Roll/Sound Bar Covers? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Roll/Sound Bar Covers?

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 06-17-2008, 03:39 AM   #1
speedytimzalez
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Roll/Sound Bar Covers?

Is there an alternative to replacing my sound bar cover other than replacing the whole sound bar?
Also, anyone know where I can get some funky colored roll bar covers?

speedytimzalez is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-17-2008, 05:23 AM   #2
______

I'm beginning to sound like the krylon salesperson here, but....

you can paint your soundbar cover and rollbar padding with rattlecan. I did mine black, but I suppose that there are a rainbow of possibilities as far as colors go. But they do sell camo colored ones in any of the jeep mags
______ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-17-2008, 06:23 AM   #3
BChamberlin
Web Wheeler

1999 TJ Wrangler 

I thought I posted this before but it looks like it didn't take. You can just spray the fabric? I'm thinking about taking my pads off because I like the look... however my soundbar padding is fadded and I can't find wedges that would fit my speakers.
BChamberlin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-20-2008, 12:08 PM   #4
BChamberlin
Web Wheeler

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Not sure if it was in this thread but someone suggested fabric paint for the faded pads and roll bars. I took all the padding off and love the look but I did spray my soundbar cover and it turned out great. Thanks for the suggestions.
BChamberlin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-20-2008, 12:11 PM   #5
gily25
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Is this a duplicate thread? I suggested using the old fabric as a template; buy new fabric, cut it, and have a chick who sews stitch it up for you.

There was a company making replacements, unfortunately the other day I looked and couldn't find them. Sewing a new one...or the paint...best choices, good luck!
gily25 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.