The round Tail lights question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > The round Tail lights question

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 07-11-2010, 02:29 PM   #1
Zeusismyonlygod
2001 TJ Wrangler 

The round Tail lights question

I have stock tail lights now and I want to put a pair of those round tail lights but I don't get it. Do I have to replace the back body piece on the jeep or doest it just hook right up on the back where the stock lights where.

Here is a URL to the ones I want to buy.

Jeep Wrangler TJ CJ YJ CJ5 LED Tail Lights CLEAR LENS: eBay Motors (item 300442984741 end time Jul-12-10 21:20:26 PDT)

Zeusismyonlygod is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2010, 02:33 PM   #2
PurpleTJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Not exactly sure what you're asking, but im pretty sure you have to cut holes in the body for those lights.

The ORO lite dots do not require cutting or drilling.
Northridge4x4 Jeep Parts: Taillights
Quote:
Originally Posted by solarpower View Post
Get a good tummy tuck with engine skid and treat it like a pimp does a crack whore.
Purple Jeep Club member #8

My Purple People Eater Build
PurpleTJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2010, 02:34 PM   #3
extsp2
2002 TJ Wrangler 

they look cool, but you should check with your state laws about side marker lights because those lights don't have them. you will also have to do some plate lights and backup lights. i believe to install those you will need to cut a large round hole in the body to mount them. i know there are others that look similar but have the side marker lights and reverse lights. can't remember the name of them but there's quite a few on here that run them.
extsp2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2010, 02:35 PM   #4
extsp2
2002 TJ Wrangler 

i was posting at the same time as purple. those are what i was thinking about, ORO lights. i think they look cool.
extsp2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2010, 02:46 PM   #5
Brew461

Look into the ORO lite dots. Its not the way I went, but they are much easier to install.

Tags
Round , tail lights , LED lights , flush mount lights , cutting body

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.