Rough Country 2.5 inch TJ lift kit. - Page 55 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Rough Country 2.5 inch TJ lift kit.

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineYear End Clearance Sale! Save 20%NEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!!

Unread 11-19-2008, 09:07 PM   #811
95BadBoy
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RudyxTJ View Post
6"? Think your calculations are a bit off.
Well if my US tape measure is the same as every other one I own, I think my tire to flair distance is right on buckwheat.

95BadBoy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-19-2008, 09:48 PM   #812
-Rudy-
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95BadBoy View Post
Well if my US tape measure is the same as every other one I own, I think my tire to flair distance is right on buckwheat.
Any pics, babycakes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahRose
something big and fun
-Rudy- is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-19-2008, 09:59 PM   #813
Si1ver03Rubicon
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95BadBoy View Post
One thing to consider is there's probably 10 different kinds of flairs that came from the factory alone.
Si1ver03Rubicon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-19-2008, 11:04 PM   #814
azcoyote

I completed the install of my RC 2.5 on the front end last weekend and will do the rear in a week or two when I have time.

I pulled out 2.25 inch spacers and my stock springs with 56K miles on them.

I gained exactly 1.5 inches over my old spring and spacer combo so I figure I had some spring sag going on.

The space between the Rubicon LJ flare and tire now reads exactly 6 inches which is up from the original 4.5.

No pics required... I can read a tape measure too.

The shocks are way better than that Skyjack 7000s they replaced. They are about twice as heavy (more oil I figure) and have a much larger piston.

The ride is already vastly improved.

Way to re-invent yourself RC. You did good!
Unread 11-19-2008, 11:41 PM   #815
Dmcastino
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RudyxTJ View Post
Any pics, babycakes?
He is saying 6" from tire to flair, not 6" total lift.....

I don't see whats so impossible about that.
Dmcastino is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-20-2008, 12:58 AM   #816
Silver_Slipper
2000 TJ Wrangler 

quick question on the shocks, whats the rate of travel are they 2-4 in, cuz im thinkin on doin this kit and putin 3/4in or 1 1/4in coil spacers on as well, will i need different shocks?!
[COLOR="Silver"]Silver Jeep Club #37[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Black"][B]Nightcrew #021[/B][/COLOR]
|¯¯l,[COLOR="Silver"][___][/COLOR],
[COLOR="Silver"]l---L--[/COLOR][COLOR="Yellow"]O[/COLOR]lllllll[COLOR="Yellow"]O[/COLOR][COLOR="Silver"]¬[/COLOR]
()_) ()_)--o-)_)[/CENTER]

"The Jeep is America's only real sports car" - Enzo Ferrari

[QUOTE=MarkoPo;6689793]No, we all know in the beginning God created the earth and the Heavens. On the second day God created man and Jeep. Man had too much fun so God created woman. Man hasn't had near as much fun since.[/QUOTE]
Silver_Slipper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-20-2008, 01:47 AM   #817
-Rudy-
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmcastino View Post
He is saying 6" from tire to flair, not 6" total lift.....

I don't see whats so impossible about that.
If most people here are netting 3.5-4.5" tire to flare (not flair), and he is getting 6", I'm curious to see it with my own eyes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahRose
something big and fun
-Rudy- is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-20-2008, 03:19 AM   #818
stadleroux
2000 TJ Wrangler 

OK, which of you guys got the steering stabilizer with the lift kit and is it really worth it? I see they offer two stabilizers; what are the differences and is it worth getting the cheaper of the two? I'm not running huge tyres and I don't think I ever will - I'm on 30" now and probably won't go bigger than 31" - but I PM'ed Jeffery and he still recommended getting the stabilizer.
stadleroux is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-20-2008, 06:57 AM   #819
hotwiredxj
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I recommend it for two reasons...
First, it is super cheap, since it just came out. I would see the price going up in a few weeks/months. You will barley see any on-road improvement from this contraption, it works hardest when you are off road, and you get into a rut or bounce off a rock that yanks the steering wheel out of your hands, that is what this stabilizer prevents, or slows down.

Second, it just looks more subtle, therefore cooler, in my opinion. Dark Gray vs WHITE. Unless you have a white jeep, then you may be ok with the hydro.

There is a pic of it mounted in my writeup.
hotwiredxj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-20-2008, 08:57 AM   #820
shane_huskey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

well my stock steering stabilizer was black on my black jeep, and so were my shocks ... i did order the stabilizer along with the shocks, which are all a light grey with red stickers on them .. that being said, i wouldn't say it is more subtle, but yes i would say it looks better .. as for if it works better or not, i don't know, i put everything on in the same day, so i didn't drive it with 33's and the stock stabilizer (likewise i didn't drive on my 30's with the rc stabilizer) .. and i don't know how much space i have between my tire and flare, but i bet if i only had 31's and a 2 or 3 inch body lift with this, im sure it would be over 6 inches. that's something to think about before you start calling people babycakes.
'06 6cyl 6spd X - 2.5" Rough Country Progressive Springs, Rough Country Performance 2.2 Shocks and Steering Stabilizer, 1" PA BL, 1" JKS MML, 33x12.50 TrXus M/T's w/ Spidertrax 1.25" Spacers on 15x8 Ravines

JEEP is spelled wrong.. It should be spelled J-U-N-K
shane_huskey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-20-2008, 10:44 AM   #821
Si1ver03Rubicon
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by stadleroux View Post
OK, which of you guys got the steering stabilizer with the lift kit and is it really worth it? I see they offer two stabilizers; what are the differences and is it worth getting the cheaper of the two? I'm not running huge tyres and I don't think I ever will - I'm on 30" now and probably won't go bigger than 31" - but I PM'ed Jeffery and he still recommended getting the stabilizer.
I would get the 2.2 one. My stock stabilizer had a leak in it and would hiss and piss fluid. After installing the new RC one it really cleaned up the feel through the steering wheel.
Si1ver03Rubicon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-20-2008, 03:35 PM   #822
doogie

1996 XJ Cherokee 

Spent about the last hour off and on going through thread and I really like the looks of this kit.

Can anyone with an 03-06 with D44 and a 6 speed comment on vibes (not Rubi's or LJ's)? I've got the MML and BL and it's just nowhere in my budget right now to do an SYE and drive shaft. And I'm picky so even vibes on take off would annoy me into having to do the SYE. But I need some more lift, I stuff my 32's to easily with my 1.75" Skyjacker spacers and BL.

My old ZJ build thread
Previous builds 99-XJ, 98-XJ, 89-XJ, 05-TJ, 95-ZJ, 79-J10
doogie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-20-2008, 04:34 PM   #823
tobyw
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by doogie View Post
But I need some more lift, I stuff my 32's to easily with my 1.75" Skyjacker spacers and BL.
You don't need more lift, you need more bumpstop... Take a look here at how to fix your problem:

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/hockey-puck-bump-stops-634384/
Unread 11-20-2008, 04:51 PM   #824
doogie

1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobyw View Post
You don't need more lift, you need more bumpstop...
I ain't into bumpstops to keep tires out of flares. Tube fender or highlines, yeah but I want room to travel. I want all the up and downtravel I can get. Truthfully I just like the look of plenty of room to move in the fenders.

Tommy R on this forum has one of my favorite Jeeps as far as looks go, he has 4.5 RE coils and a 1" BL for 35's. I think a guy named Camobaby has 4 RC lift and 33's. Those Jeeps just have that look I like. So for my 32's, soon hopefully 33's I just want more room in the fenders. Truthfully when I go to 33's I'll probably go to tube fenders.

So any vibes with this lift on 03-06's with D44's and 6 speeds that aren't Rubi's or LJ's?

My old ZJ build thread
Previous builds 99-XJ, 98-XJ, 89-XJ, 05-TJ, 95-ZJ, 79-J10
doogie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-20-2008, 04:53 PM   #825
tobyw
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by doogie View Post
I ain't into bumpstops to keep tires out of flares. Tube fender or highlines, yeah but I want room to travel. I want all the up and downtravel I can get. Truthfully I just like the look of plenty of room to move in the fenders.
If you're just into the look, why not just go with a 3" body lift and be done with it?

Tags
2.2 performance shocks , 2.5" lift , progressive , rc , rc 2.5 , rcxtreme , rough country

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.