Sanity check:Low Center of Gravity Build Plan - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Sanity check:Low Center of Gravity Build Plan

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 07-21-2010, 06:18 AM   #16
UncleWilson

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeskier93 View Post
Tube fenders are a good idea. Metalcloak makes insanely awesome fenders that give you the most clearance you can get without trimming. They are pricey, but they are fully bolt on, come with inner wells and mounting hardware for the battery and intake. Plus you can sell you old fenders for some dough.
Once this becomes a dedicated offroad vehicle i will move to the tube fenders. However until then i travel in and out of states that have those stupid fender laws

www.stu-offroad.com
TJ Alignment Videos
Currie Control Arms Install Tips
Off Road Tips Techniques

o[__Q_]o
(OIIIIIO)
[]==O==[]
UncleWilson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-21-2010, 07:18 AM   #17
Unlimited04
This post/info=my opinion

2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWilson View Post
Okay, I'll switch my TB plan to the Currie TB
add 2" bumpstop extensions up front with that to keep the TB off the diff cover. that will also allow you to run N66L front shocks instead of the N66's.
Unlimited04 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-21-2010, 12:27 PM   #18
rs4race
1997 TJ Wrangler 

If your set on getting an adjustable trackbar then wait until you install it and then see if it hits. I recently have seen a similar setup not hit the trackbar. 2.5" ome lift, jks trackbar, no diff to trackbar hitting. I would however go with the currier or jks as it seems to have the most clearance out of all of the adjustable track bars.

If you stick with the stock trackbar and 2.5" lift you should only be off about .25" which if you go to bigger tires later on will be better. On 35's and 2.5" lift there is nothing really on the passenger side to rub, but driver side you will rub on the steering box bolts. having it offset .25" will help on the drivers side.

Myself personally I dont want to raise mine higher than 2.5" of total lift, but if I was willing to do 3.5 I piece it together. I think 2.5" springs, 1" body lift, relocated shock mounts with 10-12" shocks, outboard the rear shocks, of course get the adjustable arms on there if you want them too.
Unread 07-21-2010, 12:51 PM   #19
ROLLTIDEtj
2004 TJ Wrangler 

In the picture is a link to a set up currie short arms with JJ's. The two arms in the top left corner are the front upper arms and notice how it has the bracket on one end instead of a JJ. This is because of the type of stock mount on the front axle.
Currie Enterprises CJ Axle Parts

In order to have a JJ one each end of the front upper CA you need to buy this kit from currie. You basically cut the top half of the axle bracket off, and this sits down inside and is welded to the bracket. Currie Enterprises CJ Axle Parts

Scroll down the the 7th picture in this thread and you can see the above kit installed on the new axle and the old bracket and rubber bushing on the old axle.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/lo...0-swap-694533/

Thanks for the kind words!
2004 Rubicon - 4.0 - 5 speed manual - Rough Country 4" Stage II lift, RC front adjustable track bar, 2.2 shocks, 33x12.5x15 Goodyear MTR with Kevlar on Crager soft 8's, 4 Hella Black Magics, Edge Trail Jammer with Intake, JL TR 2-ways in the pods, Kenwood Excelon deck in the dash, Rough Country Stinger & Winch Plate, Trail Gear rear bumper w/ tire carrier, HiLift, Rock Krawler X Factor Plus Steering
ROLLTIDEtj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-21-2010, 01:15 PM   #20
UncleWilson

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROLLTIDEtj View Post
In the picture is a link to a set up currie short arms with JJ's. The two arms in the top left corner are the front upper arms and notice how it has the bracket on one end instead of a JJ. This is because of the type of stock mount on the front axle.
Currie Enterprises CJ Axle Parts

In order to have a JJ one each end of the front upper CA you need to buy this kit from currie. You basically cut the top half of the axle bracket off, and this sits down inside and is welded to the bracket. Currie Enterprises CJ Axle Parts

Scroll down the the 7th picture in this thread and you can see the above kit installed on the new axle and the old bracket and rubber bushing on the old axle.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/lo...0-swap-694533/

Thanks for the kind words!
Okay I was confused by your statment earlier then. I knew about the axle mounts but got confused an thought you said the body mount brackets wouldn't accept the JJ's. In the end, I think i've got it and I'd rather ask and get the correct answer, than not and be EFed

www.stu-offroad.com
TJ Alignment Videos
Off Road Tips Techniques

o[__Q_]o
(OIIIIIO)
[]==O==[]
Unread 07-21-2010, 01:30 PM   #21
pdangerp

2004 TJ Wrangler 

why are you looking into a trackbar bracket and an adjustable trackbar in the rear?
pdangerp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-21-2010, 04:02 PM   #22
solarpower
2004 TJ Wrangler 

You want a plan?? Here is a plan..

Get all your armor, springs, shocks and tires.

Put it all on and see what you get for clearance and rubbing on the factory control arms, track bar, fenders etc. etc.

The factory arms will flex and twist better than just about any johnny joint. The binding caused by just about every aftermarket control arm will possibly break the bracket on the axle..very common.

The extra armor will weigh your Jeep down some

Different tires will have different dimensions...33 inches is just a "advertised" size.

Many, many guys put 2" spacers on other wise stock Rubicons and ran 33" inch tires with just slight adjustments to bumpstops til the tires wore out...

and if your doing a tummy tuck AND 2 inches of lift you better budget for a rear drive shaft with a CV joint.
Unread 07-21-2010, 04:11 PM   #23
UncleWilson

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdangerp View Post
why are you looking into a trackbar bracket and an adjustable trackbar in the rear?
The bracket comes with the OME kit. I was just listing all the parts.

www.stu-offroad.com
TJ Alignment Videos
Off Road Tips Techniques

o[__Q_]o
(OIIIIIO)
[]==O==[]
Unread 07-21-2010, 04:17 PM   #24
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by solarpower View Post

Put it all on and see what you get for clearance and rubbing on the factory control arms, track bar, fenders etc. etc.

The factory arms will flex and twist better than just about any johnny joint. The binding caused by just about every aftermarket control arm will possibly break the bracket on the axle..very common.

Different tires will have different dimensions...33 inches is just a "advertised" size.

Many, many guys put 2" spacers on other wise stock Rubicons and ran 33" inch tires with just slight adjustments to bumpstops til the tires wore out...

and if your doing a tummy tuck AND 2 inches of lift you better budget for a rear drive shaft with a CV joint.
I'm sorry but you are soo full of it that crap is coming out of your ears.

If you mean the factory arms bend easier than any aftermarket arm on the market, you're correct.

2006 Jeep Wrangler|BDS|BFGoodrich|Uniden|Upol|HiLift|Cragar| IPF|Alpine|JKS|PoisonSpyder|Truck-lite|Aussie Locker|Novak|Trail Gear|Firestik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson View Post
There are no women on the internet either. Learn that. It's a fact.
-Zach
2006_Sport is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-21-2010, 04:17 PM   #25
never monday
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

how's the mall wheel'n in Toledo?
Unread 07-21-2010, 04:22 PM   #26
freeskier93
Web Wheeler

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Once this becomes a dedicated offroad vehicle i will move to the tube fenders. However until then i travel in and out of states that have those stupid fender laws
That sucks, I don't know what the laws are here in Colorado, but I do know the cops don't give a crap. If they cared they would be pulling over every other Jeep they saw. Plus I've been driving around without bumpers, flairs, or tailgate for a couple months know why I repaint my Jeep and I haven't gotten pulled over.

Are there laws where you live about fenders or about the flairs? I ask only because the metalcloak fenders have options for 4 or 6 inch flairs. But for the fenders and flairs it is pricy.
freeskier93 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-21-2010, 04:32 PM   #27
solarpower
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zach06 View Post
I'm sorry but you are soo full of it that crap is coming out of your ears.

If you mean the factory arms bend easier than any aftermarket arm on the market, you're correct.

The mall is just fine here.
Unread 07-21-2010, 04:34 PM   #28
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

The mall is just fine here.
That flex is soooo masssive bud, pretty good for a STOCK height rig but nothing to drool over. Saying that the stock flimsy stamped steel control arms with bushings on both ends(that WILL bend) flex better than curries with JJs at both ends is just ridiculous. You must be smoking that good **** because you have no clue what you're talking about. You need to do a bit more research.

2006 Jeep Wrangler|BDS|BFGoodrich|Uniden|Upol|HiLift|Cragar| IPF|Alpine|JKS|PoisonSpyder|Truck-lite|Aussie Locker|Novak|Trail Gear|Firestik

Quote:
-Zach
Unread 07-21-2010, 04:41 PM   #29
UncleWilson

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zach06 View Post
That flex is soooo masssive bud, pretty good for a STOCK height rig but nothing to drool over. Saying that the stock flimsy stamped steel control arms with bushings on both ends(that WILL bend) flex better than curries with JJs at both ends is just ridiculous. You need to do a bit more research.
^^^x2

From what I understand the JJ's actually reduce the lateral stress on the CA mounts and in turn on the CA themselves. Has anyone else heard about the trackbar to different cover clearance issues?

www.stu-offroad.com
TJ Alignment Videos
Off Road Tips Techniques

o[__Q_]o
(OIIIIIO)
[]==O==[]
Unread 07-21-2010, 04:45 PM   #30
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
^^^x2

From what I understand the JJ's actually reduce the lateral stress on the CA mounts and in turn on the CA themselves. Has anyone else heard about the trackbar to different cover clearance issues?
Correct, and as far as the track bar issue goes. If you don't get an aftermarket diff cover for the front you should be okay on clearance with the JKS track bar.

Quote:
-Zach

Tags
build , lcog , ome , rokmen , TJ

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.