Rough Country 2.5 inch TJ lift kit. - Page 56 - JeepForum.com
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #826 of 5128 Old 11-20-2008, 04:23 PM
doogie
Senior Member
 
doogie's Avatar
1996 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Canton NC
Posts: 793
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobyw View Post
If you're just into the look, why not just go with a 3" body lift and be done with it?
Are you bored.....post count quota for today not met? So far nothing you have said has anything to do with this topic or my question. 3" Bl looks like booty! It's not just about the look I'm just not one of those people that see the point in throwing the largest tire under my rig I can then bumpstopping out all the travel. That's just my opinion and since it's my rig I get to apply that opinion to it.

Silver03rubicon didn't need this lift....he has 30.5's but see how nice his rig flexes out with plenty of room to move, that's my point.

Please lord let me back on topic.....

Just trying to find out if a similarly equipted 03-06 (Non Rubi) TJ's with BL MML D44 & 6-speed...any vibes with this lift?


Nationalmssociety.org
Current = 1996 XJ, 2.5, 2-Door, 5-Speed, 4.88's, 3.5" Mix-N-Match, Black 15" KMC XD122's, 31" BFG AT's, RE QD's
My current XJ build thread

My old ZJ build thread
Previous builds 99-XJ, 98-XJ, 89-XJ, 05-TJ, 95-ZJ, 79-J10
doogie is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #827 of 5128 Old 11-20-2008, 05:27 PM
athos76
Registered User
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: El Paso
Posts: 1,558
Jeffrey at RC sent me the 2.2 Steering Stabilizer with my order of the 2.5" SL and 1.25" BL. He cut me the JF.com discount and shipped it all for $410. My stock stabilizer was hell to get off and I ended up snapping one of the bolts on it when I took it off.

2006 I6 6-Speed X, 33" Goodyear Duratrac, 8.8.
athos76 is offline  
post #828 of 5128 Old 11-20-2008, 05:56 PM
Si1ver03Rubicon
Registered User
2003 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Fort Bragg, NC.
Posts: 745
Quote:
Originally Posted by athos76 View Post
Jeffrey at RC sent me the 2.2 Steering Stabilizer with my order of the 2.5" SL and 1.25" BL. He cut me the JF.com discount and shipped it all for $410. My stock stabilizer was hell to get off and I ended up snapping one of the bolts on it when I took it off.
Don't feel bad mine was the same way. Even with pb blaster that fugger was hell. Good thing they provided all new hardware Also don't be like me and forget to put the metal sleeve in the end of the bushing
Si1ver03Rubicon is offline  
post #829 of 5128 Old 11-20-2008, 06:03 PM
urstolendesire
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 272
Hey guys, kinda new here, but I've been reading up on here for months, everyone else asks and answers my questions...just wanted to put in some info on this one... I finally gave in and got the kit for my 04. I got the 1.25 body lift, 2.5" suspension, and the 2.2 stabilizer. Havent been offroading with it yet though so Iunno how good it works...so far everything was smooth sailling on the lift and is riding great!!
urstolendesire is offline  
post #830 of 5128 Old 11-20-2008, 06:25 PM
Dmcastino
Registered User
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Noblesville, IN
Posts: 3,171
Quote:
Originally Posted by RudyxTJ View Post
If most people here are netting 3.5-4.5" tire to flare (not flair), and he is getting 6", I'm curious to see it with my own eyes.
One of us is clearly reading this wrong. The way I read it was that he currently has a total of 6" of space between his tire and his flare (excuse my spelling last time) which to me seems pretty reasonable. That would have put him at 2-2.5 inches of space tire to flare if the lift wasn't on there, which when you are measuring to 1.5 year old 33"s, that sounds like it would be just about right to me.
Dmcastino is offline  
post #831 of 5128 Old 11-20-2008, 07:24 PM
-Rudy-
Registered User
2003 WJ 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Laredo
Posts: 1,363
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmcastino View Post
One of us is clearly reading this wrong. The way I read it was that he currently has a total of 6" of space between his tire and his flare (excuse my spelling last time) which to me seems pretty reasonable. That would have put him at 2-2.5 inches of space tire to flare if the lift wasn't on there, which when you are measuring to 1.5 year old 33"s, that sounds like it would be just about right to me.
I'll just assume I'm not quite picturing it correctly and call it a day, lol.
-Rudy- is offline  
post #832 of 5128 Old 11-20-2008, 07:50 PM
easytim
Registered User
1974 CJ5 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Missouri
Posts: 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by urstolendesire View Post
Hey guys, kinda new here, but I've been reading up on here for months, everyone else asks and answers my questions...just wanted to put in some info on this one... I finally gave in and got the kit for my 04. I got the 1.25 body lift, 2.5" suspension, and the 2.2 stabilizer. Havent been offroading with it yet though so Iunno how good it works...so far everything was smooth sailling on the lift and is riding great!!

Hey, I put this information here because I'm just like you NEW !!!! PLEASE TELL ME IF THIS HELPS YOU

http://webpages.charter.net/easytims/jeep.htm

What if the hokey pokey really is what its all about
easytim is offline  
post #833 of 5128 Old 11-20-2008, 08:28 PM
95BadBoy
Moderator
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Grand Forks, ND
Posts: 2,996
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmcastino View Post
One of us is clearly reading this wrong. The way I read it was that he currently has a total of 6" of space between his tire and his flare (excuse my spelling last time) which to me seems pretty reasonable. That would have put him at 2-2.5 inches of space tire to flare if the lift wasn't on there, which when you are measuring to 1.5 year old 33"s, that sounds like it would be just about right to me.


Rudy does not see very many lifts I Think.
95BadBoy is offline  
post #834 of 5128 Old 11-20-2008, 09:20 PM
-Rudy-
Registered User
2003 WJ 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Laredo
Posts: 1,363
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95BadBoy View Post


Rudy does not see very many lifts I Think.
That's the rear tire... you should have said that part.

Edit: Just went out and tossed a tape measurer on my rear tire, and I have about 7 3/4" of clearance. No pics, but yeah... I thought you were talking about the front tire. Lol. Much more believable on the back.
-Rudy- is offline  
post #835 of 5128 Old 11-21-2008, 04:36 AM
stadleroux
Registered User
 
stadleroux's Avatar
2000 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
Posts: 479
Looking at the Transfer Case Drop Instructions (photo #2 in particular) in the link provided by easytim, is it at all possible not to use those pucks? It looks like the transmission skid plate is pretty much dropped down to where it was before the lift. I can appreciate that the transmission is attached to the drivetrain and the drivetrain didn't move, because it's below the lift, but I was just wondering...
stadleroux is offline  
post #836 of 5128 Old 11-21-2008, 07:49 AM
95BadBoy
Moderator
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Grand Forks, ND
Posts: 2,996
Quote:
Originally Posted by RudyxTJ View Post
That's the rear tire... you should have said that part.

Edit: Just went out and tossed a tape measurer on my rear tire, and I have about 7 3/4" of clearance. No pics, but yeah... I thought you were talking about the front tire. Lol. Much more believable on the back.
Dude, WTF - really don't care what your problem is with the original statement as it was posted , I am looking to do something with my 01 DD. And was courious as to clearance on the RC lift. And could care even less what your non RC lift is at . But to satisfy your recent whine, here ya go.

95BadBoy is offline  
post #837 of 5128 Old 11-21-2008, 08:06 AM
tobyw
Registered User
2008 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: West Richland, WA
Posts: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by doogie View Post
Are you bored.....post count quota for today not met? So far nothing you have said has anything to do with this topic or my question. 3" Bl looks like booty! It's not just about the look I'm just not one of those people that see the point in throwing the largest tire under my rig I can then bumpstopping out all the travel.
Sorry to have bunched up your e-panties... I was just trying to offer some money-saving advice since it's pretty obvious you don't understand suspension dynamics very well. Happy trails to you, buddy.

Jeeps. Lotsa Jeeps...
tobyw is offline  
post #838 of 5128 Old 11-21-2008, 08:32 AM
-Rudy-
Registered User
2003 WJ 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Laredo
Posts: 1,363
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95BadBoy View Post
Dude, WTF - really don't care what your problem is with the original statement as it was posted , I am looking to do something with my 01 DD. And was courious as to clearance on the RC lift. And could care even less what your non RC lift is at . But to satisfy your recent whine, here ya go.
Stfu, and relax. You are way to defensive over nothing. I'm not whining, I'm telling you I can now see what you meant. Get your ego out of your ***.
-Rudy- is offline  
post #839 of 5128 Old 11-21-2008, 08:50 AM
Si1ver03Rubicon
Registered User
2003 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Fort Bragg, NC.
Posts: 745
^ wow

Quote:
Originally Posted by stadleroux View Post
Looking at the Transfer Case Drop Instructions (photo #2 in particular) in the link provided by easytim, is it at all possible not to use those pucks? It looks like the transmission skid plate is pretty much dropped down to where it was before the lift. I can appreciate that the transmission is attached to the drivetrain and the drivetrain didn't move, because it's below the lift, but I was just wondering...
Whats the info on your Jeep? Year, Model, etc..
Si1ver03Rubicon is offline  
post #840 of 5128 Old 11-21-2008, 10:19 AM
TJwrangler4.0
Registered User
2003 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: York PA
Posts: 77
This kit is awesome!! i got it over the summer and it rides really great





TJwrangler4.0 is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
2.2 performance shocks , 2.5" lift , progressive , rc , rc 2.5 , rcxtreme , rough country

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Jeep Forums Replies Last Post
rough country 4 inch lift kit mossman07 TJ Wrangler Technical Forum 87 02-27-2015 11:12 AM
4 inch rough country lift for $500? tonythehazelnut YJ Wrangler Technical Forum 18 12-27-2009 07:41 PM
OME or rough country 2.5 inch lift? erhenriques TJ Wrangler Technical Forum 13 11-11-2009 09:44 AM
Rough Country 4 inch X Lift 06tjSPORT TJ Wrangler Technical Forum 20 07-31-2009 07:29 PM
anyone got the Rough Country 4 inch lift?? hiram TJ Wrangler Technical Forum 14 03-08-2007 07:05 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome