Rough Country 2.5 inch TJ lift kit. - Page 15 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Rough Country 2.5 inch TJ lift kit.

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 08-21-2008, 09:45 AM   #211
PC Doc
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Si1ver03Rubicon View Post

They should be in one of the plastic bags I believe.
Must have missed them. Too many beers last night.

PC Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2008, 09:50 AM   #212
Zennashton
2005 TJ Wrangler 

The only thing you need to do Is get an alignment after the lift. You can buy http://www.quadratec.com/products/16090_100.htm To recenter your rear axle but you can add that at any time. There is not any other products required to drive it. There are many parts you might like to add like quick disconnects and such but they are not required. Keep in mind you axle's are only moving a very small amount. Less then .25 of an inch I would say.

Last edited by Zennashton; 08-21-2008 at 10:19 AM..
Zennashton is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2008, 10:14 AM   #213
RCJEEP
Vendor

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zennashton View Post
The only thing you need to do Is get an alignment after the lift. You can buy http://www.quadratec.com/products/16090_100.htm To recenter your rear axle but you can add that at any time. There is not any other products required to drive it. There are many parts you might like to add like quick disconnects and such but they are not required.

The rear axles on our test jeeps only shifted 1/8th inch. These Jeeps have been on the road for months, with no problems.

If needed, a bracket can be added at anytime

http://www.roughcountry.com
RCJEEP is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2008, 01:15 PM   #214
hotwiredxj
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahgnillig View Post
If I wanted to buy this kit with the aim of running 33x12.5s, would I need bumpstop extensions? I already have 1" BL kit on the Jeep.
I am running this kit and a 2" BL with 33s and no bumpstops...at all.
hotwiredxj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2008, 01:18 PM   #215
hotwiredxj
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Can you be specific? Comparable in what sense? A little firmer than stock, or a little softer than stock? Paint a picture, as I think that would help a lot of people.
Specifically, This kit rides a little stiffer then stock with 90k miles on it, so...If I would have bought my wrangler new, I would say this kit rides exactly like stock. If I air my 33s down to 20psi, then it rides softer then stock.
hotwiredxj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2008, 03:20 PM   #216
Si1ver03Rubicon
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCJEEP View Post
The rear axles on our test jeeps only shifted 1/8th inch. These Jeeps have been on the road for months, with no problems.

If needed, a bracket can be added at anytime
Ditto no problems here with axle centers. I wont be spending money on track bars or brackets anytime soon.
Si1ver03Rubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2008, 03:44 PM   #217
shane_huskey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

that's good to know, anything else that i may have to look for .. i may or may not put 3/4" spacers on the top to net a total of 4.25" (in theory). would i need to look into control arms? i am not sure if i am going to get spacers or not yet, i am going to put the lift on and if i want just a little more space between the wheel and fender, i will...
'06 6cyl 6spd X - 2.5" Rough Country Progressive Springs, Rough Country Performance 2.2 Shocks and Steering Stabilizer, 1" PA BL, 1" JKS MML, 33x12.50 TrXus M/T's w/ Spidertrax 1.25" Spacers on 15x8 Ravines

JEEP is spelled wrong.. It should be spelled J-U-N-K
shane_huskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2008, 07:45 PM   #218
Pfeifferj
1985 CJ7 

Hey Jeffrey what are your hours?
Pfeifferj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2008, 08:17 PM   #219
MercuryTec
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I not sure on this but i Run OME Id say its ok but i would think RC would ride a little better do to the proggressive Springs . Not complaining bout my OME Cuase its nice but Would think these may just ride better on the road . And this Kit basicly the same as OME cept for Relocation bracket . I know i didnt get coil isolator's or T/c Drop with my OME kit . Just My opinion though
MercuryTec is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2008, 08:26 PM   #220
alex71
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bman9089 View Post
Can you be specific? Comparable in what sense? A little firmer than stock, or a little softer than stock? Paint a picture, as I think that would help a lot of people.
Man will you let it go. Just because you spent a lot of money on bolt on parts that you have learned about over the past 2 years doesn't mean that you are the expert on lifts. I dont know whether to feel sorry for you seeing you have over 4000 posts in 2 years, you really don't have anything better to do do you? Have you ever had a kit besides yours? Have you ever had a RC lift? Or do you just say what you here and spread the word because you have heard it? I think the kit is a good idea, perfect for people who want a BB but with new coils. OME is overpriced but they do have some of the best shocks out there. It is starting to get old when people who really dont have a clue about other kits or other products but because they are web wheelers think they are the know everything post up this crap trying to poke at other kits that they dont have.

Vote for TJOFTY!
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/tj...18/index9.html
alex71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2008, 09:35 PM   #221
bobsled84088
2001 TJ Wrangler 

[QUOTE=alex71;5603377]Man will you let it go. Rest of rant snipped

Alex I am interested in the exact questions that BMAN asked .
I want to know how this kit works before I put my money down.
bobsled84088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2008, 10:26 PM   #222
Si1ver03Rubicon
2003 TJ Wrangler 

[QUOTE=bobsled84088;5603719]
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex71 View Post
Man will you let it go. Rest of rant snipped

Alex I am interested in the exact questions that BMAN asked .
I want to know how this kit works before I put my money down.
Here's the answer to your question......

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showp...&postcount=209
Si1ver03Rubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2008, 11:49 PM   #223
bman9089
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex71 View Post
Man will you let it go. Just because you spent a lot of money on bolt on parts that you have learned about over the past 2 years doesn't mean that you are the expert on lifts. I dont know whether to feel sorry for you seeing you have over 4000 posts in 2 years, you really don't have anything better to do do you? Have you ever had a kit besides yours? Have you ever had a RC lift? Or do you just say what you here and spread the word because you have heard it? I think the kit is a good idea, perfect for people who want a BB but with new coils. OME is overpriced but they do have some of the best shocks out there. It is starting to get old when people who really dont have a clue about other kits or other products but because they are web wheelers think they are the know everything post up this crap trying to poke at other kits that they dont have.
Let what go? I'm not poking at RC, I'm asking a pertinent question which no one else has asked, and that was for RC to go into detail of how their shocks compare to OEM. If anything, listing specifics will help people make choices, and help them hopefully get some sales. They answered (thanks Jeff), that furthers this thread and is productive. What's so hard to understand about that?

I didn't know what an axle was when I joined, JF, so yeah, I've asked a lot of questions and learned a lot of things over the past couple of years, hence the # of posts. I also spend time here giving back, by answering simple questions which is universal knowledge that newbies don't know (like I didn't know when I first joined).

I wheel monthly, and just got back from a week long trip to Ouray. So stop picking fights, because you don't know me.

If the mods would like to delete both posts to keep this thread on topic, feel free too.

"The American Republic will endure, until politicians realize they can bribe the people with their own money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville

“Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it” -- Mark Twain

† Christian Jeep Club †
Romans 12:5 | 1 Peter 3:15 | Matthew 9:37-38
bman9089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2008, 08:11 AM   #224
shane_huskey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

wtf so much whining going on that i had to go back up and read what made me think of my question originally...

anyway on to the question...
the ome relocation bracket sounds like a pretty good alternative to the adj track bars, and is more along the route that i intend to go with, but here is my question. since every jeep is different and every lift is different and everyone does different things to their lift, wont their rear axle shift different amounts? that being said, would a standard bracket really put it back to center. i mean if a guy puts 6 inch's of lift on, his axle shifted 2 inches, and then decides to use the bracket (i know he wouldn't, but just if he did) would it make his axle go right back tot he same place as the guy with a 2 inch lift and only got 1/4 inch of axle shift?

sorry need to ask another question. i noticed on the rusty's site that it says if you use relocation brackets that it will either cause stress cracks on the frame rails or puts the track bar at a worse angle and loosens up (now i am not saying rusty's is the be all know all, b/c i am sure most of you have read about my experience with rusty's, but i can still use his information, right maybe i will get $100 worth of information to cover the 100 bucks that he didn't refund...) so is that true, or is it negligible?
'06 6cyl 6spd X - 2.5" Rough Country Progressive Springs, Rough Country Performance 2.2 Shocks and Steering Stabilizer, 1" PA BL, 1" JKS MML, 33x12.50 TrXus M/T's w/ Spidertrax 1.25" Spacers on 15x8 Ravines

JEEP is spelled wrong.. It should be spelled J-U-N-K
shane_huskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2008, 08:29 AM   #225
Zennashton
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Shane that ome bracket is made to align a 2.5" lift. Your axle will shift 1/8 of a inch with this lift according to RC.
We are talking tiny amounts here not 2". Thousands of people run 2" BB lifts an never add a thing to align their axle. On my last jeep I ran a 2" BB and didn't add on anything. Its really only a tiny amount but some people wont everything just perfect so ome sells a relocation bracket.
Zennashton is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2.2 performance shocks , 2.5" lift , progressive , rc , rc 2.5 , rcxtreme , rough country

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.