Rokmen vs. BDS Control Arms? - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Rokmen vs. BDS Control Arms?

ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WDThe NEW Revolution Gear and Axle from 4LowParts.com

Unread 09-08-2009, 10:30 PM   #46
mrblaine
Wizard of Brakes

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05RedRME View Post
If I were to get Rokmen arms with jj at each end, how would it ride on the street vs having the jj at only one end?
The JJ's would ride better.

Unread 09-09-2009, 08:15 AM   #47
05RedRME
2005 TJ Wrangler 

OK, thanks Blaine
05RedRME is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2009, 10:25 PM   #48
Deacon
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by imped4now View Post
Ideally, you want to set your wheelbase so that, when stuffed, the tire is centered in the wheel well. Therefore, the rear needs to be a little forward and the front a little rearward when sitting neutral.
I'd like to learn more about this. Why is that the case, exactly? I mean, isn't that what happens automatically when you add a suspension lift on stock arms, where the wheelbase is sucked in so that it's less than stock? Why wouldn't you simply want to push the wheelbase out to stock? Or beyond stock for that matter?

I've got the Teraflex 3" lift, and I'd always assumed that the reason you go with long arms or otherwise adjustable short arms is to help push out the wheelbase as far as you can practically go in order to have a better highway ride and waterfall tackling ability, etc. But since I really don't know what's going on here, an education would be appreciated
Deacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2009, 11:22 PM   #49
Apex
Recon death squad

2002 TJ Wrangler 

I pushed mine about 1/2" past stock with my adjustable SA...am I in the wrong here?

Current vehicles: 06 F250 Superduty - 6.0L PSD Straight piped and tuned
03 CBR600RR -1 +2, Yoshi'd & Battlaxed

Quote:
Originally Posted by bddisi View Post
Finesse in crawling looks way cooler than momentum.
Apex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2010, 03:42 AM   #50
LKrux
1997 TJ Wrangler 

i would say, as long as you have your drive train angles right..pinion yoke to driveshaft angle, etc..

or before the slip yoke falls out
Unread 07-23-2010, 06:17 AM   #51
fowfiddy
1999 TJ Wrangler 

when the suspension is at compression the arm comes up and therefore gets longer. this pushes the tire to the front of the wheelwell or the opposite for the rear and you will lose up travel
fowfiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2010, 07:25 AM   #52
ekim

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumpster View Post
Ive never heard of anyone bending or breaking a currie. Yeah i would agree that maybe the Rokmens are extra weight, but if you like to overbuild, then having that extra weight that much lower is better than running steel corner armor or steel tube fenders like a lot of people do.
I've bent a Currie lower. I bent it back in a press. Now, it seems to be more prone to bending. I've had to bend it back 2 or 3 more times since the initial bend. I'll probably replace it with something beefier at some point. I've only had a "problem" with the one arm and don't feel a need to go and replace the others - just the problematic one.
ekim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2010, 08:41 AM   #53
mrblaine
Wizard of Brakes

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekim View Post
I've bent a Currie lower. I bent it back in a press. Now, it seems to be more prone to bending. I've had to bend it back 2 or 3 more times since the initial bend. I'll probably replace it with something beefier at some point. I've only had a "problem" with the one arm and don't feel a need to go and replace the others - just the problematic one.
It's going to fail with the repeated bending. When Gerald gets back, give him a call and explain things to him and he may be able to help.
Unread 07-23-2010, 08:47 AM   #54
UncleWilson

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekim View Post
The more times you bend it the weaker it will get. Try it with a paper clip. If you bend it a bunch of times it will break (also heats up-kinda cool). After you bend metal you need to do other manufacturing techniques to help it regain its material properties. I can't remember the term's and i'm not going to go find that book either. In the end when something bends it looses strength.

www.stu-offroad.com
TJ Alignment Videos
Currie Control Arms Install Tips
Off Road Tips Techniques

o[__Q_]o
(OIIIIIO)
[]==O==[]
UncleWilson is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bds , control arms , currie , rokmen

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.