Rough Country 2.5 inch TJ lift kit. - Page 11 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Rough Country 2.5 inch TJ lift kit.

Ring & Pinion's, Lockers, 4340 Axles, Install Kits, Ba~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 08-19-2008, 10:13 AM   #151
bobsled84088
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bman9089 View Post
Alot of good advice snipped

There's my little rant. Take it or leave it. I haven't run RC before, for a reason. Over the past couple years on here, including the time investigating lifts, RC had some of the worst comments I had seen. Stuff like the ride is brutal, or people had replaced nearly every part in the kit over time. Just do a search. No personal experience here, so take it with a grain of salt. Just search around and see what you can find. Perhaps things have improved? Hopefully. I don't like reading bad news about other people's vehicles, and I hate seeing newbies jumping all over a company because the price is low. Anyways, it was just enough to keep me away. The 2.2 shocks are different so perhaps some things have improved. Hope so. Time will tell.

BMAN makes alot of sense.

Think about what he said before dismissing him .
He talks about his lift as being a complete lift, it is.This RC lift is not complete, but it is what it is,low priced.
He did not say the lift is bad. The shocks are new and there is not alot of informed opinions being expressed about them ( yet).

Bman is just sending out a warning about not doing research before making major purchases based only on price.

bobsled84088 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-19-2008, 10:19 AM   #152
jim_bert
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobsled84088 View Post

He talks about his lift as being a complete lift, it is.This RC lift is not complete, but it is what it is,low priced.
He did not say the lift is bad. The shocks are new and there is not alot of informed opinions being expressed about them ( yet).

Bman is just sending out a warning about not doing research before making major purchases based only on price.
What, that you need to add to this lift, would make it complete?
jim_bert is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-19-2008, 10:25 AM   #153
RCXTREME

2000 TJ Wrangler 

This is a 2.5 entry level kit. Yes it is cheaper than the OME. It is just like any other kit, you can upgrade if you have the want or need. But it is very disrespectful of bman to come into my thread whenver he hasnt even ran any of my product and degrade it just b/c he chooses to run another brand.
RCXTREME is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-19-2008, 03:27 PM   #154
Narwhal
1983 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobsled84088 View Post

Read his post, he did say it was bad. His rant started because he thinks for some reason adding $30 spacers to a lift to compensate for extra weight as opposed to installing an entire taller complete lift is a bad idea. He never asked If I really wanted a taller lift or even wheeled enough to need or want all that comes w/ a complete lift. I bought the RC 2.5" lift because I didn't want a 4" lift. I did do my research, I had planned on a BB, so I don't give a s*** how this lift compares to a $800 OME lift (that happens to have all the same equipment), but I am pretty sure if you put it up against any $300 BB out there it will be outstanding in comparison.
Jeffery, sorry my simple question clogged up your thred. If it continues I will start a new thread just so we can all continue to argue.
Narwhal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-19-2008, 03:31 PM   #155
03_X
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Take your arguments else where...

Let's get back to the Rough Country 2.5" Progressive Lift Kit. How does it ride compared to other lifts?
03_X is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-19-2008, 03:46 PM   #156
Zennashton
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Rubi-Rubi
Quote:
I had planned on a BB, so I don't give a s*** how this lift compares to a $800 OME lift (that happens to have all the same equipment), but I am pretty sure if you put it up against any $300 BB out there it will be outstanding in comparison.

Bingo we have a winner! This lift is an fantastic alternative to a BB for just pennies more. I was gonna go with the 2.25 BB with skyjacker shocks before this came out. Wow I get a .25 more lift and Real springs. Once the word gets out about it why would anyone buy a BB?
Zennashton is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-19-2008, 04:14 PM   #157
skoke70

[QUOTE=RCXTREME;5592123]This is a 2.5 entry level kit. Yes it is cheaper than the OME. It is just like any other kit, you can upgrade if you have the want or need. But it is very disrespectful of bman to come into my thread whenver he hasnt even ran any of my product and degrade it just b/c he chooses to run another brand.[/QUOT
Your thread should have started in the vendor section, NOT TECH! I'm surprised the moderators have not banned you!!
1997 TJ SE, 175,000 5 speed. 8k on new engine. RE 4.5" long arm.1" PA BL, tera 4:1. 35"x12.5"x15" MTZ, fab tech front bumper, warn rear w/carrier. Currie rock sliders, D44 in rear w/ arb. 488 gears. TBT sports cage. currie tie rod.
skoke70 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-19-2008, 04:37 PM   #158
bman9089
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCXTREME View Post
But it is very disrespectful of bman to come into my thread whenver he hasnt even ran any of my product and degrade it just b/c he chooses to run another brand.
I have never seen, in my time here, ANY VENDOR come into a thread in TJ tech and start selling their product. This is not the place for it.

This is:

That's where you should be pushing your product.

I did not mean disrespect, and tried to make that clear. If people choose to disagree, that's fine. I really don't care.

"The American Republic will endure, until politicians realize they can bribe the people with their own money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville

“Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it” -- Mark Twain

† Christian Jeep Club †
Romans 12:5 | 1 Peter 3:15 | Matthew 9:37-38
bman9089 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-19-2008, 05:30 PM   #159
RYANR97
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I am glad that RCXTREME started this thread, and have no problem with RCXTREME posting his thread in the TJ Technical Forum. This thread has been very helpful in determining which lift would work best for me. In fact I purchased the RC 2.5 lift last week because of this thread and Jeffery was very helpful and knowledgeable when I called to order the kit. So thank you Jeffery for starting the thread!
RYANR97 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-19-2008, 05:47 PM   #160
03_X
2003 TJ Wrangler 

lets FINALLY get back to topic... PLEEEASSSEEE!!!!!

Now someone, this is a TECH question, how does it ride compared to other lift kits of its size?
03_X is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-19-2008, 05:51 PM   #161
grogie
M-F: Cell Block #4533

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RYANR97 View Post
I am glad that RCXTREME started this thread, and have no problem with RCXTREME posting his thread in the TJ Technical Forum. This thread has been very helpful in determining which lift would work best for me. In fact I purchased the RC 2.5 lift last week because of this thread and Jeffery was very helpful and knowledgeable when I called to order the kit. So thank you Jeffery for starting the thread!
I agree this has been a useful thread about options. It is certainly better then a BB. For any guys with a wife that in some way hates his Jeep, this is the right kind of price.

Yes, I'd like to hear more about the ride.

Red Jeep Club #345
2006 TJ Sport
2004 KJ Limited
2013 Off-Road Trailer

grogie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-19-2008, 06:04 PM   #162
jim_bert
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03_X View Post
lets FINALLY get back to topic... PLEEEASSSEEE!!!!!

Now someone, this is a TECH question, how does it ride compared to other lift kits of its size?
Agree, this kit has been selling pretty quickly, I ordered it saturday and it's already out of stock, so a lot of people are getting in on this and I'd like to hear about the ride...
jim_bert is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-19-2008, 06:15 PM   #163
PDoyle
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Seems like the next "upgrade " to this type of lift should be adjustable track bars ft and rr.
Unread 08-19-2008, 06:50 PM   #164
bandit455
1997 TJ Wrangler 

to phrase what bman is saying, this kit isnt prfect, but his isnt either, nor is any other kit under $2000 really.

in order for any lift to be perfect every suspension component with an adjustble or extended length piece, this is why so many people buy the more complete re 4.5" kit but swap out for the lower 3.5" spring when the are looking for a 3.5-4" lift. but even this kit doesn't come standard with an adjustable rear trackbar (many experience binding with the stock rear track bar and included bracket) or shocks.

so for rough country to put out a kit for less than half the price of ome's base kit and include everything that they do (minus the $16 rear track bar bracket) is great for our market and just goes to show how much interest there still is in a vehicle that isnt even in production any more.

like it has already been said on here the best way to lift on a budget is to stick to your build plan and try not to replace anything twice.
bandit455 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-19-2008, 07:52 PM   #165
Si1ver03Rubicon
2003 TJ Wrangler 

^ what are you talking about. The perfect lift is the lift that fills your needs. Not one that has adjustable everything. I choose to run the RC 2.5 kit, 31's, flex like crazy, and hit up as many rocks as I can. Does that mean it's not the perfect kit, hell no it's everything I want which makes it perfect for my application. Any other spam in this thread = Report button. I'm sure JF doesn't take bashing sponsors or their products lightly. Bman came in here talking about OME, NOT RCEXTRME. If you disagree keep your trap shut and post elsewhere.
Si1ver03Rubicon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
2.2 performance shocks , 2.5" lift , progressive , rc , rc 2.5 , rcxtreme , rough country

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.