Rough country body lift vs zone body lift - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Rough country body lift vs zone body lift

ARTEC JK UNDER ARMOR - 4 door Bellypan KitsPoison Spyder DeFender Inner Fender KitsCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 01-24-2011, 07:04 PM   #1
BadKarma1701
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Rough country body lift vs zone body lift

ROUGH COUNTRY BODY LIFT VS ZONE BODY LIFT

ok the rough country 1.25 body lift suggests the 1 inch motor mount plate to raise the motor to new location of radiator shroud and they said it gives a better angle to the rear drive line. This suggested part runs $54.95 adding to the cost of the body lift. Now the zone 1.25 body lift says it comes with a radiator lowering kit so the shroud is still even with fan of motor and does not affect angel of rear drive line. So what kit is better? Is it better to raise motor instead on lowering radiator? Also what about the rear drive line angle there talking about?

"I came into this world kicking, screaming, and covered in someone else's blood and I'm damned sure going out the same way!"

Sienna Jeep Owners Member #56
BadKarma1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2011, 07:11 PM   #2
viperbluelx
2004 LJ Wrangler 

If you've got any suspension lift then go with the BL/MML combo.
Unread 01-24-2011, 07:14 PM   #3
BadKarma1701
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Looking to have the rc 3.25 suspension lift done at the same time.

"I came into this world kicking, screaming, and covered in someone else's blood and I'm damned sure going out the same way!"

Sienna Jeep Owners Member #56
BadKarma1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2011, 09:04 PM   #4
97_TJ_4L
2009 MK Patriot 

RC 3.25 suspension + 1" MML + 1.25" BL = good combination.

Never heard/read anything about the radiator lowering kit but maybe thats just my noob shining through
97_TJ_4L is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2011, 09:50 PM   #5
Wheelin98TJ
JEEP FREAK

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Zone has a 4.25 combo kit that comes with a 3" suspension lift, 1.25" body lift, and a 1" motor mount lift.

Its kind of hard to find since its under a link for their 3" suspension kit and then you have to click the tab "combo packages".

http://zoneoffroad.com/product?ki=21&gr=-1

I can't even figure out how to link directly to it.
Wheelin98TJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2011, 09:53 PM   #6
mediumdaddy
1997 TJ Wrangler 

depends on what your after, but the mml is usually installed to correct a couple of issues made from both body and suspensionl lifts. for a body lift - you put on the mml so you dont have to mess with the radiator shroud and transfer case linkage. for suspension lift - a mml will help get rid of SOME of the rear driveline vibes you will get after the lift. it will ususally not correct all vibes, but it helps and CAN save you from putting on a transfer case lowering kit or SYE/CV.
Utah Jeepcrew #63
mediumdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.