Rocker Guard Comparison Chart... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Rocker Guard Comparison Chart...

Jeep Grand Cherokee Mirror - Side ViewJeep Grand Cherokee Header PanelTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 10-17-2009, 07:49 PM   #1
Alexia
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Rocker Guard Comparison Chart...

Here is a comparison chart I made for many of the popular rocker guard/sliders available for TJ/LJ model Jeeps. If you wish to see more added let me know the products and the company that makes them.

WtoW = Wheel well to wheel well meaning they go under the flares. By default, most stop at the flares.

Excel spread sheets
To sort and filter the columns, click the double arrows next to each column header.
Excel 1997-2004: http://www.experimentalinsanity.com/...erGuards04.xls
Excel 2007-2008: http://www.experimentalinsanity.com/...kerGuards.xlsx

Build Project Thread
Rocker Guard Comparison Chart - Final Differential Gear Ratios - Oxygen Sensor FAQ
Alexia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2009, 08:11 PM   #2
JDePietro
2010 JK Wrangler 

Great job!!!

I find these charts useful, I myself am torn between a tub mounted rock slider or a fame mounted slider. I really dig the Poison Spyder customs.
Unread 10-17-2009, 08:13 PM   #3
GOLENJEEPTJ
Running Secretly Amok!

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Yea, one of the best on the market Gen-Right.And there wheel well to wheel well! Rocker Guards
GOLENJEEPTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2009, 08:17 PM   #4
dbbd1

2003 TJ Wrangler 

That would be a great thing to add to the chart, tub mounted or frame mounted.

Thanks for the hard work.

The only problem that you have with anyone in this world, is what you expect of them.

Society is no match for a stupid person.

"Life Is tough but it is tougher when you are stupid"

-John Wayne
dbbd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2009, 08:45 PM   #5
Alexia
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLENJEEPTJ View Post
Yea, one of the best on the market Gen-Right.And there wheel well to wheel well! Rocker Guards
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbbd1 View Post
That would be a great thing to add to the chart, tub mounted or frame mounted.

Thanks for the hard work.
I added GenRight and OR-Fab.

I added a column for mounting, but it has no data yet. All that I can tell mount to the body.

Build Project Thread
Rocker Guard Comparison Chart - Final Differential Gear Ratios - Oxygen Sensor FAQ
Unread 10-17-2009, 09:18 PM   #6
wowed777
1999 TJ Wrangler 

what about Body Armor. Im considering those and would like to see how they compare. Any thoughts on those? There is a Bog sale on Body Armor though the end of the year.
wowed777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2009, 09:20 PM   #7
RubiconRazorbac
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Rough Country has some that mount to the frame. They're 1.5" powder coated steel tube with .25" mounting plates. I don't know what the actual thickness of the tube walls are... They're $199.95 on the website now.
My build thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/ru...thread-792423/
RubiconRazorbac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2009, 09:31 PM   #8
Alexia
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wowed777 View Post
what about Body Armor. Im considering those and would like to see how they compare. Any thoughts on those? There is a Bog sale on Body Armor though the end of the year.
Bog sale? Body Armor, is that a brand? What web site? It is an unfortunately fairly generic name to search for in Google.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubiconRazorbac View Post
Rough Country has some that mount to the frame. They're 1.5" powder coated steel tube with .25" mounting plates. I don't know what the actual thickness of the tube walls are... They're $199.95 on the website now.
I believe I may make a separate chart for slider only products that mount to the frame. All the products listed in this spread sheet are body hugging rocker guards with or with out tubes.

Build Project Thread
Unread 10-17-2009, 09:59 PM   #9
256ChiliPepper
1998 TJ Wrangler 

A buddy of mine has Shrockworks sliders. They dont go wheel well to wheel well.
256ChiliPepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2009, 10:24 PM   #10
Tortured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexia View Post
Bog sale? Body Armor, is that a brand? What web site? It is an unfortunately fairly generic name to search for in Google.
Here ya go...
Jeep BodyArmor4x4, Toyota FJ, Jeep JK Front Bumpters
Tortured is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2009, 10:27 PM   #11
Terrible2
2005 TJ Wrangler 

id say go for tub mounted, if you go frame mounted, theres always that small space between the tub and frame which could cause leverage to either rip off the sliders or screw up your paint or dent your tub.
Terrible2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2009, 10:37 PM   #12
JeepDoo
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I just have a quick question about TUB vs FRAME mounting. It seems like if it is tub mounted it has the potential of bending ur entire tub if u really drop it hard. I have Big Daddy Offroad aluminum rockers and they r tub mounted. If they r mounted to the frame they should be a lot more sturdy. Thicker metal there than the tub.
We've got too many gangsters doin dirty deeds. Too much corruption and crime in the street. It's time the long arm of the law put a few more in the ground. Send them all to their maker and he'll settle them down. - Toby Keith & Willie Nelson

[URL="http://www.norcaljeepers.net/forum/"][FONT="Century Gothic"][B][COLOR="DarkSlateGray"]NOR CAL JEEPERS FORUM[/COLOR][/B][/FONT][/URL]
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f20/sound-system-upgrades-speakers-amps-what-you-need-know-964324/"]Want to hear the music in your TJ, look no further...[/URL]

[SIZE="4"][COLOR="White"][B]Longboard Drunk, Jeep Naked, Ski Powder[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]
[COLOR="LemonChiffon"][SIZE="1"]and finish calculus homework[/SIZE][/COLOR]
JeepDoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2009, 10:48 PM   #13
Alexia
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepDoo View Post
I just have a quick question about TUB vs FRAME mounting. It seems like if it is tub mounted it has the potential of bending ur entire tub if u really drop it hard. I have Big Daddy Offroad aluminum rockers and they r tub mounted. If they r mounted to the frame they should be a lot more sturdy. Thicker metal there than the tub.
If you drop down on the bare tub it will bend any way. The tub mounted rocker guards reduce that from happening on small drops.

Having a frame mounted slider underneath the rocker has to deal with a central failure point at the frame. All the force is being put across usually four bolts along with leverage from how far out the slider sticks from the frame.

Both are not perfect, but they all help.

Added Shrockworks to the spread sheet.

Build Project Thread
Unread 10-17-2009, 10:52 PM   #14
2000jeeper
2000 TJ Wrangler 

What about TnT Customs. They are great quality.
Unread 10-17-2009, 10:59 PM   #15
Alexia
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000jeeper View Post
What about TnT Customs. They are great quality.
Treks(TnT Customs) added!

Build Project Thread

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.