RIPP Supercharger - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > RIPP Supercharger

ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wJeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at BaselinRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 10-17-2010, 10:48 PM   #1
sportman
2012 JK Wrangler 

RIPP Supercharger

2 days back I tested TJ 4.0L with Ripp supercharged installed

RIPP Supercharger Drive System for 2004-2006 JEEP Wrangler TJ

Not big difference does anyone has different opinion shall we supercharged 4.0L engine or regearing will do the same job/
what type of supercharged is your preference

sportman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-17-2010, 11:00 PM   #2
chmo
Web Wheeler
2006 TJ Wrangler 

hehe sportman again,

RIPP SC no big difference?

First : As far as I know there is a newer generation out there, which supposed to be noticeably stronger than the first generation. When was the mod done?

Second : Does the mod include the methanol intercooler for the charge? Is there the right mix in your windscreen washer bottle?

Third : as far as I know there is a small "blackbox" coming with the RIPP to be piggybacked onto the ECU ... it has a STANDARD tune from RIPP. Usually a RIPP dealer is qualified to "optimise" the "standard" tune.

... and I thought the RIPP SC for the TJ is cool (if clean stroking is no option in Abu Dhabi ... and it is not!)

But if I could find a good shop I would order a nice stroker kit from 505performance to be used. (They have a (hot?) turbo kit as well!)

And with a stroker you won't have "muroor" problems

hey ... we really should meet!
chmo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-17-2010, 11:11 PM   #3
sportman
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chmo View Post
hehe sportman again,

RIPP SC no big difference?

First : As far as I know there is a newer generation out there, which supposed to be noticeably stronger than the first generation. When was the mod done?

Second : Does the mod include the methanol intercooler for the charge? Is there the right mix in your windscreen washer bottle?

Third : as far as I know there is a small "blackbox" coming with the RIPP to be piggybacked onto the ECU ... it has a STANDARD tune from RIPP. Usually a RIPP dealer is qualified to "optimise" the "standard" tune.

... and I thought the RIPP SC for the TJ is cool (if clean stroking is no option in Abu Dhabi ... and it is not!)

But if I could find a good shop I would order a nice stroker kit from 505performance to be used. (They have a (hot?) turbo kit as well!)

And with a stroker you won't have "muroor" problems

hey ... we really should meet!
I would prefer having 5.7L Hemi under my hood
Unread 10-17-2010, 11:29 PM   #4
chmo
Web Wheeler
2006 TJ Wrangler 

5.7 HEMI ... of course

Go to Abdullah Al Zaabi / Extreme performance in Mussaffah.

He has the best shop specialized in Jeep/Chrysler engines ... and does lots of crazy stuff like 7.1 stroked SRT8 engines turbocharged in JKs ... he used to do TJ mods as well ... but don't expect him to be "cheap", you might end up paying for the V8 swap more than your TJ is worth in total at the moment
chmo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-17-2010, 11:46 PM   #5
sportman
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chmo View Post
5.7 HEMI ... of course

Go to Abdullah Al Zaabi / Extreme performance in Mussaffah.

He has the best shop specialized in Jeep/Chrysler engines ... and does lots of crazy stuff like 7.1 stroked SRT8 engines turbocharged in JKs ... he used to do TJ mods as well ... but don't expect him to be "cheap", you might end up paying for the V8 swap more than your TJ is worth in total at the moment
I passed by Exteme shop...Hemi swap is not legal for registration
2007 JK RUBICON (sold)
2012 White JK Sahara US specs. 6 speed manual

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.