Rough Country 2.5 inch TJ lift kit. - Page 16 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Rough Country 2.5 inch TJ lift kit.

Metalcloak's Black Friday & Small Business Saturday SaNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 08-22-2008, 09:38 AM   #226
shane_huskey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zennashton View Post
Shane that ome bracket is made to align a 2.5" lift. Your axle will shift 1/8 of a inch with this lift according to RC.
We are talking tiny amounts here not 2". Thousands of people run 2" BB lifts an never add a thing to align their axle. On my last jeep I ran a 2" BB and didn't add on anything. Its really only a tiny amount but some people wont everything just perfect so ome sells a relocation bracket.
yeah i understood the part about it only being a small amount of shift, but i just didnt see anything on the quadratec site about how much shift the bracket is supposed to correct, so i didn't know how it would work if it was designed to be univiersal, or if you hooked it on to your track bar and then drill holes where you wanted to mount it or whatnot. what about the front axle, does it shift?

'06 6cyl 6spd X - 2.5" Rough Country Progressive Springs, Rough Country Performance 2.2 Shocks and Steering Stabilizer, 1" PA BL, 1" JKS MML, 33x12.50 TrXus M/T's w/ Spidertrax 1.25" Spacers on 15x8 Ravines

JEEP is spelled wrong.. It should be spelled J-U-N-K
shane_huskey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-22-2008, 09:40 AM   #227
JPcpa
2004 LJ Wrangler 

I'm interested in this lift, but don't understand how "every TJ is different" for the trackbar mis alignment. How can they be different? They all have the same centers on the trackbar, and if you move the diff down, it is going to get pulled over. This is simple geometry, isn't it?

I don't understand how a 2" BB would be any different than a 2" spring lift, all other things being equal. You are moving the diff down 2" for both, correct?

With my 2" BB on my '99 sport, the axle was moved over about 3/4 of an inch. For the cost of an adjustable track bar, I won't bother with a relo bracket. I have an adjustable bar new to install waiting for a lift.

So why is this lift so inexpensive? Are the springs and shocks Chinese, where the competitor's are Aussie or US? This is the question I keep waiting to be asked. I have some concerns about Chinese springs if so, but I am still very close to ordering this lift.
JPcpa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-22-2008, 09:44 AM   #228
shane_huskey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane_huskey View Post
that's good to know, anything else that i may have to look for .. i may or may not put 3/4" spacers on the top to net a total of 4.25" (in theory). would i need to look into control arms? i am not sure if i am going to get spacers or not yet, i am going to put the lift on and if i want just a little more space between the wheel and fender, i will...
anyone have an answer to this question? i know a few people have said they ran a 2" BB and didn't need anything else, but this is going to be about twice has high as a 2" BB, so if i need control arms before i put all this on, i would like to know, b/c this is after all my daily driver as well as my weekend warrior..
'06 6cyl 6spd X - 2.5" Rough Country Progressive Springs, Rough Country Performance 2.2 Shocks and Steering Stabilizer, 1" PA BL, 1" JKS MML, 33x12.50 TrXus M/T's w/ Spidertrax 1.25" Spacers on 15x8 Ravines

Unread 08-22-2008, 09:46 AM   #229
shane_huskey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

jpcpa, are you worried about your kids licking them and getting lead poisoning or more concerned with the chinese kids working in a sweat shop? lol sorry that was bad to type, but i have to do it anyway...

Unread 08-22-2008, 09:47 AM   #230
Zennashton
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
yeah i understood the part about it only being a small amount of shift, but i just didnt see anything on the quadratec site about how much shift the bracket is supposed to correct, so i didn't know how it would work if it was designed to be univiersal, or if you hooked it on to your track bar and then drill holes where you wanted to mount it or whatnot. what about the front axle, does it shift?
Ok I see what you mean, Even tho it dont say so on the site, that trackbar bracket is what comes with ome's 2.5" lift. Its not universal its only good for a 2.5" lift.
Zennashton is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-22-2008, 09:57 AM   #231
Zennashton
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
anyone have an answer to this question? i know a few people have said they ran a 2" BB and didn't need anything else, but this is going to be about twice has high as a 2" BB, so if i need control arms before i put all this on, i would like to know, b/c this is after all my daily driver as well as my weekend warrior..
Shane if you add 3/4" spacers then you now have a 3.25" lift that requires more parts. There is no getting around that. The point of staying below 3" is it requires less parts to drive corectly. If you wont 3" to 3.5" of lift look into the full traction 3" lift. But your back up to $700 after adding shocks to it.

This lift is priced an made to compete with 2" bb's.
Unread 08-22-2008, 10:00 AM   #232
shane_huskey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Ok I see what you mean, Even tho it dont say so on the site, that trackbar bracket is what comes with ome's 2.5" lift. Its not universal its only good for a 2.5" lift.
thanks for the clarification. now that being said, since i have a 1" body lift, and plan on 3/4" spacers, so would that have an adverse effect on it? i am thinking that the body lift doesn't make a difference as it on lifts the body and nothing else, but the spacers would effect it i am sure. that being said, if a 2.5" lift only moves the trackbar 1/8 - 1/4 of an inch, then 3/4" spacers on top of that would theoretically only move it 1/13 - 1/11 of an inch or so more, right?.. if that is the case, then i would say i am fine with the bracket, as long as it doesn't cause extress stress on anything that may cause breakage

Unread 08-22-2008, 10:03 AM   #233
Zennashton
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Yes the BL wont make any difference at all.
Unread 08-22-2008, 10:04 AM   #234
shane_huskey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Yes the BL wont make any difference at all.
so if i decide to put the 3/4" spacers on it, the trackbar bracket should still be fine, but would i then start getting into needing to buy other stuff like control arms and all that?

Unread 08-22-2008, 10:08 AM   #235
Zennashton
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
so if i decide to put the 3/4" spacers on it, the trackbar bracket should still be fine, but would i then start getting into needing to buy other stuff like control arms and all that?
Control arms should be fine, They start needing to be replaced at 3.5" an up. What you will prolly need to replace is the front track bar. an longer sway bar links.
Unread 08-22-2008, 10:18 AM   #236
RCXTREME

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Ok, for all the OME ???s. I am gonna try to get my hands on a set of their shocks and test them not only on a jeep, but see if I can get a shock test from our shock builder with a graph comparison. It may take a few weeks but I will try to get one as soon as possible.
RCXTREME is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-22-2008, 10:21 AM   #237
shane_huskey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

thanks, i'll start checking prices so i'll know what i am getting into if i do decide to do the 3/4" spacers. i am going to wait to see how the 2.5" looks with the 1" body lift, and if i want a little more room between the tires and fenders, then i may look into spacers.. i am hoping that the 1" body lift and 2.5" springs will make it sit exactly how i want since i haven't added anything heavy to it. other than my tool bag that weighs 30 or 40 lbs, there is nothing in the jeep that it didn't come with really. well little things like my camera, ipod, and stuff that is in the glove box...

update:
screw that. the thing i liked about the 3/4 inch spacers were the fact that i could get front and back sets for under 70 bucks. if you throw in longer sway bar links and a front track bar, and that throws like another 300 bucks on top of it. i need a freaking sugar mama...

Last edited by shane_huskey; 08-22-2008 at 10:29 AM.. Reason: update and changed **** to screw to avoid the *'s
Unread 08-22-2008, 12:18 PM   #238
Zennashton
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Yep 3" an up start costing a small fortune. You should be fine with 2.5 lift an a 1" bl and 33" tires. Thats what I'm doing.
Unread 08-22-2008, 12:37 PM   #239
shane_huskey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Yep 3" an up start costing a small fortune. You should be fine with 2.5 lift an a 1" bl and 33" tires. Thats what I'm doing.
yeah i am hoping so. what i am really worried about is when i decide to get different bumpers, maybe a winch, chains, a full size spare... stuff like that, that i should already have, but don't .. i am worried that there wont be enough space in between my tires and fenders... but i'll wait and see how it works out before i decide to do anything else after this spring kit ... it's going on monday, so i'll make sure i throw some pictures up then...

Unread 08-22-2008, 12:46 PM   #240
Unlimited04
This post/info=my opinion

2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCXTREME View Post
Ok, for all the OME ???s. I am gonna try to get my hands on a set of their shocks and test them not only on a jeep, but see if I can get a shock test from our shock builder with a graph comparison. It may take a few weeks but I will try to get one as soon as possible.
very interested in these results
Unlimited04 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
2.2 performance shocks , 2.5" lift , progressive , rc , rc 2.5 , rcxtreme , rough country

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.