Rubicon Express 3.5 or Teraflex 3T??? Which is better? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Rubicon Express 3.5 or Teraflex 3T??? Which is better?

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 02-24-2004, 04:24 PM   #1
blksahara

Rubicon Express 3.5 or Teraflex 3T??? Which is better?

Well, if I don't have any takers on the Jeep (currently it's for sale) in another 2-3 weeks I'm probably going to keep her. In which case I'm going to upgrade to a new lift and a new wheel/tire combo. My question is which of those two lifts (RE 3.5 or Tera 3T) would most recommend? My rig is 95% street driven. So I'm looking for some fairly good on-road manners. Tires will probably be 33x12.50's UNLESS I can get away w/ 32x11.50's (which I'd like to get) w/o too much of a gap. Price wise the two seem to be pretty close. Any recommendations?

blksahara is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-24-2004, 04:26 PM   #2
blksahara

BTW, I'm referring to both the "standard" lift kits.
blksahara is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-24-2004, 04:56 PM   #3
zzquik

RE all the way!! talk to redrock4x4 and get the jeepforum discount! he has great service and everything..i get all my stuff from him and he does a great job!
[COLOR=navy]Blue Jeep Club Member #68[/COLOR]
02' X
RE 3.5" SL
RE Trac-Bar
DT-3000's
33" BFG AT's
AR Pythons
K&N
Jeeperman Front Bumper
$3.73's$
zzquik is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-24-2004, 05:12 PM   #4
Jay-Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzquik
RE all the way!! talk to redrock4x4 and get the jeepforum discount! he has great service and everything..i get all my stuff from him and he does a great job!
I'm interested in the same combo and was wondering whats the advantage and disadvantage of getting the the "long arm kit" And what does the longer ams do? I thought they would allow for more movement but im new to wheelin so help me out with a little advice. thanks any opinions appreciated..
Jay-Mac is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-24-2004, 06:06 PM   #5
Markus

Tera vs RE

Depends on the ride quality you're looking for.

Tera coils are softer, more supple, and in my opinion more suited to onroad driven Jeeps. I run a Tera 3T (with all RE control arms) and OME shocks and I like the ride onroad. Offroad it's a bit too soft for my taste. Tera coils have a reputation for settling and then sagging sooner than will RE coils.

RE coils are more firm and deliver a comparatively harsher - but still very acceptable - ride onroad (at least when mated to DT3000 shocks). Offroad they outperform Tera coils by providing a more stable stance.

You'll be able to run 33x12.5R15s with either lift, but will probably rub under articulation with both. Especially after 2-3 months when the coils settle.

Incidentally, I'm probably going with RE (or perhaps OME) 4.5" coils when I lift again this spring to accomodate 35s. But then I perfer a firmer ride both on and off road. The choice is yours.

[URL=www.truro-offroad.com]TRURO OFFROAD[/URL]
Markus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.