Rough Country 2.5 inch TJ lift kit. - Page 235 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Rough Country 2.5 inch TJ lift kit.

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 12-18-2009, 12:21 PM   #3511
TheHeretic
Kool Kat 4x4

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussL View Post
I'm interested in this lift, but still sitting on the fence after spending several hours reading 150+ pages of posts. Based on what I've read, I'm not overwhelming convinced on the quality or value of this lift. Results seem to be all over the board. Some installations are smooth and perfect, many are not...unlevel Jeeps, shifting axles, leaking shocks, bulging springs, to name the more prominent problems. The major plus and saving grace seems to be the price and customer service from Jeff, respectively. Somebody please say something to push me over the fence, one way or the other.

I think your are forgetting that most of the people who install this lift themselves are not fully trained Mechanics. Though their comments are very helpful , many me have missed steps, or did not do something that a Pro Mechanic would see, and rectify before it became an issue. Like I said, the people in this forum are awesome, and I'm happy I found this site, just be careful of who's opinions you take as 'matter of fact'.

The only True Professional Mechanic in the Greater Toronto Area for Modified Jeeps, and trucks. If Rock Spyder hasn't seen it before, or done it before, you don't need it.

http://rockspyder4x4.com

http://koolkat4x4.org
TheHeretic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2009, 12:31 PM   #3512
finsout
2001 TJ Wrangler 

take the money you save from buying this kit and have a shop install it for you. you get the lift but you also get it installed correctly.
finsout is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2009, 12:56 PM   #3513
ThirdNcountin
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Just ordered the 3.25" for TJ. Arrives xmas eve!!
ThirdNcountin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2009, 12:58 PM   #3514
finsout
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdNcountin View Post
Just ordered the 3.25" for TJ. Arrives xmas eve!!
Mine should be in the week after Christmas but won't go on until 1/11 since that's when my 33s arrive.
finsout is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2009, 01:53 PM   #3515
ThirdNcountin
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Due to the bad economy the good ol' work bonus is going towards the lift. Hoping this will stimulate things. No more stock option for this ride.
Unread 12-18-2009, 05:45 PM   #3516
jackadf
1997 TJ Wrangler 

The UPS man just delivered mine today. I got it through the RC ebay store and saved 50 dollars. If it wasn't 5 degs outside I'd go put out it on, guess I'll wait for a warm streak.

Last edited by jackadf; 12-18-2009 at 05:46 PM.. Reason: spelling
jackadf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2009, 05:52 PM   #3517
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussL View Post
I'm interested in this lift, but still sitting on the fence after spending several hours reading 150+ pages of posts. Based on what I've read, I'm not overwhelming convinced on the quality or value of this lift. Results seem to be all over the board. Some installations are smooth and perfect, many are not...unlevel Jeeps, shifting axles, leaking shocks, bulging springs, to name the more prominent problems. The major plus and saving grace seems to be the price and customer service from Jeff, respectively. Somebody please say something to push me over the fence, one way or the other.
All of these issues have absolutely nothing to do with the RC components themselves. Learn a few things and you'll be able to recognize issues with parts from issues with people or other elements.

Unlevel--all jeeps will sit unlevel front to rear unless you install less lift in the rear or more in the front. The rake from the factory is done for a reason. Get rid of it if you want, but don't blame RC.

Shifting axles--take a look at your track bars. Again, learn about suspension geometry or get under your jeep and open your eyes. This is not the fault of RC AT ALL. That's ignorant.

Leaking shocks--I'm assuming RC shocks aren't made in house. There are only a couple major shock manufacturers. Quality control is never, and will never be, 100% no matter where you go. **** happens. Call RC and get a new shock.
Quote:
Originally Posted by finsout View Post
take the money you save from buying this kit and have a shop install it for you. you get the lift but you also get it installed correctly.
If you can't install new springs and shocks, you don't need to own a jeep.
Imped is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2009, 06:00 PM   #3518
TheHeretic
Kool Kat 4x4

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by imped4now View Post
...If you can't install new springs and shocks, you don't need to own a jeep.
No COMMENT!

The only True Professional Mechanic in the Greater Toronto Area for Modified Jeeps, and trucks. If Rock Spyder hasn't seen it before, or done it before, you don't need it.

Unread 12-26-2009, 09:01 AM   #3519
TJ-Tim
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Rough Country closed today??? finally got enough money after christmas for my lift and no one is answering the phone! I don't think I can go on knowing I can't get my lift for another day AHHHHHHH!
Unread 12-26-2009, 10:04 AM   #3520
TheHeretic
Kool Kat 4x4

2005 TJ Wrangler 

I'm installing mine today. I'll post pics and such, which at the very least keep you amused until you are able to order your kit

Unread 12-27-2009, 06:59 AM   #3521
ThirdNcountin
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Installing the 3.25" RC and the front track bar is .25" from center... I can't drill a hole because it would just make a bigger hole with the existing hole mount. Should I just make the stock hole mount work? or buy an adjustable track bar? BTW cutting the old out is easier than wrenching. so far the jeep looks great.
Unread 12-27-2009, 07:23 AM   #3522
vilseck21
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by imped4now View Post
All of these issues have absolutely nothing to do with the RC components themselves. Learn a few things and you'll be able to recognize issues with parts from issues with people or other elements.

Unlevel--all jeeps will sit unlevel front to rear unless you install less lift in the rear or more in the front. The rake from the factory is done for a reason. Get rid of it if you want, but don't blame RC.

Shifting axles--take a look at your track bars. Again, learn about suspension geometry or get under your jeep and open your eyes. This is not the fault of RC AT ALL. That's ignorant.

Leaking shocks--I'm assuming RC shocks aren't made in house. There are only a couple major shock manufacturers. Quality control is never, and will never be, 100% no matter where you go. **** happens. Call RC and get a new shock.

If you can't install new springs and shocks, you don't need to own a jeep.
My RC shocks have gabriel stamped on the top,
vilseck21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2009, 08:01 AM   #3523
jerseyjeep22
1997 TJ Wrangler 

i installed my rc 2.5 the other day...looks great mounting black rock steelies and 32's tomorrow..pretty excited. my install went pretty well...we had a problem with the rear track bar so we didnt put the bracket in but my axle is pretty much dead centered so I'm not even going to bother. I also get minor vibes which i should be correcting today with a few washers above the skid. Overall a good kit. thanks RC
jerseyjeep22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2009, 12:20 PM   #3524
greasyrider
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyjeep22 View Post
mounting black rock steelies and 32's tomorrow..:
If you could post a few poser pics so I can see what to expect when I do mine I'd appreciate it.
greasyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2009, 12:24 PM   #3525
TheHeretic
Kool Kat 4x4

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Installed. What an awesome kit!

Tags
2.2 performance shocks , 2.5" lift , progressive , rc , rc 2.5 , rcxtreme , rough country

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.