Rubicon Axles..... - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Rubicon Axles.....

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineOld Man Emu WK Lift - Black Friday Special!!The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!

Unread 08-12-2010, 10:49 AM   #31
rideraa
2000 TJ Wrangler 

They say the rear locker is a bit weak due to the LSD .. I usally wheel with the rear locked as from what I have learned is it is most vulnerable when open. The common recomendation is to replace the rear locker with a rubi front locker and give up the LSD ...

I guess if mine breaks I might go to ARB ...

Unread 08-12-2010, 12:18 PM   #32
mjonesjr
1998 ZJ 

Oh yea, the 4.10's will be a HUGE difference over the stock gearing. It was capable and fun with the stock gearing. I bet it would be a beast with the 4.10's and the lockers. There was a few times when we took it out the first time that a locker would have helped a lot.

What are the 30 & 35's worth? They are in good shape.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rideraa View Post
They say the rear locker is a bit weak due to the LSD .. I usally wheel with the rear locked as from what I have learned is it is most vulnerable when open. The common recomendation is to replace the rear locker with a rubi front locker and give up the LSD ...

I guess if mine breaks I might go to ARB ...
I wont be off road with the locker unlocked.
mjonesjr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-12-2010, 02:43 PM   #33
rideraa
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I don't know, I sold mine cheap to a friend, like $100 for both ... I keep the front calipers.

I saw on another board someone wanted $300 for a complete rear and another poster thought that was not to bad ... I would think the front 30 would be worth less. $200 to $400 range for the pair (30-35 @ 3.07, open) maybe.

If you hear any squeaking out of those front outter "U" joints change them asap ... I busted both sides pretty quickly, both after a day of wheelin.
It was like the next time I stressed them a couple days later. Seems like after you beat on them some the caps move a bit and next time they get pushed they pop out Both did not break the same day but weeks apart. They did squeak though when wet so they warned me, . I was runnin 35's

I ended up with RCV's front shafts yowee ($) those shafts do wheel smooth

Last edited by rideraa; 08-12-2010 at 02:55 PM..
rideraa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-12-2010, 02:45 PM   #34
mjonesjr
1998 ZJ 

I will probably offer them up for $300 for the pair. I don't see why they are not worth that. Shoot, I could probably get that much in scrap for them.

Thanks for the info on the u-joints. I will keep my ears open for the squeek.
mjonesjr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
axle , swap , rubicon , d44 , dana 44 , locker , tj , wrangler

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.