Rough Country 2.5 inch TJ lift kit. - Page 17 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Rough Country 2.5 inch TJ lift kit.

We have Engo 10k Synthetic IN STOCK!!! Hurry while supplieCustom Axle Work at CCORJEEP Gear Change Packages From ROCKRIDGE 4WD. We Are DIFF

Unread 08-22-2008, 11:49 AM   #241
Zennashton
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane_huskey View Post
yeah i am hoping so. what i am really worried about is when i decide to get different bumpers, maybe a winch, chains, a full size spare... stuff like that, that i should already have, but don't .. i am worried that there wont be enough space in between my tires and fenders... but i'll wait and see how it works out before i decide to do anything else after this spring kit ... it's going on monday, so i'll make sure i throw some pictures up then...
Well you can add a spacer as long as afterwards you remain around under 3" it will be fine. I mean say you put on the lift and get 2.5" in front. Then add a winch and bumper that lowers your front to 2". Adding a 1/2 spacer to regain that 1/2 " would not hurt any thing at all cause your just back to 2.5".

Zennashton is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-22-2008, 11:59 AM   #242
shane_huskey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCXTREME View Post
Ok, for all the OME ???s. I am gonna try to get my hands on a set of their shocks and test them not only on a jeep, but see if I can get a shock test from our shock builder with a graph comparison. It may take a few weeks but I will try to get one as soon as possible.
i am pretty interested in the results also, but for a completely different reason. i don't give a damn about graph results, but i would like to hear some actual opinions from people who have put a few hundred miles on and off road with both kits. and i am not interested for the reasons of trying to decide which one i want. i have already bought the rc, i am just kidonf curious as to how many people would choose one over the other on or off road if they didn't know the brands... sortof like blind testing ... that would be interesting
'06 6cyl 6spd X - 2.5" Rough Country Progressive Springs, Rough Country Performance 2.2 Shocks and Steering Stabilizer, 1" PA BL, 1" JKS MML, 33x12.50 TrXus M/T's w/ Spidertrax 1.25" Spacers on 15x8 Ravines

JEEP is spelled wrong.. It should be spelled J-U-N-K
shane_huskey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-22-2008, 12:01 PM   #243
shane_huskey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zennashton View Post
Well you can add a spacer as long as afterwards you remain around under 3" it will be fine. I mean say you put on the lift and get 2.5" in front. Then add a winch and bumper that lowers your front to 2". Adding a 1/2 spacer to regain that 1/2 " would not hurt any thing at all cause your just back to 2.5".
thanks man, the information you have given me will most likely be of the utmost value when i start actually tearing this thing apart...
'06 6cyl 6spd X - 2.5" Rough Country Progressive Springs, Rough Country Performance 2.2 Shocks and Steering Stabilizer, 1" PA BL, 1" JKS MML, 33x12.50 TrXus M/T's w/ Spidertrax 1.25" Spacers on 15x8 Ravines

Unread 08-22-2008, 12:40 PM   #244
lactrain
2005 TJ Wrangler 

My install is complete .... Thanks Jeff (Rough Country) .. perfect!
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showt...93#post5605993

USAJEEPOWNERS.com
lactrain is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-22-2008, 01:25 PM   #245
shane_huskey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

lactrain's thread shows that he got 2" with this lift. is that how much i should expect with mine. or is an 05 rubicon that much heavier than an 06 x?

Unread 08-22-2008, 02:15 PM   #246
bman9089
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unlimited04 View Post
very interested in these results
x2.

For those of you wondering about the bracket vs. adjustable trackbars, here's a good thread on some of the benefits on adjustable bars:

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/do-i-need-adjustable-track-bar-448512/

The lift isn't that high up so they aren't really *needed* and could be bought later. That being said, when I installed my 2.5" lift I had much more than 1/8" of movement, both front and rear. 1/8" wouldn't hardly be noticeable to the eye and really isn't worth correcting. Mine had at least 1/2" - 3/4", which becomes obvious when your tires are sticking past the flares anyway.

Weight will play a huge part of this as weight plays a factor in how much lift you net. Brackets are designed to get your axles close. Obviously, if the bracket is designed for 3" of lift, and you were to net much more or less than that, then the bracket wouldn't be accurate.

I'd say it depends on your future plans. If you know that in a couple years or so you'll be modifying your jeep heavily, whether through armor or a taller lift, adjustable arms, get the trackbars. If you'll need them *soon*, then get 'em now and enjoy them now.

"The American Republic will endure, until politicians realize they can bribe the people with their own money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville

“Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it” -- Mark Twain

† Christian Jeep Club †
Romans 12:5 | 1 Peter 3:15 | Matthew 9:37-38
bman9089 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-22-2008, 02:22 PM   #247
shane_huskey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

so i don't think i will get the trackbars, b/c they certainly seem like a waste unless you are either going to make your jeep a true off road rig, or you just want a cooler signature than everyone else on jeepforum.com .... i'll also hold off on the bracket until i get the lift on and see if there is that much shift and if it needs to be corrected.. i have a feeling that i am not going to have much space between the rear tire and the spring perch so an 1/8th inch may not be all that bad, but 1/2-3/4 of an inch certainly would.

Unread 08-22-2008, 02:23 PM   #248
krawler510
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
lactrain's thread shows that he got 2" with this lift. is that how much i should expect with mine. or is an 05 rubicon that much heavier than an 06 x?
Nope. Heavier T-case, thats about it. And the spare, but looks like you are upgrading anyway. (I know the axles should be heavier but they don't add to the sprung weight)
Unread 08-22-2008, 02:54 PM   #249
shane_huskey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by krawler510 View Post
Nope. Heavier T-case, thats about it. And the spare, but looks like you are upgrading anyway. (I know the axles should be heavier but they don't add to the sprung weight)
i'm not upgrading my spare.. i am unbolting it and setting it in the garage. if/when i decide to buy some chrome soft 8's, i may buy a 5th and then call jc whitney back to get another trxus, but that is definately not in the very near future. in the mean time, when i go offroad, i'll bolt my stock (245/75r15 or something like that) back on and if i get a flat, i'll look like a ghetto jeep with hydraulics on it hobbling back to the house and wait until jc whitney sends me another trxus... i know, go ahead almighty 5,000 post people... tell me how inadvisable it is to not have a spare lol .. all joking aside, am i going to get 2" or 2.5" out of this lift?

Unread 08-22-2008, 04:00 PM   #250
Zennashton
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Shane Huskey wrote
Quote:
am i going to get 2" or 2.5" out of this lift?
That is a very good question. Hotwire said he got 2.75 in front and 2.25 rear. I am Suprised lactrain got 2" front and back.
Unread 08-22-2008, 04:07 PM   #251
shane_huskey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

well i guess monday, i will measure mine and see. maybe a rubicon doesnt have the stock rake that a regular tj has, or doesnt a rubicon have facoty armor like at the rockers and stuff .. and the heavier stock spare and all that .. dunno .. anyone, rest assured, i know how to use a tape measure, and i will measure mine before and after. although mine won't give true stock to lifted measurements b/c i have a body lift and 30's right now, the difference in height from where it is now versus where it will be post lift should be the same difference from bone stock to bone stock+lift...

Unread 08-22-2008, 04:08 PM   #252
shane_huskey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

zennashton,
sorry alittle off topic, but i just noticed that you are in nashville. i will be in smyrna from the 14sep-28sep. are there any places i should check out while im down there...

Unread 08-22-2008, 04:28 PM   #253
Claytonfrnk
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Hey guys, i have been in the field the last week, what did i miss? Sounds like you guys are bickering like school girls around page 10 or so. Anyone wondering, the kit rides awesome. with the front sway bar connected the rear is real flexy. i should have pics of this soon. This kit is worth the money and i recommend it to anyone. Why pay almost the same price for spacers when you can get real springs instead? that questions probably answers itself. And as for Dude "pimpin his product somewhere else" that is just bull****. Some of these guys were probably going to buy a BB ( cause apparently that is the cool thing to do) until they learned they could get 2.5 for the same price. (thats all she wants is 2.5 inches ), anyway just my 2 cents.

01 tj sport, 44 rear,2.5 Rough country coil lift, 35 12.50 tires, 5 spd, 4.0L, DIY Highline, 50,000 miles bought as salvage title for 4 grand.

Build thread: http://www.greatlakes4x4.com/showthread.php?t=160244
Claytonfrnk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-22-2008, 04:29 PM   #254
Marauder_Pilot

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Out of curiosity, how hard would you consider this kit to install, especially for someone who's never installed something like this before? I know my way around my Jeep for the most part, but I've never done anything this extensive on any vehicle. Would I be able to install it myself with the appropriate tools, or should I have a professional take care of it?
Marauder_Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-22-2008, 04:32 PM   #255
Zennashton
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
zennashton,
sorry alittle off topic, but i just noticed that you are in nashville. i will be in smyrna from the 14sep-28sep. are there any places i should check out while im down there...
Sent you a pm

Tags
2.2 performance shocks , 2.5" lift , progressive , rc , rc 2.5 , rcxtreme , rough country

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.