rough country x series review - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > rough country x series review

Labor Day Sale!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 05-08-2009, 08:59 PM   #1
leukus
2000 TJ Wrangler 

rough country x series review

I am ready to pull the trigger on the Rough Counrty X Series with the shock upgrade the the SYE - It is going to cost me like $1600. Can you give me a review if you are running this lift and if it is worth it or not? I want to make sure i will be happy with this??

leukus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2009, 09:09 PM   #2
hyperboarder
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Worth it, take some time to look around this forum, a lot of people are running them.
hyperboarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2009, 10:58 PM   #3
RogueSpear2023
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Make sure you talk to Jeffery at RC and tell him you are a jeep forum member he will give 10% off. As far as the lift it's the one I would get if I had the kind of cash. It's in the plans for the future, but not by the end of the summer when I need new tires, so I am going to go with the 2.5" RC lift for now. The X series in it's price range pretty much can't be beat. Make sure you get the 4" lift, because the 6" lift will require long arms.

2003 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
4.0L, 42RLE, Dual Tops, Full Doors, JKS Front Disconnects, Cragar Soft 8 Black Wheels, 33x12.5x15 Goodyear Duratracs, .75" Front Coil Spacers, Bushwacker 6" Flat Fender Flares, Skid Row Steering Box Skid, LubeLockers, Rubicon Locker Mod, OBA, Cobra 19 Ultra III CB, 3' Firestik, Rough Country 2.2 Steering Stabilizer, RC 1.25" BL, RC 1" MML, RC Grab Handles, Fog Lamp Bent Pin Mod, 4" Apline S Series Speakers, Kenwood Excelon 6.5" Speakers, 6.5" JL Audio 6W3V3 Subwoofer (in center console) w/MTX Thunder 202 amp, IPF H4 Headlight Housing, Sliverstar H4 bulbs.

TJ Tech Boot Camp
TJ Specs

"Buying a jeep and not taking it off road, is like buying a dragster and never taking it to the track"
RogueSpear2023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2009, 11:09 PM   #4
RuffTJ
2000 WJ 

Well worth it. The kit gets great flex and really has a great on road ride with the 2.2 shocks and all adj. arms. You wont be disapointed. The only way you would ever want to upgrade your suspension is if you decide to make the jump to longarms.
RuffTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2009, 11:38 PM   #5
degameth90
2004 TJ Wrangler 

just put the first 500 miles on mine. everything is great. install went well and wasn't too complex. The flex is great and the 2.2 shocks provide a very nice ride on road. Pull the trigger. You wont be disappointed. By far the best performance minded kit for those on a budget.
degameth90 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.