Rough Country adjustable front track bar question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Rough Country adjustable front track bar question

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectJKS Now Available at www.baseline4x4.com, Trackbars, SkidsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 07-08-2010, 09:26 PM   #1
SolidBrass
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Rough Country adjustable front track bar question

Jeep Accessories - Adjustable Track Bar

This front track bar says "requires drop pitman arm". While I don't know what that is, (thanks to google) I'm guessing it is mounted to the steering box. (right??) I've a 4" lift now but stock track bar. (so maybe I'm off center, and I don't know it)

Do you think this will fit my jeep? I've found it for $99 and want to jump on the deal if it will work for me?

http://www.roughcountry.com/install/1085.pdf

i_267206_cl_1.jpg  
SolidBrass is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2010, 09:56 PM   #2
cubbieblue
2005 TJ Wrangler 

With a 4" lift and the original trackbar (and using the original mounting placement) you are definitely off center.

It should work. The instructions just state that a DPA is suggested so you don't develop bumpsteer. However I don't see what a DPA really has to do with the installation of this bar. The install looks a little weird though, I don't get the bracket that they have you installing on the drivers side, but maybe that is standard with trackbars for larger lifts.

If you can get it for $99 I would get it.
cubbieblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2010, 11:17 PM   #3
SolidBrass
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I'm troubled by the 29/32” holes on the frame. First off I probably need a new drill. Second a 29/32” bit cost at least $35. add the shipping and easy $100.... the JKS doesn't look so bad.
Unread 07-09-2010, 01:41 AM   #4
RogueSpear2023
2003 TJ Wrangler 

You should be able to find a 29/32" at a hardware store, forget about getting one online. Your only going to need it once so I guess I would not go all out on a drill bit. I would look at the other arms out there as well. Also don't a Drop pitman arm, I never heard anything good come from adding one.

2003 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
4.0L, 42RLE, Dual Tops, Full Doors, JKS Front Disconnects, Cragar Soft 8 Black Wheels, 33x12.5x15 Goodyear Duratracs, .75" Front Coil Spacers, Bushwacker 6" Flat Fender Flares, Skid Row Steering Box Skid, LubeLockers, Rubicon Locker Mod, OBA, Cobra 19 Ultra III CB, 3' Firestik, Rough Country 2.2 Steering Stabilizer, RC 1.25" BL, RC 1" MML, RC Grab Handles, Fog Lamp Bent Pin Mod, 4" Apline S Series Speakers, Kenwood Excelon 6.5" Speakers, 6.5" JL Audio 6W3V3 Subwoofer (in center console) w/MTX Thunder 202 amp, IPF H4 Headlight Housing, Sliverstar H4 bulbs.

TJ Tech Boot Camp
TJ Specs

"Buying a jeep and not taking it off road, is like buying a dragster and never taking it to the track"
RogueSpear2023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2010, 07:08 AM   #5
SaltyJeeper
2004 TJ Wrangler 

You have to use a DPA on ANY trackbar where you relocate the frame side mount. If you install this DPA you will need a puller to get the DPA off.. you will also need to have an alignment done. Might ask the shop doing alingment to install DPA, probably should add couple of bucks for the install. I have this trackbar.

jeff
Hull #102
SaltyJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2010, 11:11 AM   #6
SolidBrass
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Superlift Adjustable Front Track Bar
For 97-06 Jeep® Wrangler TJ & Unlimited with 2"-4" Lift

Placed an order on Quadratec mentioned JF and got free shipping.

Superlift Suspension 5070 - Superlift Adjustable Front Track Bar for 97-06 Jeep® Wrangler TJ & Unlimited with 2"-4" Lift - Quadratec
Unread 07-09-2010, 12:25 PM   #7
viperbluelx
2004 LJ Wrangler 

I like that style much better than one with a TRE.
Unread 07-09-2010, 12:55 PM   #8
Unlimited04
This post/info=my opinion

2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidBrass View Post
the Currie TJS doesn't look so bad.
fixed it for you.
Unlimited04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2010, 01:45 PM   #9
mrgimble
1997 ZJ 

You could probably get away with a 7/8 if it is easier to find.
Unread 08-10-2010, 01:48 PM   #10
ElementX
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Did you end up installing the RC track bar?

I'm trying to figure out how to tighten the bolt at the axle end. The stock trackbar bolt was a torx bolt with flagnut which fit up into a tight space behind the trackbar mounting bracket.

The RC trackbar came with a new bolt and standard nut, I think 7/16. The problem is, how the heck do you get a wrench around the nut behind the mounting bracket?? There's only a tiny bit of clearance around the nut so that it can spin, but I haven't figured out how to fit any type of wrench or socket around it.
Unread 08-10-2010, 02:36 PM   #11
SolidBrass
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElementX View Post
Did you end up installing the RC track bar?

The RC trackbar came with a new bolt and standard nut, I think 7/16. The problem is, how the heck do you get a wrench around the nut behind the mounting bracket?? There's only a tiny bit of clearance around the nut so that it can spin, but I haven't figured out how to fit any type of wrench or socket around it.
I did the Superlift bar.

HOWEVER You CAN get a wrench on that nut. I used a box wrench (18mm or 19 i think)
I slid it in from the tiny hole long the axle with the wrench pointing at the driver side tire.
(do you follow?).. I couldn't get the wrench on the nut from the larger hole on the back side of the axle.

Heres a picture. I circled the hole I used to get a wrench on it.
trackbar-mount.jpg  

Last edited by SolidBrass; 08-10-2010 at 03:04 PM..

Tags
tj , wrangler , rc , rough , country , adjust , adjustable , trac-bar , trac , bar

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.