Round connector under airbag switch? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Round connector under airbag switch?

Labor Day Sale!Clayton Off Road - last day of the Labor Day special!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 02-07-2006, 02:35 PM   #1
greaneyk
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Round connector under airbag switch?

Good afternoon.

Underneath my airbag switch there is an unconnected round electrical connector. I noticed it when I started looking for reasons my airbag light is on. What is this connector, and why is it not connected to anything?

When I turn the passenger airbag off/on the light in the console does not go off or on.

My IP airbag emergency light has been on for a week or so and I'd like to figure this one out. Murray's and my usual mechanic can't pick up a code...

Thanks.

ETA: 2001 Sport

greaneyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2006, 08:26 PM   #2
greaneyk
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I've done some research re: airbags tonight and thought I'd add, in regards to the airbag light, that I was in an accident about 2 weeks ago. My airbags did not deploy and it wasn't long after that the light came on.

Perhaps my airbag sensor is faulty?
Unread 02-07-2006, 09:48 PM   #3
Fool Injected
2001 TJ Wrangler 

My airbag light comes on too every time I drive my Jeep. It wont be on and then all of a sudden a lil buzzer goes off and it lights up. I dont drive the Jeep on the street much so it has not bothered me at all but if there is a quick fix it would be one less thing to ponder as I am picking my approach angles.
Fool Injected is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2006, 10:52 PM   #4
02tjsport
2002 TJ Wrangler 

My light has been on in my 02 since right after warranty ran up. Which is about October 05 i believe. I'm assuming the switch is bad, and i figure those cost alot. I just keep my switch in the off position, that way if it is something faulty it doesn't blow up in my passengers face unexpectedly....hopefully with the switch "off" it wont do that...but then again ya never know....

Everyone who rides with me ask why the airbag light is on...my response is to move their seat back all the way. lol i'll check into it one of these days.
02tjsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2006, 01:57 AM   #5
greaneyk
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I reread my posting and it appears I hijacked my own thread. I'd really like to know about the round electrical connector under the airbag switch. Anybody?
Unread 02-09-2006, 07:37 AM   #6
redvett94

If the cluster air bag light is no the SDM system will not function.
Unread 02-09-2006, 10:13 AM   #7
Milhouse

I'm guessing that you have a manual? If so I would guess that the round connector is for an automatic transmission, which is why it isn't used. Either that or it could also be for the subwoofer that's optional and goes in the center console.
Milhouse is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.