Rough Country 2.5 inch TJ lift kit. - Page 57 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Rough Country 2.5 inch TJ lift kit.

ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsWe have FLASHLIGHTS! Great for your Emergency bag!

Unread 11-21-2008, 11:38 AM   #841
zx5go
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Just ordered my kit with the stablizer today! Wish I'd jumped on this while Jeff was offering some of the better deals (still a deal at $330 shipped w/stabilizer).

I'm already running JKS discos and 1.25" BL & MML with 265/75R16 TrXus MT tires (31.6") on my '05 Rubicon. I'll post before and after photos soon. I'm going to install my Currie HD steering at the same time.

A grateful nation never forgets.
zx5go is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-21-2008, 11:54 AM   #842
stadleroux
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Si1ver03Rubicon View Post
^ wow

Whats the info on your Jeep? Year, Model, etc..
Oops, didn't realise it would matter, since I was looking at the photo in the instructions. 2000 Sport Auto, stock.

Edit: ^^ Indeed, wow...
stadleroux is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-21-2008, 01:45 PM   #843
BaystateTJ97
1990 YJ Wrangler 

10 char
Vote for your freedom back on November 6, 2012.
BaystateTJ97 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-21-2008, 02:56 PM   #844
easytim
1974 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95BadBoy View Post
Dude, WTF - really don't care what your problem is with the original statement as it was posted , I am looking to do something with my 01 DD. And was courious as to clearance on the RC lift. And could care even less what your non RC lift is at . But to satisfy your recent whine, here ya go.

How did you get so much clearance? Did you disconnect something or are those tires small?
Unread 11-21-2008, 03:22 PM   #845
Fargo
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by easytim View Post
How did you get so much clearance? Did you disconnect something or are those tires small?
He has the DPG kit, not the rough country. If it has the HD springs it typically lifts more than 2.5"

95Badboy - which springs do you have? Is that the HD or a ZL/LJ setup or something else.
2005 Rubicon Unlimited Sahara Limited Edition #41
6spd manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
...there's very little that is more permanent than a temporary solution
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oman Jeep
Go with quality and cry once. Go cheap and cry often. Take your pick ;)
LJ Owners Group member #110
Fargo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-21-2008, 05:03 PM   #846
hesstondc
2000 TJ Wrangler 

TJ wrangler, nice looking jeep, how do you like the tires, are the loud?
32x11.50x15 are $170 a piece on sell right now....
I really like the looks of those tires....I have seen a set of 35's on an old chevy....
The T/A that is carved in the side biters is really cool looking as well.

Is that a 15x8 rim?

Sorry for all the questions
Clay
hesstondc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-21-2008, 05:11 PM   #847
95BadBoy
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fargo View Post
He has the DPG kit, not the rough country. If it has the HD springs it typically lifts more than 2.5"

95Badboy - which springs do you have? Is that the HD or a ZL/LJ setup or something else.
When talking with Dirk a year and a half ago, I wanted firmer - which led to the discussion on his Trailgunner coils - he assured me that they were probably the way to go based on what we talked about . He did not state HD or ZJ/LJ though. The coding on the packing slip was WRFD fronts & WRRD rears. It clears the 33 STT's just fine and have had no rub thus far. Wish I would have measured the before and after to see what was really netted. Other than the front bumper and swing away with 33" spare - I have not added a lot of wieght to that rig. It's not my daily so there is always a chance for some settling over the next few years. No doubt it netted better than 2.5" .
Wouldn't want to swap for that Rubi would you. hehehe
95BadBoy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-21-2008, 05:22 PM   #848
Fargo
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95BadBoy View Post
When talking with Dirk a year and a half ago, I wanted firmer - which led to the discussion on his Trailgunner coils - he assured me that they were probably the way to go based on what we talked about . He did not state HD or ZJ/LJ though. The coding on the packing slip was WRFD fronts & WRRD rears. It clears the 33 STT's just fine and have had no rub thus far. Wish I would have measured the before and after to see what was really netted. Other than the front bumper and swing away with 33" spare - I have not added a lot of wieght to that rig. It's not my daily so there is always a chance for some settling over the next few years. No doubt it netted better than 2.5" .
Wouldn't want to swap for that Rubi would you. hehehe
Thanks for the info. Thats what I needed to know. I think I just have to give Dirk a call when I'm ready to buy. Everything I've read on the forum leads me to believe he will be able to set me up with what I'm looking for when I'm ready. But until then I'm still keeping my eye on the RC kit.

I think I'll keep my Rubi. I'm getting attached to it pretty quickly. Thanks for the compliments.
2005 Rubicon Unlimited Sahara Limited Edition #41
6spd manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
...there's very little that is more permanent than a temporary solution
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oman Jeep
Go with quality and cry once. Go cheap and cry often. Take your pick ;)
LJ Owners Group member #110
Fargo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-22-2008, 09:19 PM   #849
Si1ver03Rubicon
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Oh ya the RC lift flexes AWESOME!!!

Rear drivers was still touching so I could have gone more. I can't Fing believe this kit I wish I could find a flex ramp or RTI ramp.
Si1ver03Rubicon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-22-2008, 09:26 PM   #850
Si1ver03Rubicon
2003 TJ Wrangler 

More from today.....

Si1ver03Rubicon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-23-2008, 08:58 PM   #851
TJwrangler4.0
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Haha no problem hesstondc thanks!! i just got the tires on monday and they are sooo nice!! they're not really loud at all but they have a very very slight hum just to let you know they're there..i like it personally lol...theyr're 32s and i got them for $174 a piece..they are such a great looking tire...oh and yea its a 15X8 rim lol
TJwrangler4.0 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-24-2008, 12:25 PM   #852
PDoyle
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Put a few miles on my newly installed kit. How do you get rid of the 1" lean on the pass side. Hoping the new kit would correct this.
Unread 11-24-2008, 02:48 PM   #853
hesstondc
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Just ordered my kit today from Shane. I had a lot of questions....Thanks again Shane.

Will post pics when completed, should have a fun thanksgiving weekend ahead of me..
I went with the BL as well so I can fit 33" tires....

This thread is what sold me on this lift kit.
hesstondc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-24-2008, 03:35 PM   #854
aogmitch
2004 TJ Wrangler 

To TJwrangler04, nice look on the TJ. Is that just the 2.5 lift on its own or do you have the BL also? One more question, any spring spacers in your setup?
2004 Rubicon, 5-spd, RC 2.5" Lift w/RC 2.2 Shocks, 1.25" BL, MML, RC 2.2 Stabilizer, Currie Antirock, 33x12.5-15 BFG MT KMs on Black Steel Wheels, Highrock Rear Bumper, Warn Front Bumper, Warn M8000, A to Z Rocker Gaurds, Pioneer DEH P5000UB, Eclipse 4ch Amp, Infinity 6.5 and 5.5 Speakers, Factory Sub. More to come.
aogmitch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-24-2008, 08:18 PM   #855
trh
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I just recieved my RC 2.5 and stabilizer today- also going to use .75 spacers for the front in order to off set the weight of the winch. Might be able to do this sometime this week. This thread also helped me to make my decision on the purchase. TRH
trh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
2.2 performance shocks , 2.5" lift , progressive , rc , rc 2.5 , rcxtreme , rough country

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.