Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
266K views 3K replies 227 participants last post by  Holaday 
#1 ·

They do exist and this is the first install from the production run.

See less See more
#2 ·
:drool: I can't wait!! Beautiful work, Blaine.

#8 ·
Really are u serious? That bumper is nasty :). I love the work put into that bumper looks amazing supose I will have to place some forsale ads on mine in the future to become a bit more savvy!

#12 ·
First installation of a production Savvy front bumper 19.8 lbs as pictured. That's almost a pound lighter than stock!

Cool thing: The winch deck has two positions. One for stock sway bar as shown and one further back (to protect the fairlead) when used with a Currie Antirock or like product.

Here you can see both mounting positions

#13 ·
First installation of a product Savvy front bumper 19.8 lbs as pictured. That's almost a pound light than stock!

Cool thing: The winch deck has two positions. One for stock sway bar as shown and one further back (to protect the fairlead) when used with a Currie Antirock or like product.

Here you can see both mounting positions
I had wondered about how that would be handled. Nice job and congrats! :2thumbsup:

#16 ·
I believe mine is in the mail and should be here sometime next week? I gope to have my bumper on christmas night or the day after. I'll post up when it happens. Thanks again to the guys at Savvy for being extremely helpful and great to do business with. :cheers2:

And who's yellow LJ is that? Cool rig...

#22 ·
Wait a minute, I was all bummed out that the bumper wouldn't work for me because of how the Warn 8274 mounts with the feet forward. The plate mounts in all the stock holes so, is there any reason why I couldn't just mount the Warn plate on top of the bumper?

#29 ·
You could, but I suspect you'd have to remove the down turned flange across the back and then bolt it to the bumper across the back to to achieve the same resistance to deflection.

#46 ·
Nice! In looking at the inside of that new bumper, I can't even imagine its manufacturing process. Nice design Blaine & Gerald for sure.
blaine,

Whether people agree on the benefits of running aluminum or not, these products have top notch craftsmanship. They are also listed at an unbelievably low price for what you are getting. I may just be ordering a set of blank corners for my build. Hell, I'll at least save on shipping cost:p

I wish savvy great success in the future.

Marcus

#36 ·
When can we buy one!?! Sorry if this may sound dumb, but I'm assuming you still need a winch plate...or does the winch bolt to the bumper?

#38 ·
The bumper and fairlead mount form a winch deck when bolted together. I designed it to be a unitized structure and you have to run the fairlead mount if you run a normal foot down winch.

#40 ·
And I'll let you know the weight difference between this and my current stock bumper and Warn mounting plate.

I'm also not painting/coating the bumper, so I'll post up in a few years and show people that the winter road treatments won't do much to the appearance (as it hasn't on the aluminum gas tank skid I've already had for 3 years).

#53 ·
Definitely interested in this post.

Do you daily drive it? If so, how many miles per year? How much of this is during the winter? Are you truly driving nearly every day in the snow belt of Colorado where they use salt, MgCl, etc? Please post pics of the rest of your frame for reference. Thanks.

I really don't want to paint the Savvy sliders and tank skid if I could get away with it - they are works of art. But, I don't want to end up with dust after a few years.

#56 ·
That's a tough one. If I make the wings wider, the leverage against them becomes greater if you tag the outer corner and then I have to substantially beef them up. They are short to keep the strength up and the profile low.

If you're asking because you run in the woods, am I to assume you want them wider to smack into trees with?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.