rokmen or currie short arms - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > rokmen or currie short arms

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 12-25-2009, 09:23 AM   #1
pumpman55
2006 TJ Wrangler 

rokmen or currie short arms

need to get rid of REshort arm lift tired of changing the rubber bushings. they are the new bushings also lasted maybe 3 months. looking at the currie or rokmen they look beefy. if igo with flex joints both ends will the ride really suffer? do i need to stick with rubber or poly on one end? comments please

thanks steve

pumpman55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-25-2009, 09:37 AM   #2
LGriffith
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Flex joints on both ends won't make the ride suffer, and some say it can even make it better. Both are great companies. Throw this in th search or look at the "similar threads" section at the bottom of the page. There have been a few debates on this exact topic.

Merry Christmas
Unread 12-25-2009, 09:42 AM   #3
dendrophobe
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I don't think you can go wrong with either of those companies... I have the Currie arms, and I love them. PM provelogear for a great deal!

Merry Christmas!

2005 TJ Sport, Light Khaki Metallic
RE 3.5" coils, OME shocks, Currie control arms, JKS track bars, JKS 1.25” BL, JKS 1” BMML, 35x12.5x15 Goodyear MT/Rs, American Racing ATX Chamber (Teflon), JB Conversions SS SYE, Tom Woods driveshaft, Savvy Gas Tank Skid, Warn 9.5ti, Viking synthetic winchline w/safety thimble, Metalcloak bumper, Metalcloak steering box skid, Savvy rear bumper, HP30 w/Aussie Locker, Barnett cover, XRF ball joints, Savvy tie rod flip, mini-skids, housing end JJ's, , Currie Steering, OME steering stabiliser, Metalcloak Tube Fenders/rear flares/rocker guards, ORO SwayLOC, Banks Stinger Exhaust, Cobra 75 WX ST with Wilson Silver Load, S-POD, Alpine/MOPAR RB1 Navigation Unit w/MOPAR iPod integration, Superlift Truspeed speedo correction, Lightforce 140 Lance driving lights, OTRATTW switch panel, Tinted UPOL Raptor Liner, Savvy Black Magic brakes, Centric rotors, Superior Evo rear shafts

In the garage: Viking Offroad 350 series Hawse fairlead, ARB compressor, Savvy corner guards, Novak 231 cable shifter, EBC green stuff/Centric rotors (rear), Savvy tub rails, Savvy taillights
dendrophobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-25-2009, 09:57 AM   #4
LGriffith
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dendrophobe View Post
I don't think you can go wrong with either of those companies... I have the Currie arms, and I love them. PM provelogear for a great deal!

Merry Christmas!
x2 He'll hook you up! Provelogear or Gerald @ Savvy Off-Road
Unread 12-25-2009, 10:09 AM   #5
redsoxski
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Both good companies. I have the Rokmen ones and get a good ride and haven't had any problems...

Rokmen is pretty much a 2 guy shop and are really into customer service. Give them a call and they will discuss your concerns with you...
redsoxski is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-25-2009, 10:13 AM   #6
Savvy
Vendor
2014 JK Wrangler 

Your local to me. I guarantee that you'll love JJ on both ends. If you don't like them, I'll take them back within 30 days! No more squeaks and groans and better performance from a JJ. I can get you Currie Arms at a great price. Rokmen JJ arms are fine as well.

Email me for the fastest response: gman@savvyoffroad.com

Like us on Facebook FACEBOOK.COM/SAVVYOFFROAD

The ONLY place to get Savvy/Currie Lifts and parts! The best price and support!

Now with Lifetime Guarantee Lifetime Guarantee - See Here

http://www.savvyoffroad.com

Savvy Spartan 2004 LJ

2014 JKU Test Mule

2003 TJ Project Unrolled
2003 TJ Project Click Here
Savvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-25-2009, 10:30 AM   #7
Pillswoj
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Rokmen is definitely beefy, however as I have never heard of a currie arm bending I don't think it matters. Both use Currie Johnny Joints.
Unread 12-25-2009, 11:03 AM   #8
Dmcastino
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I say go Currie and get JJ's on both ends, you ride will not suffer. Just this weekend I drove Imped4now's Jeep and my Jeep basically back to back. We have the same RC2.5" springs and shocks, but Imped has Currie arms and I am still on stock arms. Both Jeeps weigh a similar amount, but his Jeep rides quite a bit better than mine in my opinion, and he is even on 35" mud tires, and I've got 33" all terrains.
Dmcastino is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.