Rough Country 2.5 inch TJ lift kit. - Page 332 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Rough Country 2.5 inch TJ lift kit.

JK Front Lower Adjustable Control Arms!QTP Low Profile Cutouts Now @ MarylandSpeed- Free ShippingOPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!

Unread 04-24-2012, 09:49 AM   #4966
Muddeprived

Looks lifted now. How's it ride?

Flux Capacitor Heat Machine
Muddeprived is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2012, 09:59 AM   #4967
LBFam
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddeprived View Post
Looks lifted now. How's it ride?
It rides so much better than it did with the stock springs. Part of that due to the bumpstops that were on it keeping it from basically any travel at all. There now is much more travel with a much smoother ride. Now I am going to play with the adjustable shocks and find the optimum ride. Also, just the look of it has changed ten fold in my opinion.
LBFam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2012, 10:09 AM   #4968
Muddeprived

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBFam View Post
It rides so much better than it did with the stock springs. Part of that due to the bumpstops that were on it keeping it from basically any travel at all. There now is much more travel with a much smoother ride. Now I am going to play with the adjustable shocks and find the optimum ride. Also, just the look of it has changed ten fold in my opinion.
So everything else is stock except the bumpstops and shocks? No vibes?
Unread 04-24-2012, 11:53 AM   #4969
LBFam
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
So everything else is stock except the bumpstops and shocks? No vibes?
None at all *knock on wood
The only issue I had was that my front axle is a bit offset (can see it just by looking at it). The rear offset is not even noticeable. I will eventually get the front centered just to appease myself. But haven't noticed any types of vibes at all. And I've already put several hundred miles on it since I put in the coils.
LBFam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2012, 12:03 PM   #4970
1Bad
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I really hate my Rough Country lift. It is the worst decision I have made on my vehicle. The right side of my vehicle sits about and inch lower than the left after about a year of ownership, and Rough Country will not reply to my inquiries about if they can resolve the problem. I left it open asking if they can do anything to help me but they simply do not respond at all. Not to mention the shocks are **** too which creates a really terrible ride quality. Do yourself a favor and don't get this lift.
1Bad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2012, 06:29 PM   #4971
Muddeprived

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Bad View Post
I really hate my Rough Country lift. It is the worst decision I have made on my vehicle. The right side of my vehicle sits about and inch lower than the left after about a year of ownership, and Rough Country will not reply to my inquiries about if they can resolve the problem. I left it open asking if they can do anything to help me but they simply do not respond at all. Not to mention the shocks are **** too which creates a really terrible ride quality. Do yourself a favor and don't get this lift.
How did you contact them? I never had any issues with RC fixing a defective or worn part and I've spoken to them on the phone and their chat box on the website. They never reply to emails though unless it's to a specific person who actually gave it to me.
Unread 04-24-2012, 08:33 PM   #4972
Jake03TJ

2003 TJ Wrangler 

I really dislike my RC 2.5" SL as well. The shocks were terrible, they didn't last long at all. The ride was terrible, and the springs settled more than I had hoped...

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet." Major General James Mattis, USMC

"My God! How little do my countrymen know what precious blessings they are in possession of, and which no other people on earth enjoy!" Thomas Jefferson
Jake03TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2012, 09:00 PM   #4973
ospreyfe55
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Well so far I am happy with the way it looks and it doesn't ride that bad either. I just hope I don't have to many issues with the springs or shocks. I was told that RC just change manufactures for the springs and I got their new N2 shocks so I hope there won't be any sagging. For the price I paid for it I don't think it's much more than the stock stuff from the local parts store. But after having some issues up front(dw) I wish I had waitied and spent a little more on a better system!
ospreyfe55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2012, 12:52 PM   #4974
1Bad
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
How did you contact them? I never had any issues with RC fixing a defective or worn part and I've spoken to them on the phone and their chat box on the website. They never reply to emails though unless it's to a specific person who actually gave it to me.
I used the form on their website that comes up when you click contact.
1Bad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2012, 09:21 PM   #4975
Muddeprived

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Bad View Post
I used the form on their website that comes up when you click contact.
Yeah that's what I was referring to. They hardly ever respond to that for some reason. Their chat thing is good though.
Unread 04-26-2012, 09:10 AM   #4976
RCXTREME

Guys I don't frequent the forums as much as I used to so if you have an issue I don't know about it. I get on here everyday to check pm but don't check threads. Alot of times when you do the form over the web it will kick it to junk mail. So even though in today's email, txt message and live chat world sometimes the easiest solution is to just call us. 1-800-222-7023. Please just make sure you have your order information with you when you call.
Unread 04-29-2012, 05:27 PM   #4977
ospreyfe55
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Well finally got around to installing my 3.25 RC lift. Here it is sitting on my stock 30x9.50. I am impressed with the ride. I did have to buy a new adjustable track bar and got some new fat bobs garage LCA's. Over all if I had it to do all over again I would have gotten the 4" lift by RC. I started with about 10 1/4" of clearance measured off the skid plate and ended up with about 12 1/4" over all. I have noticed that the front sits lower than the rear but its hard to get a proper measurement. It seem the rear is about 3/4" higher than the front! I wonder if anyone else has had this issue and or what the fix is?

ospreyfe55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2012, 01:25 PM   #4978
TXST8tj
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ospreyfe55 View Post
Well finally got around to installing my 3.25 RC lift. It seem the rear is about 3/4" higher than the front! I wonder if anyone else has had this issue and or what the fix is?
Remove the rear 3/4" spacer
TXST8tj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2012, 07:19 PM   #4979
Muddeprived

Looks level to me.
Unread 05-01-2012, 10:41 AM   #4980
NYGLT56
Your Local Body Builder
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake03TJ View Post
I really dislike my RC 2.5" SL as well. The shocks were terrible, they didn't last long at all. The ride was terrible, and the springs settled more than I had hoped...
The 2.2s are ****. So I run longer, better shocks. Ride was okay, until I upgraded CAs now its tight and sweet. And as the ride hight, Still sitting tall and flexing well.. 3 years strong. One of the best progressive rate coil IMO

"Courage Is Grace Under Pressure"- Ernest Hemingway

NYGLT56 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2.2 performance shocks , 2.5" lift , progressive , rc , rc 2.5 , rcxtreme , rough country

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.