Roll Cage, Tube Fenders - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Roll Cage, Tube Fenders

Currie Antirock, Currectlync & Lift Kits on Sale!Oconee Off-Road Free Shipping Lifts Tires Bumpers Tops andIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 02-22-2010, 05:02 PM   #1
robfl
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Roll Cage, Tube Fenders

What is the best full roll cage kit available on the market other than Poison and Genright?
How do bolt on kits compare?
What is the best mount? Floorboard, Through the dash, or on the side of the dash?

Has anyone made their own tube fenders? How hard are they to make vs. buying them?

Thank you in advance.

Rob

robfl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-22-2010, 05:12 PM   #2
LilViper95
Web Wheeler

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Rob, I have made tube fenders. They are not difficult to make so long as you have the proper tools. I personally have access to a body shop that is equipped with a jd squared tubing bender, plasma cutter, welder and other fabrication equipment. It is a very time consuming deal the first time or two and dont expect to get the bends right on the first attempt, so plan on more materials than you really need! If I can find the pictures I will post up the fenders I built for a friends TJ. He only had maybe 70 dollars in materials, but we spent the better part of two days building them.

My Attempt at a Wrangler YJ Unlimited

No Stretch TJ Build For The Wife
LilViper95 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-22-2010, 05:13 PM   #3
lumpster
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

I like the poly performance full cage. Rokmen makes nice tube fenders

I would want tubing to the floor, with a frame tie in for my cage, i dont care for the bolt to the dash design.

Want to STOP?

Edited
lumpster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
flat fenders , roll cage , rollcage , tube fenders

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.