Rusty's 3" Susp. Lift - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Rusty's 3" Susp. Lift

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 06-29-2007, 11:26 AM   #1
ScottJ83
2007 JK Wrangler 

Rusty's 3" Susp. Lift

Hey all,

just shopping around for lifts from the 3-4" range and Rusty's offroad was mentioned to check out. On my previous jeep i had a 4" lift with nasty vibes but rusty's site states this

"Run 32" or 33" tires on your Wrangler, Rubicon or Unlimited (specify vehicle at checkout)! No vibes, no Slip Yoke Eliminator needed, just bolt in and get aligned."

is this true? does anyone have experience with any of Rusty's lifts?

thanks in advance!

ScottJ83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2007, 11:31 AM   #2
frankiefire702
2006 TJ Wrangler 

There is no way in my opinion they can guarantee no vibes with a 3" lift. Also if you do decide to get this kit do not install the drop pitman arm or you will get bumpsteer.
Unread 06-29-2007, 11:35 AM   #3
masonorion

I run a Rusty's 2" and I 1" BL with 32's and have been happy with it.
I first ran my susp lift alone with 31's and didn't have any vibes.
The ride quality is close to stock.
The only problem I know is that their Basic 3" doesn't come with a
new trac bar. However, this wasn't an issue for me because I only have
the 2".
masonorion is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2007, 11:52 AM   #4
paroxysym
2007 WK 

my buddy did a rustys 4.5" on his xj, no sye or anything. shimmed the rear and did tcase drop- no vibes. the tcase drop that they supply you does allow the use of the stock driveshaft and no sye. may want to upgrade the trackbars. control arms should be fine.
Unread 06-29-2007, 11:57 AM   #5
frankiefire702
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by paroxysym
my buddy did a rustys 4.5" on his xj, no sye or anything. shimmed the rear and did tcase drop- no vibes. the tcase drop that they supply you does allow the use of the stock driveshaft and no sye. may want to upgrade the trackbars. control arms should be fine.
You can't shim the rear of a tj though. Sometimes a tc drop just isn't enough. Each jeep is different.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.