Saving up for a lift. Suggestions? - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Saving up for a lift. Suggestions?

ECGS Black Friday Sale!!6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!50 in light bar /A pillar mount less than 500 at JeepHut.c

Unread 10-20-2012, 05:54 PM   #46
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffro06 View Post
I went with the Old Man Emu HD 2" lift, and ran 32's without a problem, on stock control arms, steering and drive shafts. I did add the Currie Antirock front sway bar at the same time as the lift. It's a very good lift, ride quality is great, despite it not being Currie. I have since added Rokmen control arms, but it wasn't because I needed them, it was because I wanted them....again, not Currie.
Quit being silly Jeff...you have Currie parts where it matters. OME 2.5" springs are well known to kick ***.

Imped is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-21-2012, 07:26 AM   #47
Stickzz
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imped View Post
Quit being silly Jeff...you have Currie parts where it matters. OME 2.5" springs are well known to kick ***.
Liking the fact that everyone says that about OME, lol.
Stickzz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-21-2012, 08:03 AM   #48
dgi
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I've been planning on doing a lift to my TJ for quite some time... other projects and interestes have always gotten in the way. I've always planned on going with OME from DPG since its all I need. Since i've made my choice on kit, other companies (Currie) have come out with arguably better kits, but my needs are still the same. Should I pay more for a "better" kit that does more than I need? Or just save my $$$ and put it in other areas that I need... I'll be ordering from Dirk when the time is right.
dgi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-21-2012, 09:23 AM   #49
4wdjeepguy
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Just run Currie links and throw the OME coils in there. Worth every penny.
4wdjeepguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-21-2012, 10:50 AM   #50
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I do have Currie steering components, that's true. But my suspension is Rokmen and OME, except for the Antirock.

As much as I like Currie, I won't say it's them or nothing, when it comes to suspension components.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-21-2012, 12:27 PM   #51
4wdjeepguy
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Rokmen aka Currie
4wdjeepguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-21-2012, 12:38 PM   #52
GMBNT42
Web Wheeler
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by unlrubicon05 View Post
Rokmen aka Currie
Don't the specific Currie mfg'd control arms have one big flaw in them being not being able to adjust short or long enough? I thought I read somewhere that they have an issue with that, when needing to dial in the axle pinion angle.......maybe someone could clarify?
GMBNT42 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-21-2012, 12:49 PM   #53
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffro06 View Post
I do have Currie steering components, that's true. But my suspension is Rokmen and OME, except for the Antirock.

As much as I like Currie, I won't say it's them or nothing, when it comes to suspension components.
Dude, you have JJ's....you have Currie parts where it matters. You won't find anyone saying that the actual Currie arms are superior to Rokmen arms. They're identical where it matters except that Rokmen uses thicker tubing.
Imped is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-21-2012, 01:02 PM   #54
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Dude, you have JJ's....you have Currie parts where it matters.
Technicalities...

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-21-2012, 01:44 PM   #55
biffgnar
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMBNT42

Don't the specific Currie mfg'd control arms have one big flaw in them being not being able to adjust short or long enough? I thought I read somewhere that they have an issue with that, when needing to dial in the axle pinion angle.......maybe someone could clarify?
You've been reading old posts. A couple years since they addressed that.
Unread 10-21-2012, 01:48 PM   #56
GMBNT42
Web Wheeler
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by biffgnar View Post
You've been reading old posts. A couple years since they addressed that.
Ah, OK, gotcha.......so the current Currie branded arms are fine and fully adjust like all the other top tier brands then. Good to know.
GMBNT42 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
lift , tj

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.