Rubicon air locker pump install - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Rubicon air locker pump install

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 09-24-2006, 05:03 PM   #1
tjrunner

Rubicon air locker pump install

Does anyone have any info on how to wire up a Rubicon air locker actuator pump. I have done many searches around the web and can't find anything on this subject. No write ups or tech articles.

I just swapped in a Rubicon D44 with the factory locker into the TJ. Now I'm ready to wire up the air actuator pump but don't know enough about wiring to do so blind.

The Rubicon's switches run through the computer and some relays. I was pretty much wanting to bypass these to make it similar to the ARB set-up.

Any help or good links would be greatly appreciated!

tjrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2006, 09:24 PM   #2
Snake Man
43 Years with Jeeps

I can attach to email the pages out of the tech manual (4) that refer to the air locker.
RC
Snake Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2006, 03:51 AM   #3
tjrunner

That would be more info than I currently have! Thanks!

ebaker@consolidated.net
Rubicon 44 front w/factory air locker
8.8 rear w/full Detroit
5.13 gears, SYE, etc, etc, etc..........
Unread 09-26-2006, 04:46 AM   #4
tjrunner

Thanks a million crcofone! That helped big time! I will have it going by this weekend.

Thanks again!
Rubicon 44 front w/factory air locker
8.8 rear w/full Detroit
5.13 gears, SYE, etc, etc, etc..........
Unread 09-03-2007, 08:02 PM   #5
msavard
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake Man
I can attach to email the pages out of the tech manual (4) that refer to the air locker.
RC

ANY chance I could get a copy of this as well? Got my D44 installed but trying to get the locker wired up.

matt_savard@yahoo.com

Thanks in advance!
4.0L Auto 35" Maxxis Bighorns D30/D44 w 4.88 Gears 2.5" OME LJ/XJ lift JKS Trackbars Brown Dog MML 1" BL Warn Engine Skid Aussie Locker (FR) / Rubi Air Locker (REAR) SYE/CV Nth Adj Control Arms Bestop Oversize Tire Carrier PSC Rocker Knockers ORO Swayloc TNT Tube Fenders

MIDSOUTH JEEP CLUB > Jeepers from TN, AR, MS, and KY
msavard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2007, 05:33 AM   #6
V-8unlimited
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjrunner
Thanks a million crcofone! That helped big time! I will have it going by this weekend.

Thanks again!

Any chance of just shooting power to each pump via incab switch to lock the diff? I just ordered the pumps from the jeep dealer, so this is of interest to me also.
V-8unlimited is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2007, 08:20 AM   #7
zman
1995 YJ Wrangler 

You just need to hook the pump up to a switch and turn it on, its low current so no relay needed. You don't need to use the two wires on the pumpkin, as they only tell you that the locker is in the lock position (internal switch). I guess you could hook a indicator lamp to the diff to "see" if the diff is locked or not, but its really not needed.
Unread 04-19-2010, 10:45 AM   #8
Seahunt32
1997 TJ Wrangler 

locker pump

Any ideas where I can find this pump? I'm trying the same thing as many on this thread... put the stock Dana 44 front axle in my TJ and want to get the lockers working.
Seahunt32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2014, 12:11 PM   #9
snotpuller
2003 TJ Wrangler 

dana 44 air pump install

Can someone email me the schematics on how to hook these up please? Corey.lecompte@gmail.com
snotpuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2014, 01:44 PM   #10
jeepinhokie
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

this is how I wired mine.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/h...l#post15431117

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepinhokie View Post
I put together the wiring diagram for my locker pumps and switches. i'm sure there are other possibilities, but this is the method I used.

one note about the switches... the blue lower light is a little bright at night, you might talk with the OTRATTW guys about using their 18V switches as they claim the lights are 1/3 dimmer than thw 12V switches. I may put a resistor in the dash wiring lights to dim them a little. Ill have to do some reseach about the particulars of resistors, but I understand the general principles...

as you may have noticed i have a 4th switch for my windshield lights. The wiring for the lights was already present, but I did add the dash light circuit into that switch (pins 6&7). if/when i get a 5th switch ill continue to add onto that circuit.

The lockers pull something like .5 Amps each, so there is no concern about adding them onto the cigarette lighter circuit.

I will be adding another circuit to use the dash locker lights to indicate when the lockers are acutally locked. Ill draw up a wiring diagram for that when I finalize the wiring and ensure everthing works.

Hope this helps...

A Hokie build

check out my jeepin videos!
jeepinhokie is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.