Right Hand Drive TJ Build Thread - Page 8 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Right Hand Drive TJ Build Thread

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsSavvy FOX IFP 4" Lift Shocks in Stock

Unread 10-30-2009, 11:04 AM   #106
NotURMailman
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I'll try to get you some good pics this weekend. For now I'm going to trim the snot out of the pocket flares. If I go with tube flares later I'll most likely just make them.

I drive on the right side, what's wrong with you?

Quote:
Be very careful with the wife mod. Uninstallation can be extremely expensive. Wife mods have been known to take the Jeep and all other mods during the uninstall process. Also, make sure you service your wife mod properly as often as humanly possible. Wife mods not properly serviced may malfunction or uninstall themselves at any time.
NotURMailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2009, 08:12 AM   #107
NotURMailman
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Hardly got to touch her this weekend. I did get to modify the front frame end track bar bracket. I did some quick geometry calculations and found that the frame end of my track bar was 1 3/4" inches too high with the steering on top of the knuckles. The modified bracket is quite possible one of the ugliest things I have ever seen, but I have no doubts it will hold up. My only concern is the leverage on it from it being so long. I may end up making some sort of support across to the opposite side frame rail, but I will most likely wait to do that until I take the time to remove the spring and shock on the side so I can cut the whole brakcet assembly off of the frame and start from scratch. The tarck bar bracket is going to be 1/2 - 3/4" from the sway bar link bracket, and I am not 100% convinced that it won't contact the axle tube under full suspension compression on that side. I will have to investiaget that futher after I get the new sway bar link brackets welded on.

Quote:
Be very careful with the wife mod. Uninstallation can be extremely expensive. Wife mods have been known to take the Jeep and all other mods during the uninstall process. Also, make sure you service your wife mod properly as often as humanly possible. Wife mods not properly serviced may malfunction or uninstall themselves at any time.
Unread 12-02-2009, 02:42 PM   #108
EvilM0nkey
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Holy crap! Is this even the same Jeep?
Looks good!
EvilM0nkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2009, 04:55 AM   #109
NotURMailman
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks Ross! Her maiden voyage will be this weekend. She's on the trailer outside of my office now just waiting for me to get off work and head to Uwharrie. They're calling for some nasty weather so it should be a good way to break her in.

I trimmed the snot out of the flares to keep the tire from ripping them off during stuff. I'll get some pictures up when I can. Hopefully I'll have some good wheeling pics when I get back!

Quote:

Last edited by NotURMailman; 12-04-2009 at 08:23 AM..
Unread 12-07-2009, 05:33 AM   #110
NotURMailman
2005 TJ Wrangler 

She did great at URE! Had to winch up the first ledge on the back side of Daniel (it was slick and nasty from all of the rain, and I ddin't pick the best line). Didn't like no sway bar and 6psi of tire pressure on the off camber stuff, my butt chewed on my seat fabric too much! I'm thinking daul rate Sway Lok, not decided yet... suggestions?

Quote:
Unread 12-08-2009, 05:11 AM   #111
NotURMailman
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Here are the few shots we got. Including the goofball poser shots (couldn't resist).
uredec09_1.jpg   uredec09_2.jpg   uredec09_dr.jpg   uredec09_pos1.jpg   uredec09_pos2.jpg  

Quote:
Unread 12-08-2009, 05:11 AM   #112
NotURMailman
2005 TJ Wrangler 

And the rest...
uredec09_pos3.jpg   uredec09_pos4.jpg  

Quote:
Unread 12-08-2009, 06:47 AM   #113
cmoore
2001 TJ Wrangler 

looks good mang.
98 XJ:4.0, AW4, HP30/8.25 4.56 Spartan/LSD, alloy shafts & joints, HD steer, SYE/CV, skids, RADesigns gated shifter, RE mix n match lift, 35"mt/rs, THOR guards F&R, weld-in custom rockers & stiffeners, custom front bumper, orfab rear bumper, THOR cowl induction, on board air, on board welder, etc
cmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2009, 02:40 PM   #114
NotURMailman
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmoore View Post
looks good mang.
Thanks!

Quote:
Unread 12-11-2009, 08:02 PM   #115
EvilM0nkey
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I see you decided to throw on a hard top and doors this time!
Big difference in the performance too!
EvilM0nkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2010, 07:01 PM   #116
Dwatts5250
1997 XJ Cherokee 

I just saw a Yellow hardtop Right hand driver TJ on a used car lot $14,999 for it. Im tempted to get it, but how hard is it to drive on the streets, being that you are sitting opposite of "norm"?
"A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America' for an amount of up to and including my life. That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it."
Dwatts5250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2010, 04:45 AM   #117
NotURMailman
2005 TJ Wrangler 

That all depends on you, it doesn't bother me at all. In fact I like it better. That seems alfully high on the price though! I got mine for $10,000 out the door and the woman that had it before me never even took the plastic film off of the carpet, it was the cleanest 50,000 mile vehicle I've ever seen...

Quote:
Unread 01-15-2010, 04:47 AM   #118
NotURMailman
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilM0nkey View Post
I see you decided to throw on a hard top and doors this time!
Big difference in the performance too!

Wow! Looking at those photos side by side really puts it into perspective...

Quote:
Unread 01-15-2010, 05:20 AM   #119
cmoore
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotURMailman View Post
Wow! Looking at those photos side by side really puts it into perspective...

One might say the difference is day and night. Jeep looks good bro . What's next?
98 XJ:4.0, AW4, HP30/8.25 4.56 Spartan/LSD, alloy shafts & joints, HD steer, SYE/CV, skids, RADesigns gated shifter, RE mix n match lift, 35"mt/rs, THOR guards F&R, weld-in custom rockers & stiffeners, custom front bumper, orfab rear bumper, THOR cowl induction, on board air, on board welder, etc
cmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2010, 06:20 PM   #120
NotURMailman
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Got my tail lights off, license plate off, gas filler neck mount off, flares off, and inner fender liners out. Then I got the holes drilled and nutserts installed (thanks Gerald!) and the corners primed and painted. Now I just need the paint to dry and I'll have Savvy corners and tail lights finally installed!

Quote:

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.