Roof Racks - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Roof Racks

August special - FREE XJ Unibody stiffeners when you buy a~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!

Unread 10-03-2005, 04:40 PM   #1
YCP4x4

Roof Racks

Anyone have good/bad experiances with roof racks? I was looking at the wilderness one and i think it's probally going to be the one im going with. I mainly need it to carry my snowboards and all my camping gear. Any opinions?

Brian

oh, and ps, i got those pics working now

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2134769/1

YCP4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2005, 05:07 PM   #2
Frooch

Hey I think I saw you a few weeks back in North Jersey. I recognize the cowboy hat in your pics. I also see that you have Warnock tags which would make sense since I think I saw your rig about 5 miles West of that dealership. You had temp plates and so did I, another thing thats helping me to remember.

For topics sake... I'd like to know too.
Frooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2005, 05:12 PM   #3
YCP4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frooch
Hey I think I saw you a few weeks back in North Jersey. I recognize the cowboy hat in your pics. I also see that you have Warnock tags which would make sense since I think I saw your rig about 5 miles West of that dealership. You had temp plates and so did I, another thing thats helping me to remember.

For topics sake... I'd like to know too.
hm, a few weeks ago? I don't remember if i was home or not! lol i go to school in south Eastern pa. It's possible, i was down @ the dealership trying to get them to give me the darn soft top they owe me [ inwriting ]

YCP4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2005, 06:01 PM   #4
bradleyfitz

I have a Top Five rack and basket, which I'm happy with. Haven't had any problems with it, but it does rattle a little more than I'd like. A major bonus to the Top Five rack is you don't ever have to take the rack off to put up or take down the soft top, or to install the hard top (the rack is angled so the rear is higher).

The rack and basket are the most handy thing you can have for camping ... my dog now has room to stretch, lol.
bradleyfitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2005, 08:53 PM   #5
climber01

i have the olympic dave's rack on mine. the only thing i can say is that i like it, except for the fact that their powder coating or whatever works like crap and started to rust almost immediately. also, the install took forever. but its strong and i like it cause i can still drop my top.
climber01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2005, 09:46 PM   #6
Blu-Jacket
2009 JK Wrangler 

I use my hardtop for most of the year and have mounted a Thule system w/fairing on my TJ. The rack works great for hauling my Mtn bikes and kayak.........
Blu-Jacket is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.