Rough Country 2.5 inch TJ lift kit. - Page 51 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Rough Country 2.5 inch TJ lift kit.

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits BLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 11-05-2008, 06:01 PM   #751
RYANR97
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Just wanted to post an update about the RC 2.5 lift. When I installed my RC2.5 about 3 months ago I added the transfer drop because I didn't want to hassel with possible vibration trouble. During wheelin trips I noticed that my skid would get hung up from time to time, and I did not like the way my 5spd shifted with the transfer case drop, also I just dont like it having my transfercase and skid hanging down any lower than it needs to. So with that being said, I removed the transfer case drop last night and took my jeep for a drive and I have no vibrations!!! So I would encouage anyone that has this lift to try and remove the transfer case drop and go for a drive.
My specs - 1997 TJ 4CYL 5SPD 68,000MI 33x12.5x15 RC 2.5 LIFT the rest is completely stock.
Just thought this info might help out.

RYANR97 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-05-2008, 06:38 PM   #752
SKIBUMM
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I also did not put in the tcase drop and I have no vibs at all. All in all I am very pleased witht he quality of this lift and the install was not bad at all.
SKIBUMM is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-05-2008, 06:53 PM   #753
alecmcmahon

Quote:
Originally Posted by RYANR97 View Post
Just wanted to post an update about the RC 2.5 lift. When I installed my RC2.5 about 3 months ago I added the transfer drop because I didn't want to hassel with possible vibration trouble. During wheelin trips I noticed that my skid would get hung up from time to time, and I did not like the way my 5spd shifted with the transfer case drop, also I just dont like it having my transfercase and skid hanging down any lower than it needs to. So with that being said, I removed the transfer case drop last night and took my jeep for a drive and I have no vibrations!!! So I would encouage anyone that has this lift to try and remove the transfer case drop and go for a drive.
My specs - 1997 TJ 4CYL 5SPD 68,000MI 33x12.5x15 RC 2.5 LIFT the rest is completely stock.
Just thought this info might help out.

think that would work with a 1.25" BL as well ?
Unread 11-05-2008, 06:59 PM   #754
RYANR97
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I think so. give it a try!
RYANR97 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-05-2008, 10:44 PM   #755
abeshures
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I just finished the 1.25 BL and NO Transfer case drop. I have a rubicon so Im not sure if that would make a difference because of having a fixed yoke but so far its great Ill post pics tomarrow what a huge difference though
abeshures is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-06-2008, 11:11 AM   #756
RCXTREME

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Not everyone will need a t case drop. Every Jeep is different. I am pretty sure anybody with the Rubicon will not need it.
RCXTREME is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-06-2008, 11:23 AM   #757
azcoyote

I pulled the trigger on buying mine yesterday... Looking forward to installing when it arrives!

I currently run my stock springs with 3" of spacers up front (a 2.25 and .75) and 2.25 spacer in the rear.
Shocks are the Skyjacker ones that come with the 2.25 budget boost.
I have a 1" body lift already and I run 33 inch tires on stock rubi rims.
The springs are tired and saggy and the ride is rough to say the least.
I also have full traction discos from a 3" kit and an adjustable front track bar.

I will be installing this kit with my .75 spacers up front and some adjustable front lower control arms.

I will let everyone know how the ride changes when the kit is installed.

Thanks for answering all my questions Jeffrey!
Does the kit come with a RCX decal or anything?
Unread 11-06-2008, 11:50 AM   #758
Thrust
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Mine is due in today!! I ordered the kit from a local vendor with the 1.25" BL. In addition, I just mounted up my 33x12.50's on Cragar v5 black steel wheels. I'll be trying to get everything installed over the weekend. Pics will follow!!
Unread 11-07-2008, 06:24 PM   #759
jeep couple
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Those who have already installed their lift kit. Was it necessary to use an adjustable rear trac bar? Or did you not have that much shift in your axles?
2002 Jeep Wrangler TJ X; Smittybilt SRC front bumper, Warn M8000, 16x8 Rubicon Moabs on 31" Goodyear MTR's, 2.5" RC Proggressive lift, JKS Quick Disconnects, A to Z Rockers, Warn Steering Skid, 4WD rear bumper/tire carrier.

Buy local seafood and support your local fisherman!
jeep couple is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-07-2008, 07:35 PM   #760
abeshures
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I did not need am adjustable trac bar or the bracket you can buy. As far as I can tell the axle did not shift and if it did its not enough to notice. I plan on buying an adjustable trac bar just for piece of mind. Ive heard from other members how ever that their axle shifted enough so that they needed the bracket or an adjustable trac bar
abeshures is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-07-2008, 09:45 PM   #761
SKIBUMM
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Mine shifted about a 1/4 of an inch to the passenger side. Not enough to go with the adjustable trackbar
SKIBUMM is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-08-2008, 04:37 PM   #762
Brandon97TJ
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I just ordered my lift yesterday and it should be here in a few days so I'll post pics once I get this installed! How long did it take most people?
Brandon97TJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-08-2008, 04:57 PM   #763
pipelineaudio
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I called these guys friday from the number in this post. They were extremely helpful and cool. I will be ordering mine on monday
pipelineaudio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-09-2008, 06:37 PM   #764
PDoyle
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Just installed the lift!!! Rides much better than stock. Also installed Centec rotors and yellow pads.
Drove around about 1/2 hour. Needs an alignment but I'll wait a week or 2 and let the springs settle.
Problem- I had to take off the shift boot. I can't shift down with the boot on, and just found I can't shift into low in 4 wheel drive. I have a JKS 1"body lift and added the front pcs for the grill.
How do I solve this problem?
Unread 11-09-2008, 06:50 PM   #765
dbbd1

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDoyle View Post
Just installed the lift!!! Rides much better than stock. Also installed Centec rotors and yellow pads.
Drove around about 1/2 hour. Needs an alignment but I'll wait a week or 2 and let the springs settle.
Problem- I had to take off the shift boot. I can't shift down with the boot on, and just found I can't shift into low in 4 wheel drive. I have a JKS 1"body lift and added the front pcs for the grill.
How do I solve this problem?
There should be adjustment notes in the install instructions on how to adjust the 4low. Also, you may want to look at Advance Adapters or another mfg (that I cannot think of right now) for a transfer linkage adapter bracket.

The only problem that you have with anyone in this world, is what you expect of them.

Society is no match for a stupid person.

"Life Is tough but it is tougher when you are stupid"

-John Wayne
dbbd1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
2.2 performance shocks , 2.5" lift , progressive , rc , rc 2.5 , rcxtreme , rough country

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.