Rusty Windshield brackets / Faded fender flares - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Rusty Windshield brackets / Faded fender flares

Savvy Aluminum BumpersIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!

Unread 10-17-2011, 06:47 AM   #1
chadridesabike
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Rusty Windshield brackets / Faded fender flares

Album: http://imgur.com/a/rLixN

I was tired of my (very) rusty windshield brackets, and decided I wanted to paint them. From what I read on JF, its easy to break the nuts off the backside when removing the windshield brackets, so I decided to leave them on and paint them.

I started by removing the large rust flakes with a screwdriver, followed by a wire brush. Then I sanded them, preped the Jeep for painting. I did three coats of Rustoleum primer, then 5 coats of black.

Also, between coats of paint, I used a heat gun on those tired old fender flares I have. Great results.

I regret not getting some bondo, but I'm a poor college kid with little in the way of tools. Heres the results:

Last edited by chadridesabike; 10-17-2011 at 07:44 AM.. Reason: Image links broken
chadridesabike is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
faded , paint , rust

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.