Rough Country LJ lift - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Rough Country LJ lift

The ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits WJ Modular Recovery & Bull Bar Relocation Packages

Unread 06-04-2013, 09:44 AM   #1
UnlimitedJP
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Rough Country LJ lift

So I've had my jeep for quite some time and its over due for an upgrade. First a short back story, this is the second jeep I have owned a YJ now an LJ. The second week I had my LJ a group of friends went to Rouch Creek in PA. I was hooked since then. 5 years later I'm finally treating my self to a well needed and over due lift kit. I finally settled on 4"long arm lift from Rough Country. And, to my surprise they offer a rebate. I will have before and after pictures as soon as I get it back from the shop.

UnlimitedJP is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2013, 09:53 AM   #2
Ironhead
2003 TJ Wrangler 

did you already purchase the lift? did you read any reviews on it?
Ironhead is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2013, 10:16 AM   #3
dadkinsemt

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Seems like you have had time to pick what you want. Good luck and can't wait to see it. You may want to put up a build thread.

05 LJ rubicon
14 JKU, wife's
Colorado jeep club #274

My build in progress
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/d...build-2146889/
dadkinsemt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2013, 11:00 AM   #4
TheBoogieman
Demonic Jeep Freak!

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhead View Post
did you already purchase the lift? did you read any reviews on it?
Spoiler alert! Now you're going to tell him the Miami Heat blew out the Pacers and Floyd "money" Mayweather (boxer) bet a cool $5.9 MILLION on the heat with a 7 point spread.Needless to say he now lives up to his nickname.

p.s. Floyd,my white mom slept with you and I'm another one of your kids you don't know about.If you could just send me a Mc Donalds gift certificate for $500,000,I'll leave you alone and won't ruin your great reputation.
Originally Posted by Jeepsr4me View Post
Yeap its your nuts that giving you the trouble here...... Get the right ones
TheBoogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2013, 11:43 AM   #5
Ross
2001 TJ Wrangler 

You’re going to hear an earful about buying a Rough Country. Their old control arms had allot of issues. Their bad reputation seems well deserved, RC even admitted to the problems when I called them. The control arms have been resigned. I know nothing about any other product they offer. The people at RC seem nice and eager to help and answer questions. The do seem to have good customer service.

I just got a set of their short arms, as in a month or so ago. I live in the middle of the woods and run them around a bit now and they do fine, so far. they have been in mud, over rocks, tree stumps etc. No issues.

A few people in my off-road group are running them both short and long arms. Everybody is happy. One of the guys in my group owns a shop and he got them for me for 150.00 a set for front and rear lowers and rear uppers, 3 sets $450.00 tax and shipping included. You have to put the ends together and if you don't do it right they will have problems. One in the group had a set and the joints weren't tight and the jeep had a bad wandering problem.

I will continue to post about them. If they suck I will let everybody know and I suspect Imped will be the first to say “I told you so” and that is fine. I will post about them when I see the topic come up and give honest updates. I will give honest feed back as time passes.

2001 TJ, 33 trxus MTs , W, locked, belly up, some armor.

"If you aim at nothing, you will hit it every time." Zig Ziglar
Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2013, 12:41 PM   #6
Ironhead
2003 TJ Wrangler 

like anyone else that feels like testing the waters to see if this company has ironed out all the details

I wish you the best of luck
Unread 06-04-2013, 12:54 PM   #7
Ross
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
like anyone else that feels like testing the waters to see if this company has ironed out all the details

I wish you the best of luck
Honda used to be bottom line, look at them now.

I all seriousness what does a control arm do. If it keeps the axle in place, stays together and moves as it should then what else. The only real difference is the ends. I am confident the cleveite bushing will last for a long time and help to aid in a decent ride. The new flex end bushing is very similar in design to the JJ. The JJ is supposed a better material made for them by energy suspension, if that material is superior it should last longer than the RC flex joint. One the problem with the old flex joint from RC is that it did not compress and fit together tightly and crap would get in and it would wear out. With the new design, that shouldn't be an issue, we will see.

Unread 06-04-2013, 01:40 PM   #8
Ironhead
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross View Post
Honda used to be bottom line, look at them now.

I all seriousness what does a control arm do. If it keeps the axle in place, stays together and moves as it should then what else. The only real difference is the ends. I am confident the cleveite bushing will last for a long time and help to aid in a decent ride. The new flex end bushing is very similar in design to the JJ. The JJ is supposed a better material made for them by energy suspension, if that material is superior it should last longer than the RC flex joint. One the problem with the old flex joint from RC is that it did not compress and fit together tightly and crap would get in and it would wear out. With the new design, that shouldn't be an issue, we will see.
do you really want to continue this convo on someone elses thread?

in all seriousness, you have no experience with the durability of these components.
Unread 06-04-2013, 01:55 PM   #9
Ross
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
do you really want to continue this convo on someone elses thread?

in all seriousness, you have no experience with the durability of these components.
I was responding to the second post in this thread, the one that set this all up.

How much experience do you have with them?
It is inevitable the RC bashing will come out. I was just giving him a heads up!!

Unread 06-04-2013, 02:04 PM   #10
Ironhead
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I was responding to the second post in this thread, the one that set this all up.

How much experience do you have with them?
It is inevitable the RC bashing will come out. I was just giving him a heads up!!
so you quoted a statement that was basically ending the convo?

you responded because you feel the need to justify your purchase. I dont need to have experience with them, and did not say a single bad thing about the new rc arms in this thread. I wished the OP luck because RC hasnt made too many quality products in all of the time they have been around. I hope they are different, but have my doubts and wont gamble my money on them when there are better arms for not too much more money
Unread 06-04-2013, 02:18 PM   #11
Ross
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
so you quoted a statement that was basically ending the convo?

you responded because you feel the need to justify your purchase. I dont need to have experience with them, and did not say a single bad thing about the new rc arms in this thread. I wished the OP luck because RC hasnt made too many quality products in all of the time they have been around. I hope they are different, but have my doubts and wont gamble my money on them when there are better arms for not too much more money
I didn't realize that was supposed to be the end of it

So your wish is I do not discuss my experiences or opinions here?

Unread 06-04-2013, 02:29 PM   #12
Ironhead
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I didn't realize that was supposed to be the end of it

So your wish is I do not discuss my experiences or opinions here?
I was done talking to the OP, but you want to continue. its cool.

I do want you to post up opinions and experiences on here. it would be an absolute disgrace for a set of arms to fail within the first month or thousand miles. I dont need to have the joints myself to tell that much.

you need to actually have some experience with them before you claim they are as good as double sided JJ arms, which by design, they cant be. just hope for you and the OP, they last longer and with less regular maint than every arm RC has made in the past.

and as you stated, you only got the arms. I asked the OP if he had already made the purchase as there are other things that are not so favorable about the RC kits. it would be a shame to pay for an install, then not be happy with it, and pay more labor time to have parts replaced
Unread 06-04-2013, 03:07 PM   #13
Ross
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I was done talking to the OP, but you want to continue. its cool.

I do want you to post up opinions and experiences on here. it would be an absolute disgrace for a set of arms to fail within the first month or thousand miles. I dont need to have the joints myself to tell that much.

you need to actually have some experience with them before you claim they are as good as double sided JJ arms, which by design, they cant be. just hope for you and the OP, they last longer and with less regular maint than every arm RC has made in the past.

and as you stated, you only got the arms. I asked the OP if he had already made the purchase as there are other things that are not so favorable about the RC kits. it would be a shame to pay for an install, then not be happy with it, and pay more labor time to have parts replaced
never said that, but why the need for a double joint? I promise I will speak the truth about these arms as time passes. Time has passed for some I know and they are happy with them.

Unread 06-04-2013, 03:35 PM   #14
ctorres018
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
never said that, but why the need for a double joint? I promise I will speak the truth about these arms as time passes. Time has passed for some I know and they are happy with them.
Sounds like your trying to do what Imped did with Metalcloak
ctorres018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2013, 09:00 PM   #15
UnlimitedJP
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Thanks for all the replys I did a lot if think and back and forth of what lift kit but for the budget I had to spend this is what I went with.
UnlimitedJP is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.