20-2009, 09:52 AM   #29
mrblaine
Wizard of Brakes

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by F9K9 View Post
Wait a minute, I was all bummed out that the bumper wouldn't work for me because of how the Warn 8274 mounts with the feet forward. The plate mounts in all the stock holes so, is there any reason why I couldn't just mount the Warn plate on top of the bumper?

You could, but I suspect you'd have to remove the down turned flange across the back and then bolt it to the bumper across the back to to achieve the same resistance to deflection.
Unread 12-20-2009, 10:02 AM   #30
TennTJ00
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Any plans for an optional hoop or stinger?
TennTJ00 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
aluminum , bumper , fairlead , front bumper , savvy , savvy front bumper , winch bumper

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.