Right Hand Drive TJ Build Thread - Page 27 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Right Hand Drive TJ Build Thread

Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%Santa Kolak Announces: Kolak Exhaust 20% Off Sale!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO

Unread 03-05-2012, 07:56 AM   #391
NotURMailman
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jankoid View Post
Do the ecteds at least still function as LSDs?

They appear to, that is why I believe the magnets have either failed or broken, but the coils are not open, they read a small amount of resistance (less than one ohm). I am not sure what they should read, and they could be shorted and not creating a magnetic field. However, they are not dead shorted to ground, as they have not blown the fuses. It could still be worn clutches that are working to a point but allowing slippage. I know I was mired down in nastiness on the last trip and locked front and rear and only got one tire on each axle to spin. I was not in a bad bind on any rocks or anything, just in some slop.

I drive on the right side, what's wrong with you?

Quote:
Be very careful with the wife mod. Uninstallation can be extremely expensive. Wife mods have been known to take the Jeep and all other mods during the uninstall process. Also, make sure you service your wife mod properly as often as humanly possible. Wife mods not properly serviced may malfunction or uninstall themselves at any time.
NotURMailman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-05-2012, 07:58 AM   #392
NotURMailman
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Still not totally decided on what direction to go if I ditch the Ecteds. I may go Detroit rear and ARB front... decisions, decisions....

Quote:
Be very careful with the wife mod. Uninstallation can be extremely expensive. Wife mods have been known to take the Jeep and all other mods during the uninstall process. Also, make sure you service your wife mod properly as often as humanly possible. Wife mods not properly serviced may malfunction or uninstall themselves at any time.
Unread 03-05-2012, 08:01 AM   #393
NotURMailman
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoogieman View Post
That sucks! I had surgery 5 months back and have to do it again in 2 days.I'll have to take off another 6 weeks from work to recover.I hope they get it right this time. Good luck!
Thanks. Finally know what the cause is. Genetic abnomally. Looks like blood thinners for life. Which promises to be fun, since after helping install some Metal Cloak fenders this weeken I cam home covered in bruises.

Quote:
Unread 03-05-2012, 08:12 AM   #394
TheBoogieman
Demonic Jeep Freak!

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotURMailman View Post
Thanks. Finally know what the cause is. Genetic abnomally. Looks like blood thinners for life. Which promises to be fun, since after helping install some Metal Cloak fenders this weeken I cam home covered in bruises.
At least you know the cause.My 17 year old (at the time)neighbor inherited a similar problem from his mother.He avoided getting into fist or knife fights.He's around 38 now and doing well.Just be careful with getting cuts on those blood thinners.
TheBoogieman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-05-2012, 08:41 AM   #395
NotURMailman
2005 TJ Wrangler 

E-mailed Auburn support and got an out-of-office auto reply. That doesn't inspire confidence, then again I suppose everyone needs vacation time, but you would think they would have more than one person handling support e-mails.

Quote:
Unread 03-05-2012, 11:40 AM   #396
NotURMailman
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Hey... someone (cough...cough...Blaine). If I build the HP30 I'm gona go ahead and go to coil overs. Possible to get 6" uptrale and 6" downtravel in the front with 35s without going sky high at stock axle width? And any recomendations on spring rates and valving? I have done tons of research, but would like t hear input from someone who has been there and done that!

So, really anyone who has gone this route.

FYI - I have a 1.25" BL and have my eye on the aluminum PSC DeFenders with 3" flares.

Quote:
Unread 03-06-2012, 10:26 AM   #397
NotURMailman
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Still no response from Auburn... not looking good there. Oh well, guess I'll start on the HP 30 and plan on an ARB.

Quote:
Unread 03-08-2012, 09:46 AM   #398
NotURMailman
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I think I may ditch the HP30 and build an HP44.

Quote:
Unread 03-23-2012, 10:39 PM   #399
TJRHD
2005 TJ Wrangler 

How are things with you? How is the locker situation going?
Unread 03-29-2012, 10:21 AM   #400
NotURMailman
2005 TJ Wrangler 

No replies from Auburn via phone or e-mail. looks like I'll plan to build a new front axle and re-do the rear with ARBs.

Quote:
Unread 03-31-2012, 05:47 PM   #401
NotURMailman
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Finaly got the winch all buttoned up with the hoop, lights, new fairlead, and synthetic Viking line.

Now I just need to get the new compressor swapped in for the old burnt our QuikAir.

forumrunner_20120331_184425.jpg

Quote:
Unread 06-25-2012, 03:58 PM   #402
NotURMailman
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Haven't been on the Jeep much. Got a lot of other projects going, and work keeps me on the road a lot. But, I did decide on an eLocker in front and an ARB in the rear (going to stick with the LP30 for now). Got the eLocker in yesterday, the rear will have to wait while I put some funding into other things. The install went pretty smooth for the most part. But, if I ever go into the front axle again... it is coming out from under the Jeep! Trying to put the diff in place and use a case spreader while laying on my side under the Jeep is not worth it.

I was a tad aggravated with the fact that the D30 eLocker uses a non standard bearing, which is not included with the locker. At least ARB has the decency to supply the bearing since they are not standard parts.

I settled on the eLocker for the front due to the fact that the collar type engagement on the D30 units is reportedly very strong and reliable. The pin style used in the D44 does not seem to be as such, therefor I will be using an ARB in the rear.

Other than that the only mods have been rearranging the front fenders with a rock face at Coal Creek, flattening my RR shock into a "D" shape, and folding the tailpipe around the rear axle tube.

I'm not going to spend money replacing the shocks in their current configuration. After this trip I will install Currie rear spring with corrected factory upper spring buckets, and outboarded 12" Fox shocks. At the same time I may or may not re-engineer the rear arms and link mounts.

Also decided on the Corbeau Baja JP seats, I'll get them eventually.

The longer I spend doing things other than working on the Jeep, the longer my wishlist of parts gets...

Quote:
Unread 04-24-2013, 03:33 PM   #403
NotURMailman
2005 TJ Wrangler 

The front end is basically done. I just need to install the 7/16 nutserts in the spring pads for the Currie bump stops and bolt everything together.

Custom tie rod fabbed. Shock mounts welded in (upper and lower).

Reserviors mounted.

Anti-rock installed.

Currie springs and bump stops ready to go in.

I have everything I need for a factory rear disc brake conversion sitting on my couch, including bearing retainer plates and Wizard caliper flip brackets.

My new Corbeau Baja JP seats are sitting at the warehouse waiting for me to pick them up.

The black Rock Monster wheels and Poison Spyder hood panel are in route.

I refuse to touch anything else until I get the front end buttoned up and break in the new Black Magic pads in the front.

It WILL be ready with seats and rear disc brakes by July for a trip to Coal Creek!

Jeez... I have my work cut out for me!

Oh, and I need to finish moving the front turn signals to the grille as well as replace the tailpipe and soft top frame.

Quote:
Unread 06-24-2013, 07:13 AM   #404
NotURMailman
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Ok, so the front suspension is all buttoned up and dialed in. Without the springs I can cycle either side or both sides of the front axle from full droop to full bump with no binding. I have 5 1/4" of up-travel from ride height, that may decrease slightly when the springs settle. I feel it is pretty well balanced with the 11" travel shocks. I currently have the AntiRock at the next to last hole. I may adjust it from there if I feel it is needed. It is technically driveable once I put the front tires back on.

I didn't put the tires on because I really want the tires on the RockMonsters before I bolt them back up.

I can't wait to drive it with the decent springs and shocks that are properly matched up front. It will certainly be a different experience.

I still have the new suspension seats, the PSI hood panel, the rear disc brake conversion kit, and quite a few little things to do. But, none of that is required to drive it or wheel it.

I'm afraid the battery may be shot, I haven't had any luck charging it so far. I'm giving it one last try and then I will just go buy a Die Hard platinum and move on.

I can't post pictures from work, but I will try to remember to get some up from home.

Quote:
Unread 06-24-2013, 11:19 AM   #405
NotURMailman
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Almost forgot, I got a mil sirplus H1 intake bonnet so I can get rid of the ARB tree magnet snorkel.

And I got a pair of JKS mini skids for the LCA brackets that I need to weld on.

Quote:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.