Rims and Tire Help for 2005 Wrangler... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Rims and Tire Help for 2005 Wrangler...

OPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!Alloy USA and Posi-Lok Cable Axle Disconnect Kits Dana 30 Spartan Locker Special Forum Prices Dana 30 44 60 Ford 8.8

Unread 10-04-2013, 07:16 PM   #1
kriegadler
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Rims and Tire Help for 2005 Wrangler...

Hello Forum!

I have had nothing but amazing help everytime I have turned to this forum and asked. So, before I go any further I just want to thank every person who has ever read a post of mine and responded. You guys have saved me time, money and aggravation!

Ok, so a truck drops off a huge metal THING in the middle of the road the other day and I didn't swerve fast enough to miss the whole thing and my left front tire got ripped to shreds. Fortunately the skid plates did their job and aside from alignment the jeep weathered it great.

So, I need new tires. I have a 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited. I have seen on Craigslist a number of guys selling tires and rims at a reasonable price but they are from circa 2009, 2010 Jeeps and my question is: will these rims fit my jeep? Any help greatly appreciated!

Unread 10-04-2013, 07:22 PM   #2
Delta347
T-Rex Bait

1990 YJ Wrangler 

If it's off a JK I do believe they are 5 on 5 lug pattern with larger disc brakes (hence stock 17" rims). Which is the same pattern as Grand Cherokees I think.

YJ/TJ were 4.5 on 5.

I have a set of 5 TJ Rubicon Rims with BFG km1 tires but I'm on the opposite side of the states so shipping those on a palette would be a $$$$.

/End Transmission
Side Effects may include dry mouth, nausea, vomitting, water retention, painful recolage, hallucination, dementia, psycosis, coma, death, and halitosus. YJs are not for everyone please consult your physician before use.
Delta347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2013, 07:46 PM   #3
Dean7276
2005 TJ Wrangler 

You will need adapters in order for 2007 and up rims to fit on your TJ. Poison spider is a good source.
Dean7276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2013, 01:01 AM   #4
RDaniel2405
TJ with JK Wheels

2006 TJ Wrangler 

You will need wheel adapters to run JK 5x5 wheels on your TJ 5x4.5 hubs. Make sure they are Hubcentric adapters, not the Lugcentric ones.

I have been using the Poision Spider wheel adapters and running JK wheels now for over 2 years.
RDaniel2405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2013, 02:12 AM   #5
Necko2529
Surfing JF Since '04

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kriegadler View Post
Hello Forum!

I have had nothing but amazing help everytime I have turned to this forum and asked. So, before I go any further I just want to thank every person who has ever read a post of mine and responded. You guys have saved me time, money and aggravation!

Ok, so a truck drops off a huge metal THING in the middle of the road the other day and I didn't swerve fast enough to miss the whole thing and my left front tire got ripped to shreds. Fortunately the skid plates did their job and aside from alignment the jeep weathered it great.

So, I need new tires. I have a 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited. I have seen on Craigslist a number of guys selling tires and rims at a reasonable price but they are from circa 2009, 2010 Jeeps and my question is: will these rims fit my jeep? Any help greatly appreciated!
As long as its 5x4.5 bolt pattern and no more than 5" backspacing should fit fine with up to 31" tires.

Anybody can take advice if it doesn't interfere with their plan.

RIP "Prescott 19" Prescott Fire Department
Necko2529 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2013, 07:22 PM   #6
kriegadler
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks to you guys. Found rims and tires that are actually FOR my model. Back on my wheels!

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.