Right Hand Drive TJ Build Thread - Page 15 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Right Hand Drive TJ Build Thread

ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wJeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at BaselinRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 08-18-2010, 05:04 PM   #211
NotURMailman
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonewhln View Post
This is still in the works it's a trackbar mount for my RHD
Looks beefy! But, I would hate to service that front diff...

I drive on the right side, what's wrong with you?

Quote:
Be very careful with the wife mod. Uninstallation can be extremely expensive. Wife mods have been known to take the Jeep and all other mods during the uninstall process. Also, make sure you service your wife mod properly as often as humanly possible. Wife mods not properly serviced may malfunction or uninstall themselves at any time.
NotURMailman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-18-2010, 05:09 PM   #212
Gonewhln
2006 TJ Wrangler 

You know in a week or so the guy i'm going to have regear is going to have and deal with that issue i'll tell him how it comes off but for the 500 he want's to charge he is going to earn it.
Gonewhln is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-18-2010, 05:28 PM   #213
biffgnar
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotURMailman View Post
On the crossmember bolts:
The bend in the frame is exactly why. If you go to remove the bolts (if installed from the rear) with the inner C bolts snug, they will hit the frame before thay clear the Cs. At least they did on my Jeep.

On the trans mount bolts:
Think of it this way: if the nuts were to come off with the bolts inserted from the rear the bolts would only have to back out say 3/4" before the transmission would come crashing down and the drivetrain would be resting on the t-case via the crossmember. With them in from the front they would have to back out the full length of the bolt first.
This is odd. I just went and looked at mine and the crossmember bolt is in the from the rear and everything is snug with no problems. As I think about it I remember it was from the front where bolt was hitting frame with C bolts snug. I've obviously heard the saying that all jeeps are different but this seems like a big difference. And the Under Armor works with both? Interesting.

Understand your point on the transmission mount and I'll change it next time I have it apart.
Unread 08-18-2010, 08:11 PM   #214
NotURMailman
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I could be loosing my mind too, there's not a lot left...

Quote:
Be very careful with the wife mod. Uninstallation can be extremely expensive. Wife mods have been known to take the Jeep and all other mods during the uninstall process. Also, make sure you service your wife mod properly as often as humanly possible. Wife mods not properly serviced may malfunction or uninstall themselves at any time.
Unread 08-19-2010, 06:34 AM   #215
NotURMailman
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savvy View Post
Those are some beefy Socket head cap screws!

Nicely done!
Thanks Gerald!

Quote:
Unread 08-19-2010, 08:21 AM   #216
Savvy
Vendor

2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by biffgnar View Post
Pretty much the same order I ended up doing things in. Question - why do you highlight putting the crossmember bolt in from the front? When I was having trouble with the bolt conflict I thought I remembered Gerald telling me from the back was fine. From the back did seem a bit easier given the bend in the frame there. I honestly don't recall which way it is now as I was messing around with both directions while dealing with the bolt conflict. Easy to change if a good reason for it to be one way. Seems like I should change the transmission mount as I know those are in from the back. Your point makes sense, although I'm not real concerned about anything coming loose in the there. Fit is so tight for everything.

Edit: Maybe I should know better than to take technical advice from Gerald.
Unless you don't know how to properly tighten a bolt up I stand by my advice. Ask Blanie the same question and I'm sure you get more than an ear full. Look at the installed pictures in these threads. They all show the bolt going in from the back! In fact, so you can learn, the serrated flange nut is best used on the inside. It is better if you turn the bolt than the nut as the serrated nut will grab better thus dimishing the likely hood of it backing off. If you tighten from the nut side you flatten out the serrated edge more.

Thank god one less person I won't need to help any longer!

Edit: Really!

Email me for the fastest response: gman@savvyoffroad.com

Like us on Facebook FACEBOOK.COM/SAVVYOFFROAD

The ONLY place to get Savvy/Currie Lifts and parts! The best price and support!

Now with Lifetime Guarantee Lifetime Guarantee - See Here

http://www.savvyoffroad.com

Savvy Spartan 2004 LJ

2014 JKU Test Mule

2003 TJ Project Unrolled
2003 TJ Project Click Here
Savvy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-19-2010, 08:25 AM   #217
biffgnar
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savvy View Post
Unless you don't know how to properly tighten a bolt up I stand by my advice. Ask Blanie the same question and I'm sure you get more than an ear full. Look at the installed pictures in these threads. They all show the bolt going in from the back!

Thank god one less person I won't need to help any longer!
Gerald, I was agreeing with you that it comes from the rear. Noturmailman was the one saying it should come from the front (and it does look like in his pictures like he did it that way). Please don't cut me off.
Unread 08-19-2010, 08:31 AM   #218
NotURMailman
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Settle down

It seems it doesn't really matter which way the cross member bolts go in, I just stated how I did it.

I'll go back and remove the bold type, maybe that will make every one feel better

Quote:
Unread 08-19-2010, 10:36 AM   #219
NotURMailman
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Powder coater just called. Said I could pick everything up at lunch tomorrow. He also came down quite a bit on the price due to the wait. He wants to try a new powder he's just started using. He called it "Black Polly Peel". Apparently it's get a heavy texture to it. It will still be gloss with clear over it, but when I beat something against a rock and touch it up with rattle can it will hide it better. He's going to do the spacer plates with regular satin black and no clear. So, we'll see what happens...

I also told him that I didn't mean to send him the exhaust hanger bracket, so he's not going to spray it.

Quote:
Unread 08-19-2010, 10:53 AM   #220
Savvy
Vendor

2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotURMailman View Post
Powder coater just called. Said I could pick everything up at lunch tomorrow. He also came down quite a bit on the price due to the wait. He wants to try a new powder he's just started using. He called it "Black Polly Peel". Apparently it's get a heavy texture to it. It will still be gloss with clear over it, but when I beat something against a rock and touch it up with rattle can it will hide it better. He's going to do the spacer plates with regular satin black and no clear. So, we'll see what happens...

I also told him that I didn't mean to send him the exhaust hanger bracket, so he's not going to spray it.
Looking forward to seeing the coating!

Email me for the fastest response: gman@savvyoffroad.com

Like us on Facebook FACEBOOK.COM/SAVVYOFFROAD

The ONLY place to get Savvy/Currie Lifts and parts! The best price and support!

Now with Lifetime Guarantee Lifetime Guarantee - See Here

http://www.savvyoffroad.com

Savvy Spartan 2004 LJ

2014 JKU Test Mule

2003 TJ Project Unrolled
2003 TJ Project Click Here
Savvy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-19-2010, 10:58 AM   #221
NotURMailman
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I actually just found the data on it online.

http://www.trojanpowder.com/pdfs/TCI%20Color%20Card.pdf

The color swatch is on page 9.

According to the chart on page 4 it shoudl be one of the best choices for this type of application; hard, flexibe, and tough.

And it should look really unique with the clear over it. I can't wait to see it!

Quote:
Unread 08-19-2010, 11:10 AM   #222
failure2stop
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Well not to go too far off topic but.. when I was in the marines I worked on ch53's (big helicopter). One day someone told me that the bolts on a some mounting arms were in backwards. After alittle research, It says the bolts will be installed with the bolt head toward the Direction of flight (or movement). if for some reason the nut came off the bolt would be pushed in and not out by the wind. Not that it matters to much on a jeep. but the military learned some lesson somewhere along the way and made it a rule.
failure2stop is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-19-2010, 11:16 AM   #223
NotURMailman
2005 TJ Wrangler 

If anyone ever gets a Jeep up fast enough for the wind force to blow bolts out, the nut loose behind the steering wheel is the biggest problem

Quote:
Unread 08-20-2010, 05:15 PM   #224
NotURMailman
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Tried to pick up the parts from powder coat at lunch. The logo didn't work out. The black crepped up under the edges of the tape too much. That was not his fault. But, once the parts were in the sun you could see that everything had been sprayed too thin. So, I left it and he's recoating. I do like the poly peel look though. Atleast I did get to re-clain my exhaust hanger, so I can get the exhaust taken care of and it will be driveable. This is getting old fast!! :

Quote:
Unread 08-23-2010, 12:24 PM   #225
NotURMailman
2005 TJ Wrangler 

There seems to be a dark cloud looming over my Jeep build. Now the hydrostatic transaxle in my garden tractor has puked out on me. So I will have to start re-building it tonight when I get home. Maybe I'll get lucky and can finish it before my parts come back from powder coat...

Quote:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.