Rough Country 2.5 inch TJ lift kit. - Page 56 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Rough Country 2.5 inch TJ lift kit.

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsSteinjager TJ tube doors

Unread 11-20-2008, 04:23 PM   #826
doogie

1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobyw View Post
If you're just into the look, why not just go with a 3" body lift and be done with it?
Are you bored.....post count quota for today not met? So far nothing you have said has anything to do with this topic or my question. 3" Bl looks like booty! It's not just about the look I'm just not one of those people that see the point in throwing the largest tire under my rig I can then bumpstopping out all the travel. That's just my opinion and since it's my rig I get to apply that opinion to it.

Silver03rubicon didn't need this lift....he has 30.5's but see how nice his rig flexes out with plenty of room to move, that's my point.

Please lord let me back on topic.....

Just trying to find out if a similarly equipted 03-06 (Non Rubi) TJ's with BL MML D44 & 6-speed...any vibes with this lift?

My old ZJ build thread
Previous builds 99-XJ, 98-XJ, 89-XJ, 05-TJ, 95-ZJ, 79-J10
doogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2008, 05:27 PM   #827
athos76
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Jeffrey at RC sent me the 2.2 Steering Stabilizer with my order of the 2.5" SL and 1.25" BL. He cut me the JF.com discount and shipped it all for $410. My stock stabilizer was hell to get off and I ended up snapping one of the bolts on it when I took it off.
Unread 11-20-2008, 05:56 PM   #828
Si1ver03Rubicon
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by athos76 View Post
Jeffrey at RC sent me the 2.2 Steering Stabilizer with my order of the 2.5" SL and 1.25" BL. He cut me the JF.com discount and shipped it all for $410. My stock stabilizer was hell to get off and I ended up snapping one of the bolts on it when I took it off.
Don't feel bad mine was the same way. Even with pb blaster that fugger was hell. Good thing they provided all new hardware Also don't be like me and forget to put the metal sleeve in the end of the bushing
Si1ver03Rubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2008, 06:03 PM   #829
urstolendesire
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Hey guys, kinda new here, but I've been reading up on here for months, everyone else asks and answers my questions...just wanted to put in some info on this one... I finally gave in and got the kit for my 04. I got the 1.25 body lift, 2.5" suspension, and the 2.2 stabilizer. Havent been offroading with it yet though so Iunno how good it works...so far everything was smooth sailling on the lift and is riding great!!
urstolendesire is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2008, 06:25 PM   #830
Dmcastino
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RudyxTJ View Post
If most people here are netting 3.5-4.5" tire to flare (not flair), and he is getting 6", I'm curious to see it with my own eyes.
One of us is clearly reading this wrong. The way I read it was that he currently has a total of 6" of space between his tire and his flare (excuse my spelling last time) which to me seems pretty reasonable. That would have put him at 2-2.5 inches of space tire to flare if the lift wasn't on there, which when you are measuring to 1.5 year old 33"s, that sounds like it would be just about right to me.
Dmcastino is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2008, 07:24 PM   #831
-Rudy-
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmcastino View Post
One of us is clearly reading this wrong. The way I read it was that he currently has a total of 6" of space between his tire and his flare (excuse my spelling last time) which to me seems pretty reasonable. That would have put him at 2-2.5 inches of space tire to flare if the lift wasn't on there, which when you are measuring to 1.5 year old 33"s, that sounds like it would be just about right to me.
I'll just assume I'm not quite picturing it correctly and call it a day, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahRose
something big and fun
-Rudy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2008, 07:50 PM   #832
easytim
1974 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by urstolendesire View Post
Hey guys, kinda new here, but I've been reading up on here for months, everyone else asks and answers my questions...just wanted to put in some info on this one... I finally gave in and got the kit for my 04. I got the 1.25 body lift, 2.5" suspension, and the 2.2 stabilizer. Havent been offroading with it yet though so Iunno how good it works...so far everything was smooth sailling on the lift and is riding great!!

Hey, I put this information here because I'm just like you NEW !!!! PLEASE TELL ME IF THIS HELPS YOU

http://webpages.charter.net/easytims/jeep.htm
Unread 11-20-2008, 08:28 PM   #833
95BadBoy
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmcastino View Post

Rudy does not see very many lifts I Think.
95BadBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2008, 09:20 PM   #834
-Rudy-
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95BadBoy View Post

Rudy does not see very many lifts I Think.
That's the rear tire... you should have said that part.

Edit: Just went out and tossed a tape measurer on my rear tire, and I have about 7 3/4" of clearance. No pics, but yeah... I thought you were talking about the front tire. Lol. Much more believable on the back.

Quote:
something big and fun
Unread 11-21-2008, 04:36 AM   #835
stadleroux
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Looking at the Transfer Case Drop Instructions (photo #2 in particular) in the link provided by easytim, is it at all possible not to use those pucks? It looks like the transmission skid plate is pretty much dropped down to where it was before the lift. I can appreciate that the transmission is attached to the drivetrain and the drivetrain didn't move, because it's below the lift, but I was just wondering...
stadleroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2008, 07:49 AM   #836
95BadBoy
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RudyxTJ View Post
That's the rear tire... you should have said that part.

Edit: Just went out and tossed a tape measurer on my rear tire, and I have about 7 3/4" of clearance. No pics, but yeah... I thought you were talking about the front tire. Lol. Much more believable on the back.
Dude, WTF - really don't care what your problem is with the original statement as it was posted , I am looking to do something with my 01 DD. And was courious as to clearance on the RC lift. And could care even less what your non RC lift is at . But to satisfy your recent whine, here ya go.

95BadBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2008, 08:06 AM   #837
tobyw
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by doogie View Post
Are you bored.....post count quota for today not met? So far nothing you have said has anything to do with this topic or my question. 3" Bl looks like booty! It's not just about the look I'm just not one of those people that see the point in throwing the largest tire under my rig I can then bumpstopping out all the travel.
Sorry to have bunched up your e-panties... I was just trying to offer some money-saving advice since it's pretty obvious you don't understand suspension dynamics very well. Happy trails to you, buddy.
Unread 11-21-2008, 08:32 AM   #838
-Rudy-
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95BadBoy View Post
Dude, WTF - really don't care what your problem is with the original statement as it was posted , I am looking to do something with my 01 DD. And was courious as to clearance on the RC lift. And could care even less what your non RC lift is at . But to satisfy your recent whine, here ya go.
Stfu, and relax. You are way to defensive over nothing. I'm not whining, I'm telling you I can now see what you meant. Get your ego out of your ***.

Quote:
something big and fun
Unread 11-21-2008, 08:50 AM   #839
Si1ver03Rubicon
2003 TJ Wrangler 

^ wow

Quote:
Originally Posted by stadleroux View Post
Looking at the Transfer Case Drop Instructions (photo #2 in particular) in the link provided by easytim, is it at all possible not to use those pucks? It looks like the transmission skid plate is pretty much dropped down to where it was before the lift. I can appreciate that the transmission is attached to the drivetrain and the drivetrain didn't move, because it's below the lift, but I was just wondering...
Whats the info on your Jeep? Year, Model, etc..
Si1ver03Rubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2008, 10:19 AM   #840
TJwrangler4.0
2003 TJ Wrangler 

This kit is awesome!! i got it over the summer and it rides really great

TJwrangler4.0 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2.2 performance shocks , 2.5" lift , progressive , rc , rc 2.5 , rcxtreme , rough country

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.