Roof Rack - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Roof Rack

JK specific skid plates from Clayton Off Road Mfg.RCV Heavy Duty Axle Shafts Now Shipping at Baseline4x4.comStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 07-31-2012, 10:19 AM   #1
tbrown123
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Roof Rack

I'm starting to prepare my TJ for the winter, which includes buying a hard top. does anyone know of a hard top that is compatible with a roof rack? (ex:thule)

tbrown123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2012, 10:59 AM   #2
roundlitefan
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Just from personal experience, if you ever wheel or take your Jeep on any forested trails, I would highly recommend you rethink the roof rack idea.

When I had one (it came on my Jeep) it was a tree magnet, it caught every limb or branch, and was smacked against several trees when crawling over obstacles that put me off camber.

There are several options for cargo rather than a roof rack, including the receiver mounted cargo baskets that you can remove when not using, or a small pull behind trailer (This is what I take camping, and I unhook it at the campsite before wheeling.) Personally I found the roof rack to be a PITA to load and unload, and highly undesirable when wheeling.
roundlitefan is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.