Rubicon Axles..... - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Rubicon Axles.....

Bill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.comFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 08-12-2010, 09:49 AM   #31
rideraa
2000 TJ Wrangler 

They say the rear locker is a bit weak due to the LSD .. I usally wheel with the rear locked as from what I have learned is it is most vulnerable when open. The common recomendation is to replace the rear locker with a rubi front locker and give up the LSD ...

I guess if mine breaks I might go to ARB ...

Unread 08-12-2010, 11:18 AM   #32
mjonesjr
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Oh yea, the 4.10's will be a HUGE difference over the stock gearing. It was capable and fun with the stock gearing. I bet it would be a beast with the 4.10's and the lockers. There was a few times when we took it out the first time that a locker would have helped a lot.

What are the 30 & 35's worth? They are in good shape.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rideraa View Post
They say the rear locker is a bit weak due to the LSD .. I usally wheel with the rear locked as from what I have learned is it is most vulnerable when open. The common recomendation is to replace the rear locker with a rubi front locker and give up the LSD ...

I guess if mine breaks I might go to ARB ...
I wont be off road with the locker unlocked.
mjonesjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2010, 01:43 PM   #33
rideraa
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I don't know, I sold mine cheap to a friend, like $100 for both ... I keep the front calipers.

I saw on another board someone wanted $300 for a complete rear and another poster thought that was not to bad ... I would think the front 30 would be worth less. $200 to $400 range for the pair (30-35 @ 3.07, open) maybe.

If you hear any squeaking out of those front outter "U" joints change them asap ... I busted both sides pretty quickly, both after a day of wheelin.
It was like the next time I stressed them a couple days later. Seems like after you beat on them some the caps move a bit and next time they get pushed they pop out Both did not break the same day but weeks apart. They did squeak though when wet so they warned me, . I was runnin 35's

I ended up with RCV's front shafts yowee ($) those shafts do wheel smooth

Last edited by rideraa; 08-12-2010 at 01:55 PM..
rideraa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2010, 01:45 PM   #34
mjonesjr
1998 XJ Cherokee 

I will probably offer them up for $300 for the pair. I don't see why they are not worth that. Shoot, I could probably get that much in scrap for them.

Thanks for the info on the u-joints. I will keep my ears open for the squeek.
mjonesjr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
axle , swap , rubicon , d44 , dana 44 , locker , tj , wrangler

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.