Rusty's springs - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Rusty's springs

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 08-29-2010, 06:09 PM   #1
JasonByers
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Rusty's springs

I bought a jeep with a 2" ProComp lift installed and the front is lower than the back. I've read this is common with ProComp and I tried to correct it with a 3/4" spacer and it's still lower by a 1/2" or so. I'm going to scrap these springs and the spacers and get some new springs from Rusty's Offroad to level it out. Should I get the 2" springs or the 3"? Thanks ahead for any help guys. Also great site I've been lurking for a couple months and figured I'd best get signed up.

JasonByers is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-29-2010, 06:42 PM   #2
jefro_97tj
1997 TJ Wrangler 

3" Theres a few guys on here running bb rear rustys 3" front.
Unread 08-30-2010, 11:18 AM   #3
carolinatj
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I am running rusty's 3 inch in front and 2 inch rears, with a warn front bumper and winch the jeep sits level
carolinatj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-30-2010, 11:47 AM   #4
Benderff
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

The front is always lower then the back. That is the standard rake. Think about what will happen if anyone sits in the back, or if you have any weight back there.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/my...veled-1081745/
Unread 08-30-2010, 12:28 PM   #5
JasonByers
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks guys. I called Rusty's and Rusty said the the 3" regular duty springs will work and once they settle they will have no rake. I already have a pretty heavy bumper from Warrior and will be adding a winch here before too long. I also plan on herculinering the inside very soon and will probably leave the back seat out for a little more cargo room. We'll see how it turns out, the springs are cheap so If it don't work out it won't break me too bad. Thanks again fellas for the help.
JasonByers is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-30-2010, 03:33 PM   #6
kittyhawk
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I am running Rustys 3" up front and 2" with a 3/4 pacer in the rear and sits nice and level.
I have had them on about 3 years now and they have setteled about 1.25-1.5" all around. The springs paired with the Blistine 5100 are a great combo, the ride is great.
This fall I am going to order there HD 3" rears and put the 3/4 Spacers to the front. Also i'll be putting on adjustable lower control arms and a tummy tuck.

Dave
kittyhawk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
Rusty , offroad , coil , spring , 4"

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.