Rokmen 'build your own front bumper' - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Rokmen 'build your own front bumper'

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineNEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WDSPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!

Unread 01-28-2011, 07:49 PM   #1
Lucille92
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Rokmen 'build your own front bumper'

Does anyone have a picture or review of the Rokmen 4" 'fab your own bumper'? I was thinking about getting one since there only about $100 but i would like to know what they look like on a jeep. Anyone have any pictures or reviews on them?

http://www.rokmen.com/tj_products/di...nt_bumper.html

Lucille92 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-28-2011, 07:53 PM   #2
freeskier93
Web Wheeler

1997 TJ Wrangler 

If your comfortable with welding that together, why not buy the steel yourself? They are literally charging you a ton for buying square steel tubing from them.

You could buy the steel from a metal shop and have them cut it for you for a lot cheaper that. That's the most basic design I have ever seen, they even give you most the dimensions.

You can probably find a 2x4x48 inch steel tube for just over 20 or 30 bucks, and get it in 1/4 which will literally make them bullet proof. Shackle mounts can be found anywhere.
freeskier93 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-28-2011, 07:56 PM   #3
Lucille92
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Thats why i wanted a picture to see if there was anything special about it or not
Unread 01-28-2011, 08:02 PM   #4
freeskier93
Web Wheeler

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille92 View Post
Thats why i wanted a picture to see if there was anything special about it or not
The most complicated part is the frame mounts, but all you would need is a piece of C steel.

Here's a mockup of my rer bumper, it's basically the same thing as my front bumper except the shackle mounts are farther apart and mounted where the frame rails are.

Edit: Oh, and it's 2" wide.

screen-shot-2011-01-28-8.01.17-pm.jpg
Unread 01-28-2011, 08:14 PM   #5
Knuckelhead
AFSOC Retired

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Does anyone have a picture or review of the Rokmen 4" 'fab your own bumper'? I was thinking about getting one since there only about $100 but i would like to know what they look like on a jeep. Anyone have any pictures or reviews on them?

http://www.rokmen.com/tj_products/di...nt_bumper.html
If you can weld, that's not a bad deal...IMO
Unread 01-28-2011, 08:19 PM   #6
Lucille92
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeskier93 View Post
The most complicated part is the frame mounts, but all you would need is a piece of C steel.

Here's a mockup of my rer bumper, it's basically the same thing as my front bumper except the shackle mounts are farther apart and mounted where the frame rails are.

Edit: Oh, and it's 2" wide.

Attachment 185607
That looks pretty good, how do you plan to attach it?
Unread 01-28-2011, 08:30 PM   #7
freeskier93
Web Wheeler

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
That looks pretty good, how do you plan to attach it?
Oh, they are a couple years old. This is a mockup I did along with a new rear crossmember because mine is destroyed.

But the front is mounted with two pieces of C metal cut to the size of the frame. Nothing fancy. They may not be the most complicated design, but I like how they look and are virtually indestructible. Here's a picture of of it on the Jeep, you can kinda see the mounts. Even this picture is almost a year old because the Jeeps not even the same color anymore...

dscn0691.jpg

Seriously OP, if you have a good metal shop around you, you can probably save 25-35 bucks.
Unread 01-28-2011, 08:47 PM   #8
Lucille92
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeskier93 View Post
Oh, they are a couple years old. This is a mockup I did along with a new rear crossmember because mine is destroyed.

But the front is mounted with two pieces of C metal cut to the size of the frame. Nothing fancy. They may not be the most complicated design, but I like how they look and are virtually indestructible. Here's a picture of of it on the Jeep, you can kinda see the mounts. Even this picture is almost a year old because the Jeeps not even the same color anymore...

Seriously OP, if you have a good metal shop around you, you can probably save 25-35 bucks.
I like that, looks more my style. I have to see what other metal shops that are around. Last i checked Maryland Metals wouldn't cut anything for you and you had to buy it in 24' long sections or something like that. It would be nice to have but not worth the price
Unread 01-28-2011, 08:52 PM   #9
freeskier93
Web Wheeler

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I like that, looks more my style. I have to see what other metal shops that are around. Last i checked Maryland Metals wouldn't cut anything for you and you had to buy it in 24' long sections or something like that. It would be nice to have but not worth the price
If you can't find a good metal place, another idea would be getting the longer Rokmen bumper and cut the ends off to give it the same square look mine has, you would just have to find some scrap metal to cap the ends.
Unread 01-28-2011, 08:57 PM   #10
Lucille92
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I shouldn't have any issue finding the scrap metal, but if i can find the tube steal at a good price somewhere i would rather get that

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.