Rubbing with 3 inch Lift, possible solutions? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Rubbing with 3 inch Lift, possible solutions?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 06-02-2012, 01:52 PM   #16
Krytos
2006 LJ Wrangler 

One washer was all it took, no more rubbing.

Thanks for all the help.

Unread 06-23-2012, 03:19 AM   #17
Krytos
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unlimited04 View Post
make sure you do your homework on the clearance issues. you will need appropriate bumpstop extensions or you'll be bashing your track bar into the diff cover or tie-rod.
Ok, so I read through the 80 Page adjustable track bar thread and have some questions and a tentative plan.

Like I mentioned before, I have a 3inch Zone lift with a front Dana 30 with the stock diff cover, no armor or anything. The stock track bar is moved over in a newly drilled hole.

My plan is to run a CE-9120TJJ in the original hole (with the second, newer hole welded over).

Will I still have to run 2 inches of bump stop with the above proposed setup?
Unread 06-23-2012, 06:44 AM   #18
rda616
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krytos

Ok, so I read through the 80 Page adjustable track bar thread and have some questions and a tentative plan.

Like I mentioned before, I have a 3inch Zone lift with a front Dana 30 with the stock diff cover, no armor or anything. The stock track bar is moved over in a newly drilled hole.

My plan is to run a CE-9120TJJ in the original hole (with the second, newer hole welded over).

Yes is the short answer. If you have already moved the mounting point and recentered the axle you don't really need an adjustable unless you are binding the stock track bar.
rda616 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-23-2012, 06:47 AM   #19
Unlimited04
This post/info=my opinion

2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krytos View Post
That is a good plan

Here's a write-up on reinforcing the bracket: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/br...racket-905624/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krytos View Post
Yes, using the stock diff cover or a Barnett/T&J cover. Other covers will be worse.
Unlimited04 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-23-2012, 12:20 PM   #20
Krytos
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Follow up, If I keep the stock track bar on the new location with a reinforced hole, I still run the 2 inch bump stop extensions, right?
Unread 06-23-2012, 12:36 PM   #21
rda616
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krytos
Follow up, If I keep the stock track bar on the new location with a reinforced hole, I still run the 2 inch bump stop extensions, right?
You need to follow the link in unlimited04's sig on how to properly set your bump stop extensions. There is no way of knowing what the minimum size you can use will be without test fitting per the writeup in the link.
rda616 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
33s , adjustable track bar , rubbing , track bar , zone 3" lift

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.