Rusty's 3" Basic lift...have I made a mistake? - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Rusty's 3" Basic lift...have I made a mistake?

CurrieZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wBrand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!

Unread 07-25-2012, 05:19 PM   #31
shayneox
2006 LJ Wrangler 

If you need better instructions , just use rough countrys lift instructions from their website....then side by side read it next to yours , youll find almost all lifts are the same in the instruction area , shocks , springs , swaybar links , all the same....

dont forget the golden rule , PB blast all your nuts and bolts first a week ahead and daily...primarily those upper rear shock bolts....and then go buy 4 new ones anyways just in case.....have the big hammer and drill bits ready in case you break one.....

that is really the only area to be concerned about breaking during removal , unless yours is a rust bucket underneath.

look on the forum about rear upper shock bolt brokenn , what do I do tips.

shayneox is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-25-2012, 05:41 PM   #32
NOjeeper
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shayneox View Post
If you need better instructions , just use rough countrys lift instructions from their website....then side by side read it next to yours , youll find almost all lifts are the same in the instruction area , shocks , springs , swaybar links , all the same....
Ha! The instructions that Rough Country is definitely better!
NOjeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-25-2012, 05:43 PM   #33
NOjeeper
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davetha View Post
They fab a lot of their products. I've had a few things custom made from them, and have never had any issues what so ever. I also had some old expired gift cards, and they allowed me to use them.

Its true, they probably didn't make their shocks, but most of the other products they most likely make in the USA, simply because you can call them up, ask for anything and they'll fab it for you.

Most of the people who flame Rustys is because of their inverted T steering setup which the design alone has issues, and apparently they weren't using the advertised DOM tubing, or something along the lines of that...

Their control arms are pretty heavy duty. However their flex joint quality isn't near the quality of Currie.

Would I buy Rustys products over Rough Country/Skyjacker or any products in that price range? Any day!

Go and install that lift. Its a pretty basic lift, its short arm, nothing is perminant. You'll get a lot of use out of it... Unless of course you sink it in one of those Louisiana bayous or something
I'll try and avoid the bayous but the street flooding may be difficult to avoid...
Unread 07-25-2012, 05:51 PM   #34
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

At least you didn't purchase their control arms. Epic waste of money.

But yeah...Rustys blows big, fat camel nuts.
Imped is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-25-2012, 05:53 PM   #35
cheapjeep06
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imped View Post
Rustys blows big, fat camel nuts.
That, my friend, is most definitely quote worthy

(Tried to add this quote as my sig, copied /pasted to my sig box, won't show up in my posts, though)
cheapjeep06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-25-2012, 06:06 PM   #36
NOjeeper
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOjeeper View Post
Ha! The instructions that Rough Country is definitely better!
see what I meant to say was...the instructions that are posted on Rough Country's website are better.
Unread 07-25-2012, 06:08 PM   #37
IronDuke666
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I have the Rusty's basic 3 inch and love it. jeep flexes great, no sag in the rear, I just don't understand why you guys are so Negative about Rusty's. I ordered everything off of their website and since I'm not an Idiot like most of you naysayers and I knew in advance what I was ordering so there was no confusion, and prevented my self from returning products that I didn't need. Most of You Jeepforum regulars constantly hate on Rusty's because it isn't Currie or JKS or whatever topshelf over priced payforname Jeep crap. To the guy who bought the Rusty's 3 inch Basic kit, don't listen to these internet "WebWheelers" they are full of hot air and lousy advice.

"webwheelesrs" thats all you will ever be.
hc_01.jpg  
IronDuke666 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-25-2012, 06:17 PM   #38
MattJeep
Web Wheeler
2003 WJ 

Not true. A lot of guys run Rough country lifts and BB's. Certainly not the top of the line and they don't seem to get ripped on nearly as much. I like Rustys radiator skidplate but everything else seems to get bad reviews so.
I think we just need to put Imped's quote underneath "Rustys"
MattJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-25-2012, 06:40 PM   #39
MayRoll
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronDuke666 View Post
Most of You Jeepforum regulars constantly hate on Rusty's because it isn't Currie or JKS or whatever topshelf over priced payforname Jeep crap. To the guy who bought the Rusty's 3 inch Basic kit, don't listen to these internet "WebWheelers" they are full of hot air and lousy advice.
If you don't know the difference, then it behooves you to throw your money at whoever has the lowest price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronDuke666 View Post
"webwheelesrs" thats all you will ever be.
Maybe you should consider a suspension that actually does what it is meant to do. Nice picture of a rig that demonstrates worthless flex.
MayRoll is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-25-2012, 06:50 PM   #40
IronDuke666
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MayRoll

If you don't know the difference, then it behooves you to throw your money at whoever has the lowest price.

Maybe you should consider a suspension that actually does what it is meant to do. Nice picture of rig that demonstrates worthless flex.
Like you are an expert on flex. Atleast they aren't using an rti ramp in the Mall parkinglot. Your the expert webwheeler, "MightRoll"
IronDuke666 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-25-2012, 06:54 PM   #41
NOjeeper
2003 TJ Wrangler 

thanks to everyone for their assistance/advice. Now I have to look up how to install MMLs. I know I saw a link on here a while back. Thanks again guys!
Unread 07-25-2012, 06:58 PM   #42
asim04LJ
2004 LJ Wrangler 

RC has instructions for installing a mml I believe.

I forsee a good ol' internet fight in this thread.
asim04LJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-25-2012, 07:01 PM   #43
cheapjeep06
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Forsee? Did you miss the last few posts?

(hey, the sig worked!!!) vvv
Unread 07-25-2012, 07:06 PM   #44
asim04LJ
2004 LJ Wrangler 

The ball is slowly rolling. That's a good sig.
asim04LJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-25-2012, 07:10 PM   #45
cheapjeep06
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by asim04LJ View Post
The ball is slowly rolling. That's a good sig.
I give all the credit to Imped

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.