Rough Country 2.5 inch TJ lift kit. - Page 330 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Rough Country 2.5 inch TJ lift kit.

New Product Release: Flowmaster Force II Dual Tailpipe AxlNew Product Release: Flowmaster Force II Dual Tailpipe AxlUSA Made JK Rear Axles!!! Revolution Gear and Axle

Unread 03-09-2012, 05:26 AM   #4936
4wdjeepguy
2005 LJ Wrangler 

4wdjeepguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2012, 01:19 PM   #4937
jknutter
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCXTREME
We now have our 2.5 inch lift kit out for the Jeep TJ. It consist of four progressive rate coils, four 2.2 performance shocks and t case spacers.

This kit retails at 299.95 but when you call me and mention being a jeepforum.com member you will recieve 10% off.

I will have video up shortly of how good the coils work.
I'm currently running this 2.5 inch lift and haven't had any issues with it but I've been thinking about updating to RC's new short arm 4 inch lift that retails for $499. Would a 10% discount apply to it also? If so I'll be calling you in the morning.

Jeff Knutter
Unread 03-18-2012, 03:37 PM   #4938
AFjeepMan
2005 TJ Wrangler 

^ Cavitation...I live in VT so I know what the winters are like around here, and my springs are also beginning to rust, but what I can say is that my dads JK stock springs are rusting too. It is in fact the nature of the beast living in the North East or any state where the roads are heavily salted. While I do not like it and wash my jeep regularly during the winter; I do not think it is fair to fault RC for the road hazards. I have no experience with other manufacturers springs, so I cannot speak to a comparison, but I have seen what it does to even stock components in just a year or two (springs, shocks, control arms). Also, I'm sorry to hear you had issues getting your shocks replaced because I called Jeffery and he sent out shocks and they were at my door two days later without proof of purchase or anything.

[COLOR="Red"][_l_[COLOR="black"],[/COLOR][____][COLOR="Black"],[/COLOR]
l----L - [COLOR="Black"]O[/COLOR]lllllll[COLOR="Black"]O[/COLOR]-[/COLOR]
(o)_) (o)_)--)_)

[COLOR="Green"]Wife≥Jeep>GF

Relearn your priorities.[/COLOR]

WANTED: SYE and cv shaft...good condition and good price. for a TJ with about 5-6" of lift.
AFjeepMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2012, 03:47 PM   #4939
Siva283
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Keep your springs painted. It keeps the rust away

[QUOTE=Magnum;14117863] I gave the Jeep the required offering of $$, sweat, and blood, and everything works fine now. -- Jim[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=ldso;16498409]. It started with a $200 axle, and a few thousand dollars later I was done :)[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Luuca;16122017]diagnose the real issue before you start going all Obama on it - spending mad cash you'll need for other important things.

Ask me how I know...[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Overhead;17658665]this is also my second set of RC springs this year. I'd rather spend the money again and get something that will last.[/QUOTE]
Siva283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2012, 04:00 PM   #4940
PDoyle
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Even clear coating them.
Unread 03-18-2012, 05:34 PM   #4941
BobA
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavitation View Post
My springs and shocks have just begun to rust. This is the second winter they have seen in Maine. And I have two blown 2.2 shocks. I can not find my proof of purchase so they will not help make good on it. I will shop else were from now on. I have purchased about $1000 worth from RC. Looking back at it they just do not quite have the quality to make it worth while. If stuff did not rust out as fast and they made good on the shocks I would be much happier. I used to defend them but not anymore. They are what they are and you get what you pay for.

AL
Do you take your jeep offroad? If your jeep is offroaded how long is a shock supposed to last? Do you have your jeep properly bumpstopped? A shock can take alot of abuse when offroaded. Do you wash underneath after driving in roadsalt or mud etc.. so things wont rust? After 2 years of harsh use I would expect any shock to possibly have problems.

77 DJ5
Soon to be streetrod
BobA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2012, 07:21 PM   #4942
Muddeprived

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFjeepMan View Post
^ Cavitation...I live in VT so I know what the winters are like around here, and my springs are also beginning to rust, but what I can say is that my dads JK stock springs are rusting too. It is in fact the nature of the beast living in the North East or any state where the roads are heavily salted. While I do not like it and wash my jeep regularly during the winter; I do not think it is fair to fault RC for the road hazards. I have no experience with other manufacturers springs, so I cannot speak to a comparison, but I have seen what it does to even stock components in just a year or two (springs, shocks, control arms). Also, I'm sorry to hear you had issues getting your shocks replaced because I called Jeffery and he sent out shocks and they were at my door two days later without proof of purchase or anything.
My 99 TJ's stock springs (that's 13 winters) have not a spec of rust on em. I had Rusty's 3" HD coil springs on my XJ for 3 years and again, not a spec of rust except at the very bottom where it rubbed on the coil mount. I also ran skyjacker 2.5" springs on my old TJ back in early 2000 and they never rusted either but their shocks did instantly. It's just RC's crappy painting. The coils I got from them had what appeared to be one layer of paint on it. You can tell it was so thin just by looking at it.
Flux Capacitor Heat Machine
Muddeprived is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2012, 08:57 PM   #4943
Cavitation
1999 TJ Wrangler 

My Jeep is washed pretty frequently. I am not obsessed with it being clean but flush the frame out and I also spray it down underneath twice a year with used motor oil. The frame is in very good shape along with all the brackets and body. RC markets there shocks as a performance part for off road. I do not think The wheeling I do justifies blown shocks. I do stretch it out some on the trials but it is not overly abused. The pot holes and washboard roads in the winter and springtime Is probably what did in the 2.2 shocks. Now with all that said, these shocks had outstanding performance. They kept the rubber on the road and I liked them. Up until I took them off to put in new control arms and discovered how bad the had gotten.

AL
Cavitation is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2012, 09:21 PM   #4944
AFjeepMan
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobA

Do you take your jeep offroad? If your jeep is offroaded how long is a shock supposed to last? Do you have your jeep properly bumpstopped? A shock can take alot of abuse when offroaded. Do you wash underneath after driving in roadsalt or mud etc.. so things wont rust? After 2 years of harsh use I would expect any shock to possibly have problems.
I wash my car on a more than regular basis all year round and after every trip off road trip which would be why the frame is still in pristine condition. And yes im bump stopped properly...actually almost an inch on the safe side. I have no qualms about how things are going as I know that you cannot expect shock bodies not to rust in vt, and as long as the rust on the springs is just superficial and not structurally concerning I don't care about how they look.

[COLOR="Red"][_l_[COLOR="black"],[/COLOR][____][COLOR="Black"],[/COLOR]
l----L - [COLOR="Black"]O[/COLOR]lllllll[COLOR="Black"]O[/COLOR]-[/COLOR]
(o)_) (o)_)--)_)

[COLOR="Green"]Wife≥Jeep>GF

Relearn your priorities.[/COLOR]

WANTED: SYE and cv shaft...good condition and good price. for a TJ with about 5-6" of lift.
AFjeepMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-25-2012, 08:17 AM   #4945
TheBeeck
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Lift Questions

I have the RC 2.5 with 3/4 spacers in the front. It sat a little higher in the front before I put on the winch, bumper and 33s. I was thinking about a 4" spring or a spacer. Does any one have any ideas or thoughts on either and what size. I don't really want to change anything with the track bar and such.
TheBeeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-25-2012, 09:45 AM   #4946
4wdjeepguy
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Your going to have to play with your track bars.
Unread 03-25-2012, 01:38 PM   #4947
RPDjeep

2014 JK Wrangler 

I have had my RC 2.5" springs on for almost a month now, they ride great but appear to have settled/sagged in the front. Does this look normal?
front-spring-1.png   front-springs-2.png  

Previous:
'06 White TJ Sport, '05 KJ Liberty, '91 XJ
1*
RPDjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-25-2012, 01:40 PM   #4948
SFT2
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPDjeep View Post
I have had my RC 2.5" springs on for almost a month now, they ride great but appear to have settled/sagged in the front. Does this look normal?
Take a pic of the entire Jeep from the side, on level ground. I wound up with 4 cyl springs the first time and within in a month the front end had dropped about 3/4". It's dead level with 3/4" spacers in the front now (still haven't gotten a chance to swap springs).

You're the retarded offspring of five monkeys having butt sex with a fish-squirrel.
SFT2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-25-2012, 02:01 PM   #4949
RPDjeep

2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFT2 View Post
Take a pic of the entire Jeep from the side, on level ground. I wound up with 4 cyl springs the first time and within in a month the front end had dropped about 3/4". It's dead level with 3/4" spacers in the front now (still haven't gotten a chance to swap springs).
Both front springs look the same and are equal in measurement. I confirmed that I order the 6 cyl springs but I'm not sure what I actually came in the box.

Previous:
'06 White TJ Sport, '05 KJ Liberty, '91 XJ
1*
RPDjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-25-2012, 02:18 PM   #4950
4wdjeepguy
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I've only installed the rear 2.5" progressive coils, and I haven't noticed any sagging. They've been in use for several months now.

Tags
2.2 performance shocks , 2.5" lift , progressive , rc , rc 2.5 , rcxtreme , rough country

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.