Rough Country 2.5 inch TJ lift kit. - Page 14 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Rough Country 2.5 inch TJ lift kit.

CCOR is your 1 stop source for everything Jeep!TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGSteinjager TJ tube doors

Unread 08-20-2008, 06:52 PM   #196
PC Doc
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Anyone have an issue with the shocks they sent you? I think that fork bracket that goes in the bottom eyelet of the front shocks got pressed into my rear shocks. LOL Maybe i'm just missing something here...

PC Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2008, 08:07 PM   #197
bman9089
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCJEEP View Post
If OME has a comparable to stock ride. I would suggest that Our 2.5" is comparable.
Can you be specific? Comparable in what sense? A little firmer than stock, or a little softer than stock? Paint a picture, as I think that would help a lot of people.

"The American Republic will endure, until politicians realize they can bribe the people with their own money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville

“Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it” -- Mark Twain

† Christian Jeep Club †
Romans 12:5 | 1 Peter 3:15 | Matthew 9:37-38
bman9089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2008, 08:55 PM   #198
Zennashton
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unlimited04 View Post
true, but you can get damn close on www.redrock4x4.com or www.northridge4x4.com, or www.4x4rockshop.com
You mean with the add on options? just like you can add on to any basic kit? I dont see the difference?
Zennashton is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2008, 09:18 PM   #199
Si1ver03Rubicon
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PC Doc View Post
Anyone have an issue with the shocks they sent you? I think that fork bracket that goes in the bottom eyelet of the front shocks got pressed into my rear shocks. LOL Maybe i'm just missing something here...

Thats how mine were and went in without a hitch. Just gotta rotate them obviously.
Si1ver03Rubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2008, 12:03 AM   #200
DINOCAVE
formerly CPT Jeep

2005 LJ Wrangler 

This is a long thread and I don't have time to wade through.

Bottom line it for me. Would these springs be too stiff for a 4 cyl soft top? How much for only the front and rear springs, shipped to 96789 (Hawaii)?
DINOCAVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2008, 12:48 AM   #201
mahgnillig
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by john NC View Post
with a 1" BL and bumpstop extensions you could clear 33s

i run this set up (OME springs) with 2" extended bumpstops front and rear and it doesn't rub at full flex on 33x10.5 tires
If I wanted to buy this kit with the aim of running 33x12.5s, would I need bumpstop extensions? I already have 1" BL kit on the Jeep.
mahgnillig is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2008, 01:54 AM   #202
john NC
1979 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahgnillig View Post
If I wanted to buy this kit with the aim of running 33x12.5s, would I need bumpstop extensions? I already have 1" BL kit on the Jeep.
if your wheels have proper backspacing than you will need extended bumpstops. i used the rear ones from my BB, but i'm pretty sure you can order them directly from rubicon express for about $30. for the fronts, i just jb welded 2 hockey pucks to the spring perch

this is assuming you disconnect the sway bar when you're offroading too
john NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2008, 08:19 AM   #203
Si1ver03Rubicon
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahgnillig View Post
It would be close. My buddy has a 3" BB w/ 2" bump stop extensions f/r and barely rubs his 33's.

I'd say w/ the RC 2.5 + 1" BL & 1 or 2" bump stop extensions you'd be golden. If you don't disco you could probably make it without. Also if you don't have vibes you could use some spacers from the tcase drop w/ longer bolts as bump stop extensions.
Unread 08-21-2008, 08:27 AM   #204
PC Doc
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Si1ver03Rubicon View Post
Thats how mine were and went in without a hitch. Just gotta rotate them obviously.
But aren't those fork brackets on the wrong shocks? How do I switch them?

Unread 08-21-2008, 08:32 AM   #205
Zennashton
2005 TJ Wrangler 

The rear shocks has those brackets also at the top. it looks like you are just missing the bar pins for the front shocks.
Zennashton is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2008, 08:45 AM   #206
PC Doc
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Ok, that makes sense. I quickly looked at the rear shocks but saw the bottom had a bolt run through it so I figured both the top and bottom of the rears were the same.
Unread 08-21-2008, 09:02 AM   #207
Si1ver03Rubicon
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zennashton View Post
The rear shocks has those brackets also at the top. it looks like you are just missing the bar pins for the front shocks.

They should be in one of the plastic bags I believe.
Unread 08-21-2008, 09:20 AM   #208
shane_huskey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

i am installing this kit on monday, with TrXus M/T 33x12.50's .. my jeep is mainly a daily driver, with some trail and rock time on the weekends, but i wouldn't call it a true weekend warrior, as i am not one to go and do stuff that may prohibit me from being able to drive to work the following monday. i know, that isn't really the outlook to have if you are a true "jeeper" but it is how i have to have things work in order to have fun and still be able to get back and forth to work. that being said, i don't hit trails that i need to disconnect my swaybars or anything like that, so is there anything else that i am going to need to do after i install this? i understand that my axles will shift, and if i can get away with using a bracket, i would rather do that than spend 150 on an adj bar. so if someone could tell me exactly what i need to grab to make everything go back to right after i get lifted, that would be a great help. keep in mind, soldiers don't make a ton of money, so the cheaper the better, but i am also not the type to get junk just to save a few bucks. i know this is a complete new guy type request, but if someone has a little time on their hands, some suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
'06 6cyl 6spd X - 2.5" Rough Country Progressive Springs, Rough Country Performance 2.2 Shocks and Steering Stabilizer, 1" PA BL, 1" JKS MML, 33x12.50 TrXus M/T's w/ Spidertrax 1.25" Spacers on 15x8 Ravines

JEEP is spelled wrong.. It should be spelled J-U-N-K
shane_huskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2008, 09:22 AM   #209
RCJEEP
Vendor

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bman9089 View Post
Can you be specific? Comparable in what sense? A little firmer than stock, or a little softer than stock? Paint a picture, as I think that would help a lot of people.
I am using "comparable to stock" to be safe. We have tested this kit on several Jeeps and have gotten lots of comments. Everyone agrees that it is at least as good as stock. Some say "better than stock". The shocks are actually valved based on a stock shock, then tuned to compliment the progressive springs. The springs are progressive, so the first inch of compression is a touch softer than the stock spring.

We don't have an OME kit around to compare. Even if we could... I think it would be close and would probably vary between opinions. I am hoping that we get some opinions from the guys that have installed the kits.

http://www.roughcountry.com
RCJEEP is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2008, 09:38 AM   #210
Ch3nz3n
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane_huskey View Post
my jeep is mainly a daily driver, with some trail and rock time on the weekends, but i wouldn't call it a true weekend warrior, as i am not one to go and do stuff that may prohibit me from being able to drive to work the following monday. i know, that isn't really the outlook to have if you are a true "jeeper" but it is how i have to have things work in order to have fun and still be able to get back and forth to work. that being said, i don't hit trails that i need to disconnect my swaybars or anything like that, so is there anything else that i am going to need to do after i install this? i understand that my axles will shift, and if i can get away with using a bracket, i would rather do that than spend 150 on an adj bar. so if someone could tell me exactly what i need to grab to make everything go back to right after i get lifted, that would be a great help.
Ditto... I was wondering the same thing.
Ch3nz3n is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2.2 performance shocks , 2.5" lift , progressive , rc , rc 2.5 , rcxtreme , rough country

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.