Right Hand Drive TJ Build Thread - Page 9 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Right Hand Drive TJ Build Thread

ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wJeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at BaselinRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 01-30-2010, 04:44 PM   #121
NotURMailman
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Just finished installing the Savvy corners and tail lights. In the first picture you can kind of see the drop brackets I made for my license plate. In the second one you can sort of see the "armor" plexi-glass patch plate I made to fill the gap between my Savvy corners and my Skid Row rockers. Both products are top notch as I would expect from Savvy!

I drive on the right side, what's wrong with you?

Quote:
Be very careful with the wife mod. Uninstallation can be extremely expensive. Wife mods have been known to take the Jeep and all other mods during the uninstall process. Also, make sure you service your wife mod properly as often as humanly possible. Wife mods not properly serviced may malfunction or uninstall themselves at any time.
NotURMailman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-30-2010, 07:24 PM   #122
Apex
Recon death squad

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Those corners look awesome...Now that I ordered mine I have to figure out if I want them black, silver (color matched) or just bare aluminum.

Your Jeep is coming along nicely. I've enjoyed watching you hit barriers with this RHD Jeep and continue to overcome them.

Current vehicles: 06 F250 Superduty - 6.0L PSD Straight piped and tuned
03 CBR600RR -1 +2, Yoshi'd & Battlaxed

Quote:
Originally Posted by bddisi View Post
Finesse in crawling looks way cooler than momentum.
Apex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-01-2010, 09:51 AM   #123
NotURMailman
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep02Apex View Post
Those corners look awesome...Now that I ordered mine I have to figure out if I want them black, silver (color matched) or just bare aluminum.

Your Jeep is coming along nicely. I've enjoyed watching you hit barriers with this RHD Jeep and continue to overcome them.
Thanks for the kind words! Perserverance, patienece, attention to detail, and willingness to ask for help when needed go along way with projects like this...

Quote:
Be very careful with the wife mod. Uninstallation can be extremely expensive. Wife mods have been known to take the Jeep and all other mods during the uninstall process. Also, make sure you service your wife mod properly as often as humanly possible. Wife mods not properly serviced may malfunction or uninstall themselves at any time.
Unread 02-26-2010, 12:53 PM   #124
NotURMailman
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Got the cage installed this weekend. I was a little disapointed in the fit. A lot of beeting, banging and ratchet strapping involved just to make it fit and quite a few of the clamps ended up gapped. In retrospect I believe assembling everything and running a hone in all of the clamp ends to remove 100% of the powder coat would have helped. But, not all of the problems can be related to that. My agravation led to sub standard (by my standards) finish on the trimmed interior panels around the windshield, lackign my usual anal retentive attention to detail... oh well. No pictures yet.

The OEM battery also finally took a complete dump on me. So, I replaced it with an Optima Yellow Top. It better be good for $200! Good greif, they are proud of those things!

This week will be time to install the LED side markers I got to put in the sides of the hood. I'll try to get pictures.

Quote:
Unread 02-27-2010, 11:29 AM   #125
NotURMailman
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Finally got a pciture of the cage (sort of). Sorry, I didn't feel like taking the breif top and wind breaker off the get the whole thing...

I had to mount the sound pods in front of the B-pillar cross bar because of the angle bars. That's OK, now they're right over the seats for better rocking out!

Quote:
Unread 02-27-2010, 11:33 AM   #126
NotURMailman
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Got the marker lights installed. I cut the old marker light bulb sockets off and pulled the power wires out of the harness and ran them up to the hood and along the edge. I ran the ground wires to the bolt for the hood grounding strap. Then I put it all in loom and attached it to the edge of the hood with mouting cable ties and aluminum rivets...

They're pretty bright considering they are only 3/4" diameter LEDs.

Not too tough of a job, and I think they turned out pretty good.

I also finally got my DurtyRok stickers and my Savvy stickers put on. The only stickers that I ever plan on putting on the Jeep, unless I can find one of those "if you can read this roll me back over" stickers...

(and there's my baby girl checking the air in my tires for me)

Quote:
Unread 02-27-2010, 11:34 AM   #127
NotURMailman
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I'm patiently waiting for Savvy to get their tire carrier, rear bumper, and dual rate sway bar available.
I want to get their front bumper, but I want to do the sway bar at the same time (and put on a synthetic winch line).
I also want to do their tub mounted tire carrier and rear bumper together.
That's ok, maybe by the time they come out I will have some money!

Quote:
Unread 03-07-2010, 05:09 PM   #128
turbojoe
1997 TJ Wrangler 

thats a sexy lookin jeep you got there.. A RHD jeep.. so JDM haha(little inside joke in the honda scene) Lookin good tho.. hows the gas with the 4 speed auto tranny? I have the 3spd auto and was thinkin about swappin that in if it makes a difference.
turbojoe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-07-2010, 07:24 PM   #129
josh9465
1999 TJ Wrangler 

A RHD TJ in USA. You'll be right at home driving it here in Australia.

just wondering if you know of any companies that do replacement steering boxes for the RHD TJ's.
josh9465 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-09-2010, 05:16 AM   #130
NotURMailman
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbojoe View Post
thats a sexy lookin jeep you got there.. A RHD jeep.. so JDM haha(little inside joke in the honda scene) Lookin good tho.. hows the gas with the 4 speed auto tranny? I have the 3spd auto and was thinkin about swappin that in if it makes a difference.
I get the JDM joke, the project that I sold to build the Jeep was a VTec Del Sol. Fuel mileage bone stock was 17, now it's around 13mpg...

Quote:
Unread 03-09-2010, 05:18 AM   #131
NotURMailman
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh9465 View Post
A RHD TJ in USA. You'll be right at home driving it here in Australia.

just wondering if you know of any companies that do replacement steering boxes for the RHD TJ's.
I would love to bring the Jeep and just go exploring the country side down there for a few weeks!

That's an issue I haven't had to deal with yet. Let me know what you find out!

Quote:
Unread 05-01-2010, 08:05 PM   #132
MisfitSeven
MAIL Crawler.

1998 TJ Wrangler 

did you ever get to take pics of your steering linkages and all the other stuff on your front end? post em up.

and unfortunately, you have to go straight to the dealer for a new steering box. i paid $650 two years ago.
Unread 05-03-2010, 05:40 AM   #133
NotURMailman
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I forgot all about it and I don't remember if I took them or not. But, I can take some this week. I have to crawl under there to clean her up anyway. Here are some before and after pictures from when you let your daughter talk you in to driving through the mud pit. Mud is the devil! But the important thing is that she had fun (and she gets to help clean it )
mailman.jpg   img00009-20100502-1511.jpg  

Quote:
Unread 05-03-2010, 06:52 AM   #134
Dash
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Have fun cleaning up
Dash is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-20-2010, 05:42 PM   #135
NotURMailman
2005 TJ Wrangler 

OK, so I'm a big giant slacker! No one asked for any specific pics, just front end pics.... so here they finally are:

In the 4th and 5th pics you can see the frame side drop bracket I made to keep the track bar parrallel to the drag link.
fe1.jpg   fe2.jpg   fe3.jpg   fe4.jpg   fe5.jpg  

Quote:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.