rough country bar pin eliminator rough ride after? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > rough country bar pin eliminator rough ride after?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineBrand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!New Vendor - ARTEC Industries Battery Mounts

Unread 02-21-2009, 01:38 PM   #1
emahan01
1999 TJ Wrangler 

rough country bar pin eliminator rough ride after?

i installed the rear bar pin eliminators and after i did that my suspension totaly sucks when my rear his a bump it literarly is like spine crushing. when i go under the truck all is well but i can find that between the rc 2.2 shocks and there rubber bump stops i only have about a inch and a half this is because the bar pin elimnator moved the top mount down closer to the bottom thus shortening and screwing up the shocks. any solutions because ive snapped bar pins before and i dont wana have to deal with it.

emahan01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2009, 03:15 PM   #2
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Sounds like the decreased travel of the shocks have really messed the shock's ability to absorb loads. I would love to do BPE's but the RC shocks just don't have enough piston showing to make me comfortable doing it. With that said, I have had zero problems with the bar pins.
Imped is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2009, 03:27 PM   #3
vector6
2001 TJ Wrangler 

add about 3 more inches of lift and you will be good...
vector6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2009, 09:05 PM   #4
emahan01
1999 TJ Wrangler 

anyone have a decent solution to this? or ne one have the same issue
emahan01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.