Rock Sliders w/side tubes - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Rock Sliders w/side tubes

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 04-13-2013, 02:43 PM   #1
plumber1
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Rock Sliders w/side tubes

I have run Warn rocksliders on my YJ and I must say they have taken a beating and never let me down. I now need to get a set for my TJ I am building. I like the idea of the added tubes you can now get. Some say they are also a step, but I think they are really too high to work very well as a step I also heard from one jeeper that he did not care for the tube because ever time he gets out he rubes his leg on them and ends up with dirt all over because they stick out.

I am also looking to go wheel to wheel and not flare to flare as I may end up with tube fenders down the road. So please post your pictures or comments about your sliders.

Thanks

White Jeep Club #224
plumber1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2013, 03:01 PM   #2
JeSimmers
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I run wheel well to wheel well A to Z fabrication rocker guards with the tube. I couldn't be happier with them and they take a beating.
Red Jeep Club Member #454
JeSimmers is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2013, 03:02 PM   #3
joe_jeep
2005 LJ Wrangler 

love my jcr sliders! quite beefy, look good, w/flare to flare coverage.
those are mine, on my jeep, in their add, when new in the second picture.
060.jpg   sliders.jpg  
glfwda #6624
2005 rubicon sahara lj #592
joe_jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2013, 03:57 PM   #4
plumber1
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe_jeep View Post
love my jcr sliders! quite beefy, look good, w/flare to flare coverage.
those are mine, on my jeep, in their add, when new in the second picture.
Those look like they have the built in step, is it functional or is it really to high to use ?? I like the look of them

White Jeep Club #224
Unread 04-13-2013, 03:59 PM   #5
purplepig
Web Wheeler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I run wheel well to wheel well A to Z fabrication rocker guards with the tube. I couldn't be happier with them and they take a beating.
x2
purplepig is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2013, 04:23 PM   #6
Necko2529
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by plumber1 View Post
Those look like they have the built in step, is it functional or is it really to high to use ?? I like the look of them
Anything lower than that is a clearance hindrance, if you want a step that low, just instal some OEM steps.

Anybody can take advice if it doesn't interfere with their plan.

[B]RIP "Prescott 19"[/B] Prescott Fire Department
Necko2529 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2013, 04:37 PM   #7
plumber1
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necko2529 View Post
Anything lower than that is a clearance hindrance, if you want a step that low, just instal some OEM steps.
I am making a removable step, just wondering if that one is usable

White Jeep Club #224
Unread 04-13-2013, 04:43 PM   #8
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

I couldn't be happier with my Rokmen sliders. They work as a step too. They are WW2WW too.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2013, 04:44 PM   #9
Renegade88
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I have the rockhard 4x4 sliders with tubes and I use them as a foot hangout while cruising with the doors off and also as a step for when I take my top off or load the kayak on the jeep.

PanhandlePierFishing.com
Renegade88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2013, 05:11 PM   #10
The_Dealer
2003 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade88 View Post
I have the rockhard 4x4 sliders with tubes and I use them as a foot hangout while cruising with the doors off and also as a step for when I take my top off or load the kayak on the jeep.
Do you have any pics? I was thinking about those as well. They can be used with my 1" bl without mods, relatively cheap, and come powdercoated
Unread 04-13-2013, 07:04 PM   #11
plumber1
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade88 View Post
I guess that's my answer they are too high to actually be used as a step to get into the jeep. Which is fine

White Jeep Club #224
Unread 04-13-2013, 07:08 PM   #12
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Sliders with tubes are not too high to use as steps....they are a good five inches lower than stepping over and into the tub.

If you want a low entry/step....don't lift it.

My wife and kids use the Rokmen sliders as steps all the time.....as do I.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2013, 07:22 PM   #13
Renegade88
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by plumber1

I guess that's my answer they are too high to actually be used as a step to get into the jeep. Which is fine
I use mine as a step and so does my gf I'm not a tall man I'm lcog lol

PanhandlePierFishing.com
Renegade88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2013, 08:17 PM   #14
McLovin
2000 TJ Wrangler 

On a previous rig I used Carolina rockshop ones, they were awesome, and had coverage both wheel well to wheelwell and under the rockers. They are good when you need to get up high on your jeep, but none that I have seen work well as an aid to get into the vehicle. The tubes/step sit at almost the exact same height as the floor board. so unless you just can't get your foot that extra inch or two over the rocker area you won't find them real helpful.

I'm working on a design that will let you pin the bar up in a typical position or let you pin it down several inches below rocker height for use as a step. IDK why no one else has thought of that. You'd think it would have been down by now with the amount of people I see hauling step stools or bolting chains to the rocker guards.
Unread 04-14-2013, 08:24 AM   #15
aparke4
Web Wheeler

2001 TJ Wrangler 

I prefer the tubes- both form and function. I have the 3/16 trail gear sliders... They have a nice amount of overhang, never get snagged and have a couple of supports. Welds are good and price is right!
image-2049813286.jpg   image-3827666814.jpg  
aparke4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.