Sanity check:Low Center of Gravity Build Plan - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Sanity check:Low Center of Gravity Build Plan

USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 07-21-2010, 04:48 PM   #31
UncleWilson

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeskier93 View Post
That sucks, I don't know what the laws are here in Colorado, but I do know the cops don't give a crap. If they cared they would be pulling over every other Jeep they saw. Plus I've been driving around without bumpers, flairs, or tailgate for a couple months know why I repaint my Jeep and I haven't gotten pulled over.

Are there laws where you live about fenders or about the flairs? I ask only because the metalcloak fenders have options for 4 or 6 inch flairs. But for the fenders and flairs it is pricy.
I live in MI, but travel to MN where they require full tire width coverage. So I think as long as I could flare it wide enough I'm good. I'm really only there for 2 weeks out of the year but don't need the attention from the fuzz.

www.stu-offroad.com
TJ Alignment Videos
Currie Control Arms Install Tips
Off Road Tips Techniques

o[__Q_]o
(OIIIIIO)
[]==O==[]
UncleWilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2010, 05:27 PM   #32
freeskier93
Web Wheeler

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWilson View Post
I live in MI, but travel to MN where they require full tire width coverage. So I think as long as I could flare it wide enough I'm good. I'm really only there for 2 weeks out of the year but don't need the attention from the fuzz.
Gotcha' .

But when you can I would highly suggest Metalcloaks because you can fit 37s under there with only 3 inches of lift.
freeskier93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2010, 05:31 PM   #33
kuruma
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Uncle Wilson: When you get this one decided on in its entirety, post it up. I'm in this process as well so all this is great info for me. I thought anything under 4 inches was considered LCG myself, but hey, what do I know?
kuruma is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2010, 05:33 PM   #34
never monday
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuruma View Post
Uncle Wilson: When you get this one decided on in its entirety, post it up. I'm in this process as well so all this is great info for me. I thought anything under 4 inches was considered LCG myself, but hey, what do I know?
less than 1" of lift for every inch of tire size over 30" 's
Unread 07-21-2010, 05:46 PM   #35
jeepinmichguy_
I haz ah Geep

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by never monday View Post
less than 1" of lift for every inch of tire size over 30" 's
so 8 inches and 39's is lcog now its less than an inch per tire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoogieman View Post
Jeepinmichguy is a jerk.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
How about this, if you had the Jeep Spirit, you wouldn't abuse the rest of us trying to enjoy a nice day out wheeling by bringing your brokeass broken down junkyard crap out to play where it can't handle it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepForum123 View Post
you all have nice rigs, stop being f****** a**holes.
jeepinmichguy_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2010, 05:52 PM   #36
never monday
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepinmichguy_ View Post
so 8 inches and 39's is lcog now its less than an inch per tire.
technically yes
Unread 07-21-2010, 07:10 PM   #37
biffgnar
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I was under the impression that if your vehicle met requirements in the state in which it was registered that you were OK to travel through other states where rules might differ. For instance, I live in the NYC area. I happen to live in NY which has no tire coverage rules, but yet I drive often to places in NJ where I am told they can be pretty picky for vehicles registered there.
Unread 07-21-2010, 07:20 PM   #38
ROLLTIDEtj
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I'm about to start my LCG build. Right now all I have planned is 53" military goodyears, 52" short arm lift, skyjacker skid loweing kit, and a locked dana 35. Am I going to need a drop pitman arm with this? Also, don't worry guys, I've decided to keep the 3" body lift!
2004 Rubicon - 4.0 - 5 speed manual - Rough Country 4" Stage II lift, RC front adjustable track bar, 2.2 shocks, 33x12.5x15 Goodyear MTR with Kevlar on Crager soft 8's, 4 Hella Black Magics, Edge Trail Jammer with Intake, JL TR 2-ways in the pods, Kenwood Excelon deck in the dash, Rough Country Stinger & Winch Plate, Trail Gear rear bumper w/ tire carrier, HiLift, Rock Krawler X Factor Plus Steering
ROLLTIDEtj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2010, 07:48 PM   #39
kuruma
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROLLTIDEtj View Post
I'm about to start my LCG build. Right now all I have planned is 53" military goodyears, 52" short arm lift, skyjacker skid loweing kit, and a locked dana 35. Am I going to need a drop pitman arm with this? Also, don't worry guys, I've decided to keep the 3" body lift!
I don't even know how to respond..........
kuruma is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2010, 08:01 PM   #40
ROLLTIDEtj
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I'm confused...are you saying that ill need a cold air intake to compensate for the loss of power with my 53's?
2004 Rubicon - 4.0 - 5 speed manual - Rough Country 4" Stage II lift, RC front adjustable track bar, 2.2 shocks, 33x12.5x15 Goodyear MTR with Kevlar on Crager soft 8's, 4 Hella Black Magics, Edge Trail Jammer with Intake, JL TR 2-ways in the pods, Kenwood Excelon deck in the dash, Rough Country Stinger & Winch Plate, Trail Gear rear bumper w/ tire carrier, HiLift, Rock Krawler X Factor Plus Steering
ROLLTIDEtj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2010, 08:10 PM   #41
MisfitSeven
MAIL Crawler.

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I'm confused...are you saying that ill need a cold air intake to compensate for the loss of power with my 53's?
no. what you will need is a regear. you will need at least 3.07s.

back on topic though, i have kept my mouth shut just because you seem to have everything thought out just fine already.
Unread 07-22-2010, 06:16 AM   #42
UncleWilson

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisfitSeven View Post
back on topic though, i have kept my mouth shut just because you seem to have everything thought out just fine already.

Any one elses thoughts. Ps- 52's little big for street..

www.stu-offroad.com
TJ Alignment Videos
Off Road Tips Techniques

o[__Q_]o
(OIIIIIO)
[]==O==[]
Unread 07-22-2010, 06:18 AM   #43
UncleWilson

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by biffgnar View Post
I was under the impression that if your vehicle met requirements in the state in which it was registered that you were OK to travel through other states where rules might differ. For instance, I live in the NYC area. I happen to live in NY which has no tire coverage rules, but yet I drive often to places in NJ where I am told they can be pretty picky for vehicles registered there.
Very interesting. I might have to call the DMV and check it out.

www.stu-offroad.com
TJ Alignment Videos
Off Road Tips Techniques

o[__Q_]o
(OIIIIIO)
[]==O==[]
Unread 07-22-2010, 09:11 AM   #44
Unlimited04
This post/info=my opinion

2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Has anyone else heard about the trackbar to different cover clearance issues?
Did you completely miss post #11?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zach06 View Post
If you don't get an aftermarket diff cover for the front you should be okay on clearance with the JKS track bar.
no, you're wrong. the JKS bar (#126) doesn't clear the stock cover either with N66 shocks...needs 2" of bumpstop IIRC.
Unlimited04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2010, 09:38 AM   #45
never monday
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuruma View Post
I don't even know how to respond..........

Tags
build , lcog , ome , rokmen , TJ

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.